We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV1234NEXT
Astronaut says we're not alone Options

SWIMfriend
#21 Posted : 5/5/2009 6:59:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

acolon_5 wrote:
I would welcome proof. I'd love to believe that there is intelligent life that is not only alive at the same time we are but that is technologically advanced enough for long distance space travel.

The inevitability that we are not alone is enormous. The chance that their civilization and our civilization exist at the same time is not so big. The chance that they are in the same time frame we are AND have developed such advanced technology is even smaller.

Still, I'll love to see some proof. It would explain some things.

Rationally stated. I agree. The chances of "visitors" is extremely small--but not zero. Based on my experience with people's abilities to delude themselves--and the near total absence of evidence to date--I strongly doubt that any visitation has yet occurred in "modern" history (i