We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Most desired mutation on Earth?? + Pics Options

Cosmic Spore
#1 Posted : 6/22/2013 7:08:20 PM

☠ ⚡ ☣ ⚠ ☢

Anyone else got any nominees for the most desired mutation in the world?

[Nothing too fiction; pics welcome].

Assuming one could make a Cannabis plant be almost all bud, above the roots... This would be my nominee at this point. Assuming the bud quality, potency, and yield did not suffer (big assumption).

The following images are an attempt to show this 1 plant, and its 1 petiole that has a bud on it. I've never seen it before, on any Cannabis (have you seen it?); also no other Cannabis plant has this that I have yet seen... ever.

Female Killa-Watt.
Cosmic Spore attached the following image(s):
IMG_1665.JPG (2,749kb) downloaded 387 time(s).
IMG_1684.JPG (2,509kb) downloaded 380 time(s).
IMG_1689.JPG (2,463kb) downloaded 379 time(s).
IMG_1690.JPG (2,638kb) downloaded 378 time(s).
IMG_1670.JPG (2,849kb) downloaded 379 time(s).
IMG_1691.JPG (2,757kb) downloaded 374 time(s).
IMG_1692.JPG (2,565kb) downloaded 375 time(s).
IMG_1693.JPG (2,760kb) downloaded 373 time(s).
IMG_1694.JPG (2,684kb) downloaded 372 time(s).

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

pinkoyd
#2 Posted : 6/24/2013 3:30:36 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Extraordinary knowledgeSenior Member

[Edited for inappropriately silly content.]
I already asked Alice.

Mr.Peabody
#3 Posted : 6/24/2013 4:44:49 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I just got done looking at my plant, admiring my buds, and then you put me to shame with this....Embarrased

Is that type of little bud growing anywhere else on the plant? If not, it's probably a fluke. Is it a clone? My clone grew some fan leaves that partially split. Almost like conjoined twin leaves.

If that is happening any where else on the plant. YOU SEED THAT. Do it!

DO IT.Neutral
Be an adult only when necessary.

Cosmic Spore
#4 Posted : 6/24/2013 6:28:26 AM

☠ ⚡ ☣ ⚠ ☢

Thanks for the reply,

I'd love to be a wealthy person, and/or in a state that allows Cannabis cultivation.

I want to isolate that gene/gene combination. Cool

I haven't noticed that mutation going on anywhere except that 1 petiole. I checked that plant in other areas, and haven't seen it anywhere else on that plant; also looked at the other plants near it, and didn't notice it anywhere else.

The plant is seed grown, and is not the most heavy yielding plant in the room- all of which are seed grown feminized Killa-Watt, this time (sativa dominant).

I'm considering trying to re-vegetate this plant, and also clone it + try to do a seed run based on 2 clones of it... I'm assuming I can't find out the genetic code of the cells of interest at this point, and it would be a shame if this is not noticed by anyone interested.

It's just into week 8 of flowering; 1st indoor run of this strain... outdoors Killa-Watt was tentatively more potent and better tasting than my favorite strain "Armageddon" by Homegrown Fantaseeds [that was based on opinions of 2 connoisseurs testing 1 plant against 1 plant]. During that outdoor run, Killa-Watt also might would have yielded more, but some plants' buds "fizzled" and died at an immature stage (never had that issue before with indica dominant plants; it was assumed that the air was excessively dry for this strain).

Downside is, Killa-Watt is requiring much longer time period to bulk-up, ripen, and finish than the Armageddon indoors- which was perfectly satisfactory in potency, and taste.

I'd like to be able to personally genetically modify Cannabis. Drool

Any additional replies are welcome, as well as nominees for the most desired mutation.

SKA
#5 Posted : 6/24/2013 1:00:07 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Most desired mutation on earth you say?

Well Cannabis is very nice, but I would have to say a Mutated DMT-plant would be
much more desirable if you ask me.

Perhaps mutation can cause DMT production & content
of an easy to grow, sustainable DMT plants(Like Phalaris) to skyrocket to yield more usefull %ages.
Perhaps mutations can make plants/trees with known high DMT contents(Acacia Confusa,
Acacia Acuminata, A.Podalyrifolia) more winterhardy & capable of growing with less sunlight?

Perhaps mutation could make plants containing DMT and just traces of 5-MeO-DMT change their metabolism
to yield mostly 5-MeO-DMT? Perhaps the same could be done with Psilocybin mushrooms to boost their psilocyn
content or to produce mostly Baeocystine & Psilocybine instead? That would be interresting for sure.
Similairly interresting would be to grow Peyote & Trichocereus cacti exposed to constant Mutagenic influences.

But could it be done? One way would be Genetic Engineering, but that seems to be out of the scope for most
of us I'm guessing. Another way would be to expose psychedelic tryptamine containing plants & fungi to mutagenic
influences.

Gamma radiation can cause mutations. (prolonged exposure to)
X rays can cause mutations. (prolonged exposure to)
UV light can cause Mutations ( " "Pleased
(I heard that) Glow in the Dark-pigments give of tiny amounts of Radiation too.

