We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV1234NEXT
The NSA snoops your email, phonecalls, chats etc. PRISM - XKeyscore Options

Parshvik Chintan
#21 Posted : 6/22/2013 5:40:57 AM

DMT-Nexus member

imo don't fool yourselves with illusions of privacy.

hope only to drown in a sea of nymity (stay small, fish).

not many people are interested in hippies and their gardens.
My wind instrument is the bong
CHANGA IN THE BONGA!

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

leon
#22 Posted : 6/22/2013 8:29:05 AM
aimsiú fhírinne

Parshvik Chintan wrote:
imo don't fool yourselves with illusions of privacy.

hope only to drown in a sea of nymity (stay small, fish).

not many people are interested in hippies and their gardens.

Some of the best advice you can give. If the US government wants you, they will get you. Stay small and do things that don't hurt hurt anyone.

AluminumFoilRobots
#23 Posted : 6/22/2013 4:10:28 PM

gufyg

(I tried to cover the words that may pop up on 3ch3L0n sorry if it looks silly! call me paranoid...)

Hm, so if tor is useless and the only way to stay undetected is to keep your head down... I think we can assume that the internet is not a safe place. Like parshvik said, the state isn't really that interested in our grey-area gardens (unless it moved up to grey-area nursery status - and I really don't think they are so worried about people extracting DMT for personal use... not to say that you CAN'T be busted obviously. It's just that, historically, white kids using psychedelics haven't actually led to anything that scares the state/capital. Before anyone points out the 60"s, it WASN'T leary and kesey that they were freaking about... it was the VC, M@lcolm, and the pan7hers, it was the movement they represented. They were singing the anthem of white power imp3ri@li$m's demise. Whereas LSD never actually challenged any status quo, except on a personal level. The psychedelic use of that era was in many ways separate from the organized opposition to capital that was going on around the world. Sure, chemists get arrested and they don't LIKE people taking these eye-opening things - but it doesn't scare them like political opposition. I think they would RATHER have a group of tripped out folks than a gaggle of milit@nts ya dig?

All I'm really trying to say is that I don't think the nexus has anything to worry about, really, unless people start (stupidly) talking lots of "discouraged" politics on here. Which I think everyone should keep to themselves on the public boards, for the reasons that the security isn't the best.

A somewhat sad side note is this: since the tide of r3volu7i0n is being constantly swept back by the gargantuan broom of oppression (just made that up lol), so many opposition groups have large amounts of organizational, ideological, and sometimes personal information on unprotected servers - completely out in the open. Some groups don't care, but I think this could be a HUGE downfall for them - ESPECIALLY those organizing via facebook...

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

Fairly responsible Kratom user.

"whenever he drank ayahuasca, he had such beautiful visions that he used to put his hands over his eyes for fear somebody might steal them."
in between the grinding-brakes of a train crash while aluminum-foil robots make obnoxious sex noises on a static-filled walkie-talkie radio.

D2430
#24 Posted : 6/22/2013 10:18:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Whilst keeping lo-pro is a wonderful idea, it does become more and more challenging as the decades pass and interactions beycome more filtered towards electronic communications. I guess the growth of this communit is testamount to that fact.

The intrusion is awful and people are rightly paranoid, however please conider the sheer amount of Data that is now being stored. It would still take an amount of direct action to access information about a specific event, person or item. You'd have to be sticking your hand in the air, and shouting pretty damn loud "LOOK AT ME, LOOK AT ME".

If you are going to use Tor, thats great but try PGP Encryption also. Relatively easy to use once you've got your head around it. But be under no illusion, if they want information, there are more direct routes that pulling emails or SMS.

When you shut down, pull the plug.Thumbs up
Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes.” : Steve Winterburn

The Day Tripper
#25 Posted : 6/23/2013 11:38:55 PM

Rennasauce Man

Location: A Pale Blue Dot orbiting a GV2 Yellow Dwarf fusion powered Luminous Ball of Plasma at 30km/s
You can have anonymity to a degree by using a vpn, of which the provider is in a country where the legislation regarding customer privacy is well, rational, and you trust them. IE don't use hide my ass.

