We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
123NEXT»
The NSA snoops your email, phonecalls, chats etc. PRISM - XKeyscore Options

Ufostrahlen
#1 Posted : 6/20/2013 8:54:47 PM

xͭ͆͝͏̮͔̜t̟̬̦̣̟͉͈̞̝ͣͫ͞,̡̼̭̘̙̜ͧ̆̀̔ͮ́ͯͯt̢̘̬͓͕̬́ͪ̽́s̢̜̠̬̘͖̠͕ͫ͗̾͋͒̃͛̚͞ͅ

Found this today:

http://prism-break.org/

Surf save!
Internet Security: PsilocybeChild's Internet Security Walk-Through(1)(2)(3)(4)(5)(6)(7)(8)
Search the Nexus with disconnect.me (anonymous Google search) by adding "site:dmt-nexus.me" (w/o the ") to your search.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

universecannon
#2 Posted : 6/20/2013 9:06:55 PM

Moderator | Skills: harmalas, melatonin, trip advice, lucid dreaming

Interview with Ed Snowden. The (former) NSA analyst in Hawaii who leaked the NSA's PRISM documents

The mainstream news is mostly trying to make him out to be a traitor, of course Razz

Dick Cheney called him a traitor as well, to which Ed replied that its the highest honor he could achieve to be called a traitor by Cheney Laughing

<Ringworm>hehehe, it's all fun and games till someone loses an "I"

joedirt
#3 Posted : 6/20/2013 9:13:54 PM

Not I

universecannon wrote:
Dick Cheney called him a traitor as well, to which Ed replied that its the highest honor he could achieve to be called a traitor by Cheney Laughing

There is literally no better response he could have come up with! HA

If your religion, faith, devotion, or self proclaimed spirituality is not directly leading to an increase in kindness, empathy, compassion and tolerance for others then you have been misled.

obliguhl
#4 Posted : 6/20/2013 9:20:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I loved the reaction of the german government. The minister of the interior said "We should spend 100 Million more on surveillance! We should be allowed to monitor up to 20 % of all communications leaving the country!" Razz

Email monitoring? They already do that extensively. They also do not feel the need to hide it.

a1pha
#5 Posted : 6/20/2013 10:20:07 PM

Moderator | Skills: Master hacker!

universecannon wrote:
The mainstream news is mostly trying to make him out to be a traitor, of course Razz

I don't know which mainstream media you consume but the sources I read praise him overwhelmingly as a hero.

However, focusing on Snowden is exactly what he asked us not to do. He asked us to focus on PRISM.

A few casts for anyone interested in this:

Security Now 408: The State of Surveillance
Snowden is Snowed Under | Unfilter 55
The NSA PRISM | Unfilter 54
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored." -A.Huxley

universecannon
#6 Posted : 6/20/2013 10:24:17 PM

I don't consume mainstream media. But suddenly finding myself in the presence of family that does, it was pretty obvious after watching some of the main TV channels coverage that they are indeed NOT "praising him overwhelmingly as a hero" whatsoever, at least from what i saw

Good point on not focusing on snowden. But with that said, it is a video worth watching

thanks for the links

InMotion
#7 Posted : 6/20/2013 10:40:21 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: 3D programming, Mathematician (if you need help with algebra to differential equations I'm available), SKilled Engineer

My dad watches fox news and he even thought highly of the guy. He still doesn't like Julian Asangage(spelling?) though lol.

As much as this is upsetting I thought this was already common knowledge.

Pandora
#8 Posted : 6/20/2013 10:53:57 PM

Got Naloxone?

Welcoming committeeSenior Member

Surprise! I was wrong all along! You all are NOT paranoid!
"But even if nothing lasts and everything is lost, there is still the intrinsic value of the moment. The present moment, ultimately, is more than enough, a gift of grace and unfathomable value, which our friend and lover death paints in stark relief."
-Rick Doblin, Ph.D. MAPS President, MAPS Bulletin Vol. XX, No. 1, pg. 2

Hyperspace LOVES YOU

Parshvik Chintan
#9 Posted : 6/20/2013 11:06:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Pandora wrote:
Surprise! I was wrong all along! You all are NOT paranoid!

that is supposed to be a surprise?

the only thing that surprised me is how shocked everyone is by this "revelation"

especially when this was already discussed 7 years ago
My wind instrument is the bong
CHANGA IN THE BONGA!

universecannon
#10 Posted : 6/21/2013 3:42:12 AM

Yeah...it really would have been even more surprising if they didn't do this, lol

The Day Tripper
#11 Posted : 6/21/2013 2:23:29 PM

Rennasauce Man

Location: A Pale Blue Dot orbiting a GV2 Yellow Dwarf fusion powered Luminous Ball of Plasma at 30km/s
I like how everyone is making a big deal about this now, but back when we found out about room 641a, and other "legal" (clandestine, with a rubber fisa stamp imho) fiber splitters/internet backbone taps, no one gave a shit.

I mean, really?

The intelligence agencies in this country, have more power at their fingertips, than, imho, the executive, judicial, or legislative branches of gov. They are above the law, can spy on anyone without warrant/consent, have and continue to break the law to run clandestine operations to get funding (contras/ricky ross/cocaine smuggling in the 1980's), and nothing has been done about it.

