We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
123NEXT
Mr. Peabody's Transcredible Fantastic Traveling Art Gallery Extravaganza!! (TM) Options

Mr.Peabody
#1 Posted : 6/20/2013 6:02:49 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks to the wonderful suggestion of one of our great moderators, cyb, I am staring this thread. It began somewhere near this post, in the art bin thread. So, if you would like to view the past of my work, you can begin there and hit the back buttons, and magically they will transport you to past places in internet space and time. To move forward, however, will take a little more determination and commitment on the part of you, the viewer, as it will require a little thing called "patience".

Unfortunately, at the moment there is no "forward" button for places in time, except if one is able to use the natural phenomenon known as "time dilation" caused by the relativistic shift resulting from near light-speed travel. If you have that capability, you no longer need patience to view places in the near or distant future. My hat's off to you, and you are awarded one space pickle, the debt of which will be transcribed by my accountant, Herman.

So without further ado, lets get this show on the road!

Mr.Peabody attached the following image(s):
Unravel.jpg (1,198kb) downloaded 291 time(s).
Be an adult only when necessary.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Wax
#2 Posted : 6/20/2013 6:36:39 AM

LUVR

Oooh, I like it! Gives me a sense of being small, and great textures!

It's funny, I was actually thinking about telling you that I wanted to see all of your art in one place because I liked how they all have that distinct, "Mr. P" feel to them and wanted to see them side by side. I decided that your art gallery was basically what I was looking for, so I didn't say anything. Although, the gallery is missing quite a few of your pieces so this thread is a great idea!
'Little spider weaves a wispy web, stumblin' through the woods it catches to my head. She crawls behind my ear and whispers secrets. Dragonfly whiz by and sings now teach it.'

Jin
#3 Posted : 6/20/2013 6:51:58 AM

yes

yesssssssssssss
illusions !, there are no illusions
there is only that which is the truth

cyb
#4 Posted : 6/20/2013 8:05:08 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Digi-Art, DTP, Optical tester, Mechanic, CarpenterSenior Member | Skills: Digi-Art, DTP, Optical tester, Mechanic, Carpenter

'Bout time too...Very happy
(I reckon you should have all your pieces in here...as a retroactive time warp portal)
Please do not PM tek related questions
Reserve the right to change your mind at any given moment.

Global
#5 Posted : 6/20/2013 12:38:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Music, LSDMT, Egyptian Visions, DMT: Energetic/Holographic Phenomena, Integration, Trip Reports

Some of that black squirminess is representative of some of the negative entities I encounter in hyperspace, and the intertwined patterns off to the right are something I've seen in hyperspace a number of times, though they seem rather neutral. I don't know what to make of them, but they don't seem to affect me negatively, so they can just be a bit off-putting maybe in the same way that you wouldn't want an octopus' tentacles up in your face.
"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind" - Albert Einstein

"The Mighty One appears, the horizon shines. Atum appears on the smell of his censing, the Sunshine- god has risen in the sky, the Mansion of the pyramidion is in joy and all its inmates are assembled, a voice calls out within the shrine, shouting reverberates around the Netherworld." - Egyptian Book of the Dead

"Man fears time, but time fears the Pyramids" - 9th century Arab proverb

Mr.Peabody
#6 Posted : 6/20/2013 2:58:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks folks! I'm glad my first post in this thread has been a success.

I'll see what I can do about bringing in my past stuff, but it may take unfathomable amounts of energy. Not energy to cause near light-speed travel, but energy to post so many things.....I'm lazy about that kind of stuff.Razz And I guess I could upload more to the art gallery, but I kind of want to leave that for my best, most eye-catching, and most finished works.

Thanks again! I'll be adding more shortly.

If you haven't noticed, I have been starting with what I consider the least to the most cool pics in this posting spree. So, buckle your seat belts, sit back, and wait for new drawings every 24 hours or so, for a couple more days....

Guyomech
#7 Posted : 6/20/2013 3:16:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Oil painting, Acrylic painting, Digital and multimedia art, Trip integration

Great depth effect P, really dig the animation of the foreground character. I can see what Global means about its slightly imposing vibe- I've encountered similar squirmy things in the sewers of hyperspace. Part snail, part octopus, part spider. The squirmy tubular background stuff is great, although it could be more effective if you made more subtle use of the light gray end of the value range, got the atmospheric effect smoother.

FYI it's easy to update your member gallery. If you're able to use FTP, just make a new folder: "Peabody_new_6/28/13" and drop it in the NexusStuff folder. Daedaloops is still doing regular gallery updates and checks the FTP about once a week. Alternately, you can PM me and make areangements to email me the stuff. It's no hassle at all and we like to keep the galleries current.