The think about VPN's, is that they're so widely used in the business world, they don't arouse much suspicion. I use a private paid vpn mainly to tunnel my bittorrent traffic through, since my ip isn't so kosher about that. Also helps keep me out of the barrel of fish the RIAA shoots into when it comes time to make an example of another BT user. All they see is a ssl tunnel to the VPN's IP and there's so many streams incoming/outgoing to that ip, it gives you some cover.

All the while, you look like an average business person connecting to his office server, rather than tor, which is pretty obviously designed for anonymity to circumvent the law (whether or not that law is rational or not).

Just read the T&C of your VPN provider, understand its far from bulletproof, and be damn sure they're based in a country that doesn't have the same eavesdropping laws the US does.

But at the end of the day, they have your name, and CC # with a good paid VPN service, so yo have to trust your provider to not bend over every time the feds come a knockin. Like what was said about hidemyass vpn service. Theres some northwestern European nations that have some decent privacy legislation on the books.

But if your a target, in all likely hood they don't need to get your info/cooperation from the vpn provider. They'll just put spyware/malware/a trojan on your os and get all the info they need. Why a good sterile, encrypted, live os is a good combo with a vpn to not attract attention to yourself, but retain some of your anonymity. At least it stops the targeted advertising ime, and offers a way around BT throttling/blocking based on your isp's policy's.

If you tunnel BT through a VPN, your isp won't know shit about what kind of traffic/packets are contained within that encrypted data stream. And won't screw with it either, since they probably assume your a business user, and they don't want to piss off legitimate customers.
"let those who have talked to the elves, find each other and band together" -TMK

In a society in which nearly everybody is dominated by somebody else's mind or by a disembodied mind, it becomes increasingly difficult to learn the truth about the activities of governments and corporations, about the quality or value of products, or about the health of one's own place and economy.
In such a society, also, our private economies will depend less upon the private ownership of real, usable property, and more upon property that is institutional and abstract, beyond individual control, such as money, insurance policies, certificates of deposit, stocks, etc. And as our private economies become more abstract, the mutual, free helps and pleasures of family and community life will be supplanted by a kind of displaced citizenship and by commerce with impersonal and self-interested suppliers...
The great enemy of freedom is the alignment of political power with wealth. This alignment destroys the commonwealth - that is, the natural wealth of localities and the local economies of household, neighborhood, and community - and so destroys democracy, of which the commonwealth is the foundation and practical means.” - Wendell Berry

Hyperspace Fool
#26 Posted : 6/24/2013 10:45:48 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Pandora wrote:
Surprise! I was wrong all along! You all are NOT paranoid!
See!? Heheheeheh.
Don't worry Pan, we can have you fitted for a tinfoil hat in no time.
Just ignore the people talking on your radio receiving fillings....

Parshvik Chintan wrote:
The Day Tripper wrote:
But you know, terrorists, and stuff.

because the children.
don't you see?
think of the little children.

do you want them ruthlessly murdered?
no?
well then let us fight terror.

after we defeat terror we will begin the war on jealousy and the war on greed.
(even though we can't win the war on drugs)

For the damn kids...

That tireless refrain of bullshit. If you wanna protect the kids, illegalize gasoline, don't give them cell phones, and never let them be altar boys. And even more to the point, f*ck the kids... they have youth and some serious healing factors on their side. Protect the elderly, perhaps... but from a world without good drugs.

