We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
The Gag Options

Philosopher
#1 Posted : 7/7/2013 5:23:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I have an over active gag reflex, and as you guys know, ingesting larger doses of mushrooms can be challenging. After about eating a gram or 2 It becomes extremely hard to force down the rest of my dose. After every bite I gag and it sticks in my throat for a while before I can swallow. This is very uncomfortable. I have looked into other methods, like tea and pill capsules. I can't seem to trip hard enough through these method though. I have fresh mushrooms, which I brew and drink. But the trip just isn't the same sort of trip attained from actually eating the mushrooms.

If anyone else struggles with the gag I'd like some suggestions as to how you can ingest large doses.

I have had a lot of trouble drying my mushrooms so the pill capsules are sort of useless in this case. Have you had better luck with some sort of extraction tek? Or some special ingredients added to teas. I use ginger and honey.

I know I could just simply trip on LSD, but my homegrown mushrooms hold a very special place in my heart. Also it's not just mushrooms. Most entheogenic plants are very bitter and induce gagging. The problem is that once I gag for the first timep, every bite afterwards is increasingly difficult to ingest.

I can't drink more than one shot of hard alcohol without gagging, which I don't mind. Alcohol isn't really a large part of my life, but the entheogenic plants are a huge influence on me.

Any suggestions? Thanks guys!
We are surprisingly similar.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

spinCycle
#2 Posted : 7/7/2013 6:16:40 PM

Life is Art is Life

Powder mushrooms. Mix into fruit yogurt. Blackberry, Raspberry, etc... anything with a strong flavor. Wait a few minites for mushrooms to soften. Eat.

You'll barely even know they're in there.
Images of broken light,
Which dance before me like a million eyes,
They call me on and on...

anrchy
#3 Posted : 7/7/2013 7:10:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I found tea to work well for me. Although I used dried mushrooms to make it. Are you using fresh mushrooms to make the tea? What difficulty are you having drying your mushrooms?

I also have issues with ingesting mushrooms. It is really difficult to eat more than a gram of plain dry mushrooms. It gets worse the more I eat too.
Open your Mind () Please read my DMT vaping guide () Fear is the mind killer

"Energy flows where attention goes"

[Please review the forum Wiki and FAQ before posting questions]

Philosopher
#4 Posted : 7/7/2013 10:25:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yeah I think my main issue is I'm trying to eat them fresh. Thanks spin cycle that's a great idea I'm definitely going to try it. I work at a juicery, so we have a ton of fruits and I make smoothies all day. Ill just make a smoothie at my house and add the powder shrooms. That's awesome. Also when I eat fruit on shrooms I literally feel myself becoming healthy, it flows through me.

I'm not sure why my mushrooms won't dry. I put them in a dry area on a screen mesh and keep a fan on it for a day or 2. But it never really dries fully. To the point where I could powder it.
We are surprisingly similar.

anrchy
#5 Posted : 7/8/2013 12:25:30 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Well that's your problem. It's def going to take more than just two days to dry them. Some people use a desiccant after they have dried a little but either way you just keep drying them until they are crunchy.

Once you dry them making a tea will work much better. Remember too much heat can destroy psilocin, so be gentle.
Open your Mind () Please read my DMT vaping guide () Fear is the mind killer

"Energy flows where attention goes"

[Please review the forum Wiki and FAQ before posting questions]

Pup Tentacle
#6 Posted : 7/8/2013 1:11:13 AM

lettuce

Keep your eye out for a dehydrator.... If you plan on having a long relationship with mushrooms and their cultivation , they really come In handy. So many other uses as well. Smile
Pup Tentacle

You are precisely as big as what you love and precisely as small as what you allow to annoy you.
Robert Anton Wilson
Mushroom Greenhouse How-To
I'm no pro but I know a a few things - always willing to help with Psilocybe cubensis cultivation questions.

Elpo
#7 Posted : 7/8/2013 11:33:01 AM

DMT-Nexus member

anrchy wrote:
Some people use a desiccant after they have dried a little but either way you just keep drying them until they are crunchy.

Dessicant is the way to go. Try getting a container with a top and bottom floor. The middle should have holes. Place the mushrooms on the top floor and the desiccant on the bottom one. After a few days the mushrooms will be cracker dry.

Concerning the taste and gagreflex, I always eat a tiny piece of black chocolate when eating mushrooms and it does the trick amazingly. This would also work with fresh ones.

"It permits you to see, more clearly than our perishing mortal eye can see, vistas beyond the horizons of this life, to travel backwards and forwards in time, to enter other planes of existence, even (as the Indians say) to know God." R. Gordon Wasson

Trickster
#8 Posted : 7/10/2013 12:19:41 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expert

If you are into larger doses, even dry, powdered and mixed with some juice mushrooms could be problematic. Penultimate solution would be an alcohol extraction. Methanol seems to be the best. IME 30 g of dried shrooms could be reduced to 20 ml of thick goo. So 5 grams of dry become 3.3 ml of liquid extract. It is almost impossible to notice the taste in a glass of juice. I prefer honey tea with a dash of lemon. So fast, clean and powerful!
Just make sure you measure the extract volume correctly. I bought a graduated pipette for less than $10. It is accurate enough.
Do not seek the truth, just drop your opinions.