Perhaps it would be interresting to take 1 specimen of tryptamine containing plants, of which you have several,
and grow it in a contained enviroment in which it is exposed to 1 or more of these mutagenic kinds of Radiation.
Then, when all specimens are full grown, try to observe any physical differences between the specimens grown under
"normal" conditions and the 1 specimen grown in the mutagenic chamber. If you have access to a GC-apparatus then you
can analyse them chemical content and determine if the specimen grown in the Mutagenic chamber has a different chemical content then the other specimens.

pinkoyd
#6 Posted : 6/24/2013 5:41:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Extraordinary knowledgeSenior Member

A friend and I are experimenting along those exact lines SKA. Colchicine is a mutatgenic agent that is used to (hopefully) alter the genetics of seeds. We have used it on a large batch of Psychotria alba seeds as a test run to see if it induces changes regarding growth rate, cold hardiness and alk production. This is in the early stages and is a preliminary for working with the plant we really want to do this with: P. viridis.

My vote for most desired mutant? Broccoli that produces MDMA!Very happy
I already asked Alice.

joedirt
#7 Posted : 6/24/2013 8:45:32 PM

Not I

I'd love to see Jade plants produce Mescaline!

Hell I'd take any rapidly growing succulent, but Jade's would be my preference.
If your religion, faith, devotion, or self proclaimed spirituality is not directly leading to an increase in kindness, empathy, compassion and tolerance for others then you have been misled.

Nathanial.Dread
#8 Posted : 6/24/2013 11:06:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

A plant that produces both DMT and some kind of R-MAOI.
You could just start popping leaves and go on an ayahuasca-like journey.

Some kind of psilocybin producing plant would also be fun.
"There are many paths up the same mountain."

Michal_R
#9 Posted : 6/24/2013 11:35:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

joedirt wrote:
I'd love to see Jade plants produce Mescaline...

Yeah! Or some mescaline pineaples please, if I may ask! Drool

Nathanial.Dread wrote:
A plant that produces both DMT and some kind of R-MAOI....

..., or an aya-orange! Drool

hypnotoad
#10 Posted : 10/7/2013 7:04:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi maybe someone could help me with SWIM's plant, its seeds swim got from a bag of some good pot. The plants are pretty old and never really looked after I kinda forgot about them and found them again.. The ones forming bud but its SO small.. Anyone know what's up? Genetic mutation? Autoflowering maybe (doubtful) ?
Maybe I'm just an idiot and nothings actually gonna happen but I'm pretty sure its gonna set bud soon?

Sorry for the bad quality pic camera's battery was flat
hypnotoad attached the following image(s):
IMG-20131006-00232.jpg (631kb) downloaded 189 time(s).
IMG-20131006-00232.jpg (631kb) downloaded 182 time(s).
IMG-20131006-00232.jpg (631kb) downloaded 180 time(s).
Explore the limits of the mind...

jamie
#11 Posted : 10/7/2013 7:45:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

too little light is what is wrong from that pic. Yes that plant is going into flower. You might get a joint.
Long live the unwoke.

Infundibulum
#12 Posted : 10/7/2013 9:03:11 PM

Kalt und Heiß, Schwarz und Rot, Kürper und Geist, Liebe und Chaos

ModeratorChemical expert

Cosmic Spore wrote:
Thanks for the reply,

I'd love to be a wealthy person, and/or in a state that allows Cannabis cultivation.

I want to isolate that gene/gene combination. Cool

I haven't noticed that mutation going on anywhere except that 1 petiole. I checked that plant in other areas, and haven't seen it anywhere else on that plant; also looked at the other plants near it, and didn't notice it anywhere else.

The plant is seed grown, and is not the most heavy yielding plant in the room- all of which are seed grown feminized Killa-Watt, this time (sativa dominant).

I'm considering trying to re-vegetate this plant, and also clone it + try to do a seed run based on 2 clones of it... I'm assuming I can't find out the genetic code of the cells of interest at this point, and it would be a shame if this is not noticed by anyone interested.

It's just into week 8 of flowering; 1st indoor run of this strain... outdoors Killa-Watt was tentatively more potent and better tasting than my favorite strain "Armageddon" by Homegrown Fantaseeds [that was based on opinions of 2 connoisseurs testing 1 plant against 1 plant]. During that outdoor run, Killa-Watt also might would have yielded more, but some plants' buds "fizzled" and died at an immature stage (never had that issue before with indica dominant plants; it was assumed that the air was excessively dry for this strain).

Downside is, Killa-Watt is requiring much longer time period to bulk-up, ripen, and finish than the Armageddon indoors- which was perfectly satisfactory in potency, and taste.

I'd like to be able to personally genetically modify Cannabis. Drool

Any additional replies are welcome, as well as nominees for the most desired mutation.

Hard to say whether this is a mutation or not - it could very well be a couple of meristem cells that got misplaced during leaf / meristem speciations. Very interesting nevertheless!

If it were a mutation and you wanted to identify /isolate it ...well you of probably know that this would be just too much hard work even for those who have access to the appropriate facilities and knowledge... and this is really not the most amazing mutation I can think about so I wouldn't invest too much time. It is definitely worth re-vegitating and see if you can get this thing repeated on this very plant.

If I were going for cannabis mutations I'd go for homeotic mutations, maybe MADS-box mutations? Think of e.g. mutations that confer cauliflowery making millions of flowers.

Need to calculate between salts and freebases? Click here!
Need to calculate freebase or salt percentage at a given pH? Click here!

changalvia
#13 Posted : 10/7/2013 9:08:18 PM

eat your jungle oats

jamie wrote:
Yes that plant is going into flower. You might get a joint.

hahaha a joint nonetheless Very happy cute plant
With every great plan comes the pleasure of patience. Take a rest, and grab a suckle off the teat of life!

hypnotoad
#14 Posted : 10/9/2013 6:41:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Better than nothing haha! Thanks Jamie
Explore the limits of the mind...