Seriously though, this revelation is not surprising to anyone who has been paying attention. My main concern is that they don't turn all this surveillance BS into a dragnet for drug law breakers... Gestapo at your door because you skyped about taking some acid or whatever? No thanks. I suppose I would have to move to somewhere more progressive, like the dark side of the moon.
"Curiouser and curiouser..." ~ Alice

"Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it. Do not believe in anything simply because it is spoken and rumored by many. Do not believe in anything simply because it is found written in your religious books. Do not believe in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders. Do not believe in traditions because they have been handed down for many generations. But after observation and analysis, when you find that anything agrees with reason and is conducive to the good and benefit of one and all, then accept it and live up to it." ~ Buddha

hug46
#27 Posted : 6/24/2013 12:11:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I agree with what everyone says here. I don"t really want someone earwigging my communictions be they dodgy or not. To be quite honest i think it is very nosy.

I am a complete luddite and quite new to IT. I find it to be a double edged sword and have almost gone completely organic with my sensitive information. It is mostly discussed face to face with real live people. Sometimes i cover my mouth with my hand while talking (i learnt this trick while watching the Sopranos - (poor James Gandolfini).

If i need to discuss personal activities on the phone i use a selection of evolving codes that i have developed over the years derived from an algorithm based on the ph value of various citrus fruits. Also, when speaking on the phone, i sometimes play my music very loudly in the background. If the person i am having the converstion with me cannot understand what i am saying on account of the noise, then a third party will definitely be confused.

I try not to post online any information that i wish to keep secret about myself and i advise anyone who uses the web to post as much nonsense as possible in order to defeat these vampiric info-mongers with a smokescreen of buffonery. No-one ever takes very much notice of idiots. Which is how Western consumerism may possibly triumph over it"s opposition. Not with military intervention but by promoting a culture of vacuous inanity which some people find initially appealing on a superficial level. All they have to do is get a foot in the door then bang before you can say Jack Robinson you have Macky Ds springing up and Justin bieber haircuts on the local youth.

If the powers that be want to look at my emails discussing lingerie models with my friends then then i guess i have to lump it but they will never find out about my clandestine lifestyle, and if they do they"ll never take me alive.

nexalizer
#28 Posted : 6/27/2013 1:09:12 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Pandora wrote:
Surprise! I was wrong all along! You all are NOT paranoid!

seriously?

it's been obvious for years.....
This is the time to really find out who you are and enjoy every moment you have. Take advantage of it.

some one
#29 Posted : 6/28/2013 5:33:55 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I have this new perspective on the whole security situation, which might sound weird, but I'm interested in your guys thoughts:

Ever heard of cointel-pro? It's a tactic used by the established powers to infiltrate groups considered risky of growing too influential and powerful. (That's a fact, not a conspiracy theory). The best (most known) example is FBI doing this to the Black Panthers back in the days. See wikipedia and google for more info. One of the tactics is to infiltrate and provoke the group to act aggressively by pushing for radicalism. That might sound counter productive. Shouldn't the government try to stop the group instead of pushing them forwards? But it's actually a very efficient way to eliminating the group to reach its original goal.

The radical path the group is forced into will not resonate well with public opinion, resulting in a negative image and loss of trust. The group is the aggressor. People turn against it, disabling it to grow in influence. Eventually making it fall apart. All of this wouldn't have happened if the group stayed within the limits of what is socially acceptable.

Now that's cruel evil stuff to think about. But I wonder though.. Can't this tactic be used the other way around? Can the established powers be provoked to acting very aggressively, leading to their down fall as well? Due to a loss in public support and trust from the masses, resulting in a demand for a change /revolution? Could that be done?

In the case of cyber security.. Everone probably knows or at least suspects that governments monitor Internet traffic. The common responds is: I don't care, as I have nothing to hide. By stepping up the surveillance in incremental steps, no one notices how we are being watched closer and closer as time goes by (google: the boiling frog anecdote).

People are taught in school how messed up it was to live in eastern Europe during the cold war days, under total surveillance of the government. And no one wishes to live in such circumstances if given a choice. But most people fail to see that if the current trend continues, our children (yes, it IS about the children, lol) will be living in the same sort of situation unless something changes.