And P, I second Cyb's suggestion for a full retroactive time portal here, might as well.

null24
#8 Posted : 6/21/2013 12:37:21 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

Wow man, yeah that looks like my bad karma, just before I purged out!
Awesome! Haven't looked at it on anything larger than my phone, what's your medium, can't tell.
Art, we all need more Thumbs up art in our lives.
Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

Mr.Peabody
#9 Posted : 6/21/2013 4:03:41 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Oooookaaayyy, I'll bend the laws of space and time so that I can bring in my past art. I'll only do it because you asked so nicely!

I'll definitely upload some new stuff to the gallery. I wasn't aware I could just put in a "new" folder and it would get taken care of. Plus, I have some newer stuff I've been working on that's pretty cool...

...like....

...this next one!

I started this back in December on an overwhelmingly powerful San Pedro trip. I like to think it is a visual depiction of my mind state before, during, and after the peak. I spent quite a bit of time using my pencils to color it in. Unfortunately, I didn't quite get the pencils to color as smoothly as I wanted. They weren't cooperating no matter what, but I am still quite satisfied with the end result.
Storm.jpg (942kb) downloaded 212 time(s).

Global
#10 Posted : 6/21/2013 6:06:39 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Music, LSDMT, Egyptian Visions, DMT: Energetic/Holographic Phenomena, Integration, Trip Reports

The color definitely adds the sense of dimension to it.
"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind" - Albert Einstein

"The Mighty One appears, the horizon shines. Atum appears on the smell of his censing, the Sunshine- god has risen in the sky, the Mansion of the pyramidion is in joy and all its inmates are assembled, a voice calls out within the shrine, shouting reverberates around the Netherworld." - Egyptian Book of the Dead

anon_003
#11 Posted : 6/21/2013 6:44:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Whoadude.
Once in a while, you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

Mr.Peabody
#12 Posted : 6/22/2013 1:31:08 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks Global and anon_003!

Alright folks, here's the final installment of this little shindig, for now...

I have some others in the works, but you'll have to wait!

Enjoy
splashf.jpg (282kb) downloaded 180 time(s).

Global
#13 Posted : 6/22/2013 2:43:06 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Definitely unique for you, but it's still got "you" written all over it. obviously the opaque textured colors are in stark contrast to your other works.

Bill Cipher
#14 Posted : 6/22/2013 2:49:16 AM

DMT-Nexus member

That last one is wonderful. Paintover in Photoshop, yes?

Wax
#15 Posted : 6/22/2013 7:58:30 AM

LUVR

Big grin Nice!
'Little spider weaves a wispy web, stumblin' through the woods it catches to my head. She crawls behind my ear and whispers secrets. Dragonfly whiz by and sings now teach it.'

cyb
#16 Posted : 6/22/2013 8:40:49 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Digi-Art, DTP, Optical tester, Mechanic, CarpenterSenior Member | Skills: Digi-Art, DTP, Optical tester, Mechanic, Carpenter

Yeeesss...I finally get to see the top...Big grin

Bestest so far...great colours.
Please do not PM tek related questions
Reserve the right to change your mind at any given moment.

Mr.Peabody
#17 Posted : 6/22/2013 4:38:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks peeps!

And yes, Art, I drew the original in black pen, and then colorized it in PS using pretty much everything I learned from Guyomech's digi tutorials.

Michal_R
#18 Posted : 6/22/2013 5:51:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thumbs up

Mr.Peabody
#19 Posted : 7/30/2013 3:30:56 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Ok! So, I forgot I wanted to post up the pictures I've drawn in the past. I'll get to that, I've just been busy.

As a matter of fact, for any interested, I am planning on making my own website, soon. So Look out interwebs! I'm comin!

Anyway, I picked up an old air brush at a thrift store the other day for the low sum of 5 bucks, and it is awesome! I looked it up, and the thing was likely made in the 60's, but it's in great shape. All it needed was a cleaning, and I was on my way! It's gonna take some work to get proficient, but I already feel pretty good with the thing. It fits my style in some ways.

So here's a goofy one I did today. Like most of what I do, I ended up a long ways from the destination I had planned. But that's how it goes!

His name is Cutie McCuddlylumps.
Cutie.jpg (1,292kb) downloaded 126 time(s).

Mr.Peabody
#20 Posted : 8/9/2013 4:15:59 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Ok, so I'm going to start putting in my other works, so they are here in this thread. I have a ton, so I may not get this done in one sitting. Please feel free to jump in any time if you'd like to make a comment!
Mind.jpg (1,505kb) downloaded 112 time(s).
tear.jpg (1,507kb) downloaded 112 time(s).
cliff.jpg (1,059kb) downloaded 113 time(s).
Hand.jpg (913kb) downloaded 113 time(s).
strechy.jpg (913kb) downloaded 113 time(s).
head.jpg (1,250kb) downloaded 113 time(s).
unknown.jpg (1,544kb) downloaded 114 time(s).
Re-entry.jpg (1,127kb) downloaded 113 time(s).

123NEXT