We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
How long does a dmt trip feel? Options

Sean959
#1 Posted : 7/4/2013 2:52:39 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I'm wondering how long does the average breakthrough trip, when smoked with "the machine" feel time wise?

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

adam
#2 Posted : 7/4/2013 3:03:53 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I have never used the machine, but I can say I have had the feeling of time stopping. As I got closer to this being time slowed down until it seemed to stop, my mind was still working but time was irrelevant somehow transcended. Just one of my experiences.

While using Aya ill look at a clock and it will seem that eternities pass before the second hand moves, and then when its over it feels like its been only minutes when in fact hours have passed.

Time dilation is a common experience for me and psychedelics and is difficult to explain.

shanedudddy2
#3 Posted : 7/4/2013 5:40:55 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I personally find vaped DMT smoked to alter the perception of time a bit, but nothing crazy like my experiences with say Ketamine or something (in which times slows by a near immeasurable quantity).
On aya, it feels more noticeable, the time dilation that is.

Global
#4 Posted : 7/4/2013 6:36:40 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Music, LSDMT, Egyptian Visions, DMT: Energetic/Holographic Phenomena, Integration, Trip Reports

It usually feels "too short". Breakthroughs can be a bit longer, but in general it usually seems to be over all too quickly.
"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind" - Albert Einstein

"The Mighty One appears, the horizon shines. Atum appears on the smell of his censing, the Sunshine- god has risen in the sky, the Mansion of the pyramidion is in joy and all its inmates are assembled, a voice calls out within the shrine, shouting reverberates around the Netherworld." - Egyptian Book of the Dead

"Man fears time, but time fears the Pyramids" - 9th century Arab proverb

pieCRUST
#5 Posted : 7/4/2013 6:39:39 AM

DMT-Nexus member

after only one trip i am no expert. i mixed it with weed and rolled it in a joint. Shared with a friend. didn't break all the way through. Bu shared consciousness. felt like 20-25 minutes actually around 5. i feel bad because this is probably irreverent, but may be of use in the future.

ewok
#6 Posted : 7/4/2013 7:51:59 AM

For me it still feels like 5 minutes in time has passed but with like 25 minutes plus of experiences/time crammed into those 5.
Black then white are all I see in my infancy.
Red and yellow then came to be,
reaching out to me, lets me see.
There is so much more and it beckons me to look though to these,
infinite possibilities.
As below so above and beyond I imagine,
drawn outside the lines of reason.
Push the envelope. Watch it bend.

3rdI
#7 Posted : 7/4/2013 9:21:10 AM

veni, vidi, spici

How long? this long

INHALE, SURVIVE, ADAPT

it's all in your mind, but what's your mind???

fool of the year

Shhh
#8 Posted : 7/4/2013 12:58:33 PM
DMT-Nexus member

As pieCRUST and ewok stated, a five minute experience feels like a twenty five minute experience, which still feels like a five minute experience, but with twenty five minutes of experience in it. Therefore, each of the five seemingly five minute spans, which are in fact each just a minute long, contains about five minutes of experience. So in twenty five five-minute minutes, you get about one hundred and twenty five minutes of experience, which is six hundred and twenty five minutes, or nearly ten and a half hours!

Gone-and-Back
#9 Posted : 7/4/2013 9:32:19 PM
DMT-Nexus member

3rdI wrote:
How long? this long

Perfect! That describes it better then words!

However, does not explain how long it actually feels like. To me time seems to stop. It feels like a lifetime has passed and its only been a few seconds. When its all over you look at a clock and think, Oh my god, its only been 20 minutes?!?!
Everything published by Gone-and-Back are the mad rantings and ravings of a mind who yearns to be free and thinks he knows what he is talking about. However, these are just delusions made to feel that freedom, because that freedom will never come. Any experiments done are purely figments of the imagination, and are falsified to the highest degree. Nothing should be taken seriously from a crazy mans mind.

spinCycle
#10 Posted : 7/5/2013 12:11:39 AM

Life is Art is Life

3rdI wrote:
How long? this long

I beg to differ. It lasts this long:

and not a moment more or less.
Images of broken light,
Which dance before me like a million eyes,
They call me on and on...

null24
#11 Posted : 7/5/2013 5:05:02 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

spinCycle wrote:
3rdI wrote:
How long? this long

Mods, I humbly suggest that this matter is resolved, and to lock this thread,,,Laughing
Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

3rdI
#12 Posted : 7/5/2013 8:26:46 AM

veni, vidi, spici

spinCycle wrote:
3rdI wrote:
How long? this long

fair enough, I stand corrected Laughing
INHALE, SURVIVE, ADAPT

it's all in your mind, but what's your mind???

fool of the year

cyb
#13 Posted : 7/5/2013 8:58:50 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Digi-Art, DTP, Optical tester, Mechanic, CarpenterSenior Member | Skills: Digi-Art, DTP, Optical tester, Mechanic, Carpenter

null24 wrote:
Mods, I humbly suggest that this matter is resolved, and to lock this thread,,,Laughing

Oh, I think 'knot'...the matter is somewhat 'open ended'...Very happy
Please do not PM tek related questions
Reserve the right to change your mind at any given moment.

Gone-and-Back
#14 Posted : 7/7/2013 1:19:10 AM
DMT-Nexus member

cyb wrote:
null24 wrote:

Oh, I think 'knot'...the matter is somewhat 'open ended'...Very happy

Oh the wonderful puns Laughing
Everything published by Gone-and-Back are the mad rantings and ravings of a mind who yearns to be free and thinks he knows what he is talking about. However, these are just delusions made to feel that freedom, because that freedom will never come. Any experiments done are purely figments of the imagination, and are falsified to the highest degree. Nothing should be taken seriously from a crazy mans mind.