So what can we do? It seems that what the government is doing now a days is not fully accepted by the public (hence the amount of momentum arisen from our beloved whistle blower), but the actions are still tolerated enough to not cause a public outrage. If we all start "flying under the radar"; "trying to not arouse attention"; "keeping it cool"; etc.. What will happen is that there will never be a public outrage and the goal of total surveillance through incremental steps will continue..

What if instead, we continue playing the cat and mouse game? What if we ante up the game, making it harder to track all traffic? Aiming for a wider spread of Tor, proxies, VPN's, encryption, etc.. on a normal daily bases by the masses. Re-thinking up new inventive ways when old ones don't work well enough anymore. Making it harder and harder for the government to track it's citizens. Provoking the government to take more radical steps trying to keep up.

What if the next line of wistle blowers show these drastic steps the government takes to spy on its citizens to the public? To the point where the actions taken by the government will not be tolerated anymore and public opinion (which now is: I don't care, I have nothing to hide) will turn against them?

What if?
some = one | here = some | there = one

The Day Tripper
#30 Posted : 6/28/2013 11:15:58 AM

Rennasauce Man

Location: A Pale Blue Dot orbiting a GV2 Yellow Dwarf fusion powered Luminous Ball of Plasma at 30km/s
I just made a post on another forum discussing a simple ptsn pass through box that would make it much harder for someone to dragnet your phone data, be it content or metadata.

Perhaps if you got enough people on board to encrypt their communications as a rule of thumb, it might just rub the intelligence agencies the wrong way. All while being a completely legal form of activism. If i have nothing to hide, and we all for the most part don't either, then the nsa shoudn't get their panties in a bundle if everyone started using encryption on networks that were set up for complete wiretapping abilities long ago, am i right? Laughing

But now y'all probably think i'm a g-man on a cointelpro op to stroke up public outcry against the feds. Like the worms they put in occupy WS crowds to make them appear like a joke, or violent, or like a bunch of idiots (UC g-men can play stupid for the cameras), no?

"let those who have talked to the elves, find each other and band together" -TMK

In a society in which nearly everybody is dominated by somebody else's mind or by a disembodied mind, it becomes increasingly difficult to learn the truth about the activities of governments and corporations, about the quality or value of products, or about the health of one's own place and economy.
In such a society, also, our private economies will depend less upon the private ownership of real, usable property, and more upon property that is institutional and abstract, beyond individual control, such as money, insurance policies, certificates of deposit, stocks, etc. And as our private economies become more abstract, the mutual, free helps and pleasures of family and community life will be supplanted by a kind of displaced citizenship and by commerce with impersonal and self-interested suppliers...
The great enemy of freedom is the alignment of political power with wealth. This alignment destroys the commonwealth - that is, the natural wealth of localities and the local economies of household, neighborhood, and community - and so destroys democracy, of which the commonwealth is the foundation and practical means.” - Wendell Berry

Cosmic Spore
#31 Posted : 6/28/2013 2:57:54 PM

☠ ⚡ ☣ ⚠ ☢

some one wrote:

Ever heard of cointel-pro?

Cointelpro 101 is a documentary that I have watched multiple times.

I believe that kind of stuff is still going on, and has never stopped.

I am of the opinion that the PRISM program and other similar programs, the War-on-Terror, and War-on-Drugs... are likely all extensions of Cointelpro, and all this info will be used against minorities, progressives, and increasingly- upset poor people of all kinds.

Say/do something that could bring about positive change, and risk getting yourself targeted.

Anyone who thinks they have nothing to hide, or worry about is wrong
; everyone breaks the law in some way- mostly peacefully (drugs, prostitutes, etc).

The argument has been made that the intelligence people don't care about hippies and their gardens... I disagree... anyone who is a "Key Agitator" for civil rights could be targeted with, incarceration, blackmail, or death. This means that if a reasonably popular person starts demanding their rights, they will be punished severely (even if peaceful).

