We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
ZenPen vaporizer Options

Gone-and-Back
#1 Posted : 7/1/2013 4:01:28 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I have mentioned this vaporizer in the E-Cig as a launch pad thread, but no one seems to be interested in it really and more so interested in the E-Cig idea. So I thought I would start a new thread specifically for this vape.

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/the-zenpen.9952/ Introducing, The ZenPen! It is currently in the process of being constructed and patented. It is a vaporizing pen designed specifically for dry herbs. So my thought was this...

Make a good changa mix, and pack up the ZenPen for a breakthrough experience. It can hold approx. .2-.3g of dry herb material, which is more then enough for a breakthrough experience if made at a 1:1 ratio.

The pen has a temp range of 300-410F I believe, and the makers of the pen said they would be more then happy to accomodate a lower temperature for our vaping needs! All they asked was what temps we would need for this, and said they would do their best to accomodate those temps. It sounds like they are going to do it, especially if it means more customers for them.

The pen has a system in it that monitors the internal temp hundreds of times per second as well, and adjusts itself accordingly. There is a dial in the top of the pen to control the temp that it is set too as well.

I know everyone has been on the DMT in E-Cig craze recently, but are we all not just looking for a small portable vaporizer that doesnt look suspicious? If this is the case, then the ZenPen would be what we are all looking for!

What are the communities thoughts on this new breakthrough in pen vaporizers?
Everything published by Gone-and-Back are the mad rantings and ravings of a mind who yearns to be free and thinks he knows what he is talking about. However, these are just delusions made to feel that freedom, because that freedom will never come. Any experiments done are purely figments of the imagination, and are falsified to the highest degree. Nothing should be taken seriously from a crazy mans mind.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Gone-and-Back
#2 Posted : 7/2/2013 3:49:59 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Really? No one here at the Nexus has any input into this device?
Everything published by Gone-and-Back are the mad rantings and ravings of a mind who yearns to be free and thinks he knows what he is talking about. However, these are just delusions made to feel that freedom, because that freedom will never come. Any experiments done are purely figments of the imagination, and are falsified to the highest degree. Nothing should be taken seriously from a crazy mans mind.

Mitakuye Oyasin
#3 Posted : 7/2/2013 4:01:19 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Looks promising. Will it be able to handle cannabis concentrates or jut dry herb? I like the stealth aspect.
Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous.
โ€” Terence McKenna

All my posts are hypothetical and for educational/entertainment purposes, and are not an endorsement of said activities. SWIM (a fictional character based on other people) either obtained a license for said activity, did said activity where it is legal to do so, or as in most cases the activity is completely fictional.

Elpo
#4 Posted : 7/2/2013 7:58:36 AM

DMT-Nexus member

It looks cool. What is the price range?

Can you also use it to write? Big grin
"It permits you to see, more clearly than our perishing mortal eye can see, vistas beyond the horizons of this life, to travel backwards and forwards in time, to enter other planes of existence, even (as the Indians say) to know God." R. Gordon Wasson

Parshvik Chintan
#5 Posted : 7/3/2013 12:09:32 AM

DMT-Nexus member

some people say 60-80 degrees C.
some say 80-135
some say 160.

i would hazard a guess in the lower-middle range (60-100 C), but that is only my guess
My wind instrument is the bong
CHANGA IN THE BONGA!
ๆจน

Gone-and-Back
#6 Posted : 7/3/2013 1:49:08 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Elpo, They are doing a fund raising type of thing where if you donate $99 dollars to the producing of this product, they will send you a first gen when it is made. After that, I do not know what the price range will be. They want to keep it affordable though, especially since most vapes are rediculously expensive. Especially pen vapes.

Mitakuye, I believe they have an attachment in mind that will make it usable with concentrates. Do not quote me on this, you could read the FC thread in my original post. I believe I had read it in there, if I had actually read that correctly Laughing

Parshvik, what would be the temps in F for that? I believe they are making it in F not C.

Gone-and-Back
#7 Posted : 7/4/2013 12:00:45 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Parshvik, they said they would be happy to implement that low of a temp range to appeal to more customers. Sounds to me like its a go Very happy Maybe we shall have a very good, easily portable DMT vape in the near future!