You'd have to be a naive fool to think you have privacy from those agencies given their track records, and if your surprised by the phone record warrant-less surveillance, well, i wouldn't recommend researching all the other ways they are breaking the law and watching you, unless your incredibly resilient to depressing things/news.

And just for the record, i'd like to point out, that decades of bipartisan executives/cabinets have been leaking classified information to their political gain. None of them were strung up in irons and threatened with decades of federal prison time. None of them were threatened with punishments so severe they thought it necessary to commit suicide.

The rule of law, operates on a sliding scale of wealth/political power. The constitution stopped being a binding legal document for the feds a LONG time ago.

But you know, terrorists, and stuff. We need the feds to shred what remains of our rights to protect us from terrorists. Terrorist, its like the new "Juden" for the fascist country of the 21st century.

Always a scapegoat to rationalize all this bullshit.

Democracy my ass. We live under fascism here in America, and have for a LONG time.

Mass Surveillance In the United States

"let those who have talked to the elves, find each other and band together" -TMK

In a society in which nearly everybody is dominated by somebody else's mind or by a disembodied mind, it becomes increasingly difficult to learn the truth about the activities of governments and corporations, about the quality or value of products, or about the health of one's own place and economy.
In such a society, also, our private economies will depend less upon the private ownership of real, usable property, and more upon property that is institutional and abstract, beyond individual control, such as money, insurance policies, certificates of deposit, stocks, etc. And as our private economies become more abstract, the mutual, free helps and pleasures of family and community life will be supplanted by a kind of displaced citizenship and by commerce with impersonal and self-interested suppliers...
The great enemy of freedom is the alignment of political power with wealth. This alignment destroys the commonwealth - that is, the natural wealth of localities and the local economies of household, neighborhood, and community - and so destroys democracy, of which the commonwealth is the foundation and practical means.” - Wendell Berry

Parshvik Chintan
#12 Posted : 6/21/2013 7:50:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The Day Tripper wrote:
But you know, terrorists, and stuff.

because the children.
don't you see?
think of the little children.

do you want them ruthlessly murdered?
no?
well then let us fight terror.

after we defeat terror we will begin the war on jealousy and the war on greed.
(even though we can't win the war on drugs)
My wind instrument is the bong
CHANGA IN THE BONGA!

anonenium
#13 Posted : 6/21/2013 8:33:15 PM
DMT-Nexus member

i have in private implored about this more than once but here i go again.

everything said on here is archived off site, with a few scripts in the right place you could get the mod or admin overview of this place.

we need to have a hidden access points for this website, hopefully among them is a node inside the tor network that will allow us who already are using tor to not use an exit relay to get into this site.

it would be a fairly simple matter to do and i implore everyone here to please raise this question with trav when you see him.

thank you.

a1pha
#14 Posted : 6/21/2013 9:01:11 PM

anonenium wrote:
we need to have a hidden access points for this website, hopefully among them is a node inside the tor network that will allow us who already are using tor to not use an exit relay to get into this site.

it would be a fairly simple matter to do and i implore everyone here to please raise this question with trav when you see him.

Maybe you missed my other post. I will copy it here for posterity.

a1pha wrote:
a1pha wrote:
dreamer042 wrote:
Am I just being ignorant, or are others being overly paranoid?

Guess who the target is on these days: users of anon networks.

Interesting development:

Use of Tor and e-mail crypto could increase chances that NSA keeps your data

Quote:
While the documents make clear that data collection and interception must cease immediately once it's determined a target is within the US, they still provide analysts with a fair amount of leeway. And that leeway seems to work to the disadvantage of people who take steps to protect their Internet communications from prying eyes. For instance, a person whose physical location is unknown—which more often than not is the case when someone uses anonymity software from the Tor Project—"will not be treated as a United States person, unless such person can be positively identified as such, or the nature or circumstances of the person's communications give rise to a reasonable belief that such person is a United States person," the secret document stated.

Procedures used by NSA to minimize data collection from US persons: Exhibit B – full document

D2430
#15 Posted : 6/21/2013 9:26:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The UK & US Governments, and secondarily, Canada/Aus/NZ have been sharing information like this on the Echelon Network for atleast two decades.

Interestingly, the UK has a thing called the RPA (Or RIPA)
http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2000/23/contents

This prevents the Military and Police collecting data on civilians. You'll notice amendments occuring in 01/02/03 : Around the time of Afghanistan and Iraq II

However there has never been real legislation against civil servants (NSA, GCHQ) organisations.
An old client of mine in the UK stored every single SMS message sent on the Vodafone network. No need to ask who their end user was.