Anything done that is a crime, or highly embarrassing, etc. can be utilized either in a public way, or a private way to silence people who demand civil rights, justice, or fairness.

Anyone who has not seen Cointelpro 101, do so, it's very relevant to this topic; I sometimes make DVD copies just to give away.

The Day Tripper
#32 Posted : 6/28/2013 8:42:20 PM

Rennasauce Man

Cosmic Spore wrote:
some one wrote:

Ever heard of cointel-pro?

Cointelpro 101 is a documentary that I have watched multiple times.

I believe that kind of stuff is still going on, and has never stopped.

I am of the opinion that the PRISM program and other similar programs, the War-on-Terror, and War-on-Drugs... are likely all extensions of Cointelpro, and all this info will be used against minorities, progressives, and increasingly- upset poor people of all kinds.

Say/do something that could bring about positive change, and risk getting yourself targeted.

Anyone who thinks they have nothing to hide, or worry about is wrong
; everyone breaks the law in some way- mostly peacefully (drugs, prostitutes, etc).

The argument has been made that the intelligence people don't care about hippies and their gardens... I disagree... anyone who is a "Key Agitator" for civil rights could be targeted with, incarceration, blackmail, or death. This means that if a reasonably popular person starts demanding their rights, they will be punished severely (even if peaceful).

Anything done that is a crime, or highly embarrassing, etc. can be utilized either in a public way, or a private way to silence people who demand civil rights, justice, or fairness.

Anyone who has not seen Cointelpro 101, do so, it's very relevant to this topic; I sometimes make DVD copies just to give away.

Well, yes. Whistleblowers and agitators will be made into martyrs.

But, the point of their activism is to get the public informed and THINKING about how their governemnt is screwing them over, and how their is no longer a universal rule of law.

The only way to change policy is to change peoples minds. Were at war, not one of weapons, but one of minds/information. I don't think anyone who thinks something needs to be said/brought to light should be afraid of the blow-back, if they are doing so with a noble intent to bring about positive change.

If that means getting thrown in a military prison for the rest of your life, having an "accident" where the circumstances don't rule out covert political repression, or whatever violent tactics the gov uses, I'm down.

I won't stoop to their level and use violence, but if were in a non-violent war for the mind, the last frontier of freedom, then I'll go in the trenches. I know the consequences, and people should not be afraid of trying to fix a corrupt/illegitimate government. All it takes is enough people, once you reach a critical mass, they can't assassinate/silence/torture/imprison/threaten the will out of an entire population.

I never have, and never will, be afraid or censor myself against speaking out about these problems. Even if that leads to severe consequences. In the end, the good guys always win.

If you've seen the movie Ghandi, the scene where the british army mows down a stadium full of non-violent protesters, and how they basically signed their own death certificate by doing so, they'll trip up and do something extreme that will turn the populace against them.

Thats when you no longer have to fear, since they won't be able to do crap like that to close to 300 million people in the streets demanding a new government.

Hieronymous
#33 Posted : 6/30/2013 7:49:44 AM

DMT-Nexus member

They say that Snowden talked because he knew the NSA was going to be taking delivery of their own 512 qubit D-wave systems.

Once they are online (NSA D-wave networks) and fully functional humans will be cut out of the surveillance loop to a large extent and no feeble human attempt to circumvent the surveillance will work for more than a few minutes - if you are lucky.

Google already has their own D-wave systems and we know they can't be trusted after the street view vans were found to be stealing wi-fi data and passwords etc. Feds can get court orders to access google databases if needed without too much trouble.

It getting like the Terminator - Skynet is about to become self aware. Twisted Evil

dreamer042
#34 Posted : 6/30/2013 8:15:47 AM

Dreamoar

Moderator | Skills: Mostly harmless

dreamoar042 wrote:
If the NSA is gonna read all my status updates on facebook, the least they could do is like my posts.