Parshvik Chintan
#8 Posted : 7/4/2013 4:14:43 AM

DMT-Nexus member

60C = 140F
80C = 176F
100C = 212F (boiling point of water)
i wouldn't imagine you need to go higher than the boiling point of water (at least not for freebase - acetate may be a different story)
but again, i would really want to hear if someone more educated has a more precise estimate.

some kind of dial (akin to a fuel valve on a refillable lighter - that little bottom twisty thing) might be the way to go, so you can manually hone in on the best temperature. almost like an oven dial of sorts.

i must say, if they are willing to pander to our needs, they might find themselves a loyal group of customers (i am strongly considering, waiting to see how the product turns out)
CHANGA IN THE BONGA!
ๆจน

Gone-and-Back
#9 Posted : 7/4/2013 10:11:38 PM
DMT-Nexus member

That is why they are considering it, they want to do whatever is going to get them the most customers. That would for sure get them more customers, as this community would probably jump on that. They will keep my updated as to if they can do it or not, and I shall post something here whenever I hear more about this product.

As of now, they are still patenting it and getting the development under way. Also, it is controlled by a dial. The top of the pen where you would click to use a normal pen to write, opens up and has a dial on the inside. Clicking the top also is what turns it on I believe.

fastfred
#10 Posted : 7/6/2013 9:35:05 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I think either you or the ZenPen company are a bit behind the times. There are several dry herb and essential oil vaporizers out there.

Not sure I'd wait for ZenPen, especially if it's not going to have adjustable temp control.

-FF

Gone-and-Back
#11 Posted : 7/7/2013 12:12:49 AM
DMT-Nexus member

fastfred wrote:
I think either you or the ZenPen company are a bit behind the times. There are several dry herb and essential oil vaporizers out there.

Not sure I'd wait for ZenPen, especially if it's not going to have adjustable temp control.

-FF

You obviously are not reading this topic correctly. It WILL have adjustable temp control. The good thing about this vaporizer is that it will also be cheaper then most GOOD pen style vapes for dry herbs. Most of the ones out there that do not actually burn or combust your material are $300 or more. This will be around $100. There philosophy is to make a very good, dependable pen vape at a fraction of the cost of the current ones on the market.

Also, what other pen vapes have a temp control that goes low enough for DMT? These guys are more then happy to accomodate a low enough temp for Changa.

Parshvik Chintan
#12 Posted : 7/7/2013 4:32:08 AM

DMT-Nexus member

so i talked to benzyme in chat, and he was saying around 100-200 C is probably the range we are looking for.

so not as low as we previously thought

for the record 200 C = 392 F. so if they are doing it in F they could top it off at an even 200-400
CHANGA IN THE BONGA!
ๆจน

Mitakuye Oyasin
#13 Posted : 7/7/2013 4:49:10 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey Gone-and-Back, nice to know the people designing it are listening to your suggestions. I'd think other nexians would want to add their suggestions as well to create the best product possible. For me I's love it if they had an LCD readout of the temp and interface to increase and decrease temp easily. I don't think a dial is the best interface, but if they can use it along with a digital readout of the temperature I'd live with it. This might make it cost a bit more in the end, but will be a huge plus to the user. Also I use my vapes for thick oil/wax cannabis concentrates. It would be great to have removable chamber or bowl where you could easily swap out new bowls or chambers. The reason is most concentrate users I know like to run one strain during the day and other strain at night, so they keep multiple bowls or atomizers around each with their own strain and just switch them out as needed. This would be a great addition to this vape as well. I do like the dry herbs chamber as well, but I'd use a thick oil/wax atomizer or vaporizer more than I would dry herbs. The ability to add another chamber or atomizer and use this vape with DMT or Changa would be another huge benefit.

Hope some other Nexians have some suggestions for them as well.

Hope they appreciate the suggestions.

Thanks for being the middleman G-&-B.

Peace
Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous.
โ€” Terence McKenna

All my posts are hypothetical and for educational/entertainment purposes, and are not an endorsement of said activities. SWIM (a fictional character based on other people) either obtained a license for said activity, did said activity where it is legal to do so, or as in most cases the activity is completely fictional.

Gone-and-Back
#14 Posted : 7/7/2013 5:02:52 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Those are some great suggestions! I will be more then happy to relay that to the creators. Its nice to see some more people getting interested in this. I am more then happy to be the middle man in this, for someone has to relay these messages to get what we want! I shall let them know of these ideas, and I will update them on the temp needed.

Thanks for the ideas guys, I shall be checking back for more and to update on the pen.

Gone-and-Back
#15 Posted : 7/8/2013 11:00:59 PM
DMT-Nexus member

So they will have extra chambers that you can switch out. They said it would just be sold as an accessory. Thought youd like to know.