There is no solution other than public outcry and policy change.
Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes.” : Steve Winterburn

Elpo
#16 Posted : 6/21/2013 9:52:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Try Duckduckgo.com as a search engine instead of google. they don't collect your data and assure more privacy, plus they have a funny logo Very happy
"It permits you to see, more clearly than our perishing mortal eye can see, vistas beyond the horizons of this life, to travel backwards and forwards in time, to enter other planes of existence, even (as the Indians say) to know God." R. Gordon Wasson

The Day Tripper
#17 Posted : 6/21/2013 10:31:37 PM

Rennasauce Man

Location: A Pale Blue Dot orbiting a GV2 Yellow Dwarf fusion powered Luminous Ball of Plasma at 30km/s
a1pha wrote:
anonenium wrote:

Maybe you missed my other post. I will copy it here for posterity.

a1pha wrote:
a1pha wrote:
dreamer042 wrote:
Am I just being ignorant, or are others being overly paranoid?

Guess who the target is on these days: users of anon networks.

Interesting development:

Use of Tor and e-mail crypto could increase chances that NSA keeps your data

Quote:
While the documents make clear that data collection and interception must cease immediately once it's determined a target is within the US, they still provide analysts with a fair amount of leeway. And that leeway seems to work to the disadvantage of people who take steps to protect their Internet communications from prying eyes. For instance, a person whose physical location is unknown—which more often than not is the case when someone uses anonymity software from the Tor Project—"will not be treated as a United States person, unless such person can be positively identified as such, or the nature or circumstances of the person's communications give rise to a reasonable belief that such person is a United States person," the secret document stated.

Procedures used by NSA to minimize data collection from US persons: Exhibit B – full document

Two more things to consider-

Tor isn't bulletproof, even if the server is a hidden onion service. Theres numerous sucessful attacks that show otherwise. Granted, its a good tool, but like what was said above, using it attracts attention to yourself. Then more resources are put towards determining why you are attempting to conceal your communications.

That would only work if you convinced the whole country to go along just to piss off the feds. And probably require restructuring the tor network for such a massive increase in scale. The point being, using tor, is now reasonable suspicion to monitor your communications according to the US Gov.

And my 2nd point-

Tor was created by the US government, more specifically US naval research, and darpa. IT currently receives 80% of its funding from the us government. I'm not saying the us government influences tor or has back doors into the network, but what, they praise it for use by dissidents in other countries (egypt, china, iran, etc, etc), but condemn and target the users of tor domestically?

Sounds about right to me. Stop

When the legitimate enemies they are looking for are using the same tactics the private citizens who wish to remain anonymous for non illegal or malicious reasons, you dont want to be an innocent private citizen in that scenario.

Especially when you may/may not disagree with your government on other grounds, but not willing to take up arms against innocent victims of the state/civilians. Like recreational drug users, like political dissidents to the culture of corruption in dc. I even read the text of martial law and emergency continuity of government legislation passed in the last 30-40 years or so. In times of social unrest, they're free to use these systems, these databases, to target civilians who politically dissent the governments actions.

IE-

Rex-84

National Emergencies Act

You want to know what the difference between a totalitarian state and the US government is?

Nothing, if we've been in a perpetual state of emergency with iran since the carter administration, renewed by the Obama administration, then technically they could suspend the constitution, or already have.

And if thats not the case, its just a matter of time folks.

Back on subject, i'd stick to a vpn and ssl on a sterile os. SSL/VPN's are widely used, and provide some cover in the crowd. Tor is a very, very, small crowd to pick from, but harder to find. 'I'll go with safety in numbers.

"let those who have talked to the elves, find each other and band together" -TMK

In a society in which nearly everybody is dominated by somebody else's mind or by a disembodied mind, it becomes increasingly difficult to learn the truth about the activities of governments and corporations, about the quality or value of products, or about the health of one's own place and economy.
In such a society, also, our private economies will depend less upon the private ownership of real, usable property, and more upon property that is institutional and abstract, beyond individual control, such as money, insurance policies, certificates of deposit, stocks, etc. And as our private economies become more abstract, the mutual, free helps and pleasures of family and community life will be supplanted by a kind of displaced citizenship and by commerce with impersonal and self-interested suppliers...
The great enemy of freedom is the alignment of political power with wealth. This alignment destroys the commonwealth - that is, the natural wealth of localities and the local economies of household, neighborhood, and community - and so destroys democracy, of which the commonwealth is the foundation and practical means.” - Wendell Berry

a1pha
#18 Posted : 6/21/2013 10:46:07 PM

The Day Tripper wrote:
Back on subject, i'd stick to a vpn and ssl on a sterile os. SSL/VPN's are widely used, and provide some cover in the crowd. Tor is a very, very, small crowd to pick from, but harder to find. 'I'll go with safety in numbers.

Yup!

Mitakuye Oyasin
#19 Posted : 6/22/2013 12:16:15 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Is anyone using Hide My Ass? If so do you like it? Thanks.
Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous.
— Terence McKenna

All my posts are hypothetical and for educational/entertainment purposes, and are not an endorsement of said activities. SWIM (a fictional character based on other people) either obtained a license for said activity, did said activity where it is legal to do so, or as in most cases the activity is completely fictional.

a1pha
#20 Posted : 6/22/2013 2:16:53 AM

Mitakuye Oyasin wrote:
Is anyone using Hide My Ass? If so do you like it? Thanks.

You mean the guys that exposed LulzSec members?

http://www.theatlanticwi...ht-would-hide-him/42895/
https://www.informationw...n-hidemyasscom/231602248

123NEXT»