PRISM likes this Thumbs up
Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

Visual diagram for the administration of dimethyltryptamine

Visual diagram for the administration of ayahuasca

The Day Tripper
#35 Posted : 6/30/2013 1:35:34 PM

Rennasauce Man

Hieronymous wrote:
They say that Snowden talked because he knew the NSA was going to be taking delivery of their own 512 qubit D-wave systems.

Once they are online (NSA D-wave networks) and fully functional humans will be cut out of the surveillance loop to a large extent and no feeble human attempt to circumvent the surveillance will work for more than a few minutes - if you are lucky.

Google already has their own D-wave systems and we know they can't be trusted after the street view vans were found to be stealing wi-fi data and passwords etc. Feds can get court orders to access google databases if needed without too much trouble.

It getting like the Terminator - Skynet is about to become self aware. Twisted Evil

Well, if it gets to that point, i think a few well placed low KT yeild, low fallout, emp nukes could take care of any sentient computer system thats escaped human control. By the feds of course, don't miscronstrew my statement as a threat of nuclear terrorism U. Sam. Just giving you guys some tips if the t2 and drones get whacky n stuff Laughing

oldsoul
#36 Posted : 6/30/2013 8:19:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

This is what we need, scripts to add keyword-laden auto-signatures to all our communications. Gum up the system with enough BS to make their tools useless!!

http://nsa.motherboard.tv/
oldsoul attached the following image(s):
Untitled.png (254kb) downloaded 239 time(s).

One epiphany short of a paradigm shift

jamie
#37 Posted : 6/30/2013 8:49:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

just another link in the babylonian transhumanist illuminati agenda.
Long live the unwoke.

Ufostrahlen
#38 Posted : 6/30/2013 8:55:58 PM

xͭ͆͝͏̮͔̜t̟̬̦̣̟͉͈̞̝ͣͫ͞,̡̼̭̘̙̜ͧ̆̀̔ͮ́ͯͯt̢̘̬͓͕̬́ͪ̽́s̢̜̠̬̘͖̠͕ͫ͗̾͋͒̃͛̚͞ͅ

jamie wrote:
just another link in the babylonian transhumanist illuminati agenda.

Care to elaborate?
Internet Security: PsilocybeChild's Internet Security Walk-Through(1)(2)(3)(4)(5)(6)(7)(8)
Search the Nexus with disconnect.me (anonymous Google search) by adding "site:dmt-nexus.me" (w/o the ") to your search.

Doodazzle
#39 Posted : 6/30/2013 10:19:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

My take on the transhumanist agenda, at the moment....

Bad people, doing bad things. Bad of course is a value judgment. But I like living, healthy things, so when something kills of the stuff I like and replaces it with plastic garbage, I call it bad. There is really no way to discuss current events without getting into CT....I'm a good orderly one myself, so I won't get into it.

The term conspiracy theory was coined by Richard Nixon, in response to conspiracy allegations made against his person. Those allegations proved true. So did the CT that this thread is about.

I have read that perhaps 1% of the population, or more, lacks empathy. Sociopath type stuff. These "people" love power. Probably they work at the behest of bad entities.

"Whoever undertakes to set himself up as a judge of Truth and Knowledge is shipwrecked by the laughter of the gods." Albert Einstein

I appreciate your perspective.

Ufostrahlen
#40 Posted : 7/20/2013 3:04:59 PM

xͭ͆͝͏̮͔̜t̟̬̦̣̟͉͈̞̝ͣͫ͞,̡̼̭̘̙̜ͧ̆̀̔ͮ́ͯͯt̢̘̬͓͕̬́ͪ̽́s̢̜̠̬̘͖̠͕ͫ͗̾͋͒̃͛̚͞ͅ

bump Big grin
Internet Security: PsilocybeChild's Internet Security Walk-Through(1)(2)(3)(4)(5)(6)(7)(8)
Search the Nexus with disconnect.me (anonymous Google search) by adding "site:dmt-nexus.me" (w/o the ") to your search.

PREV1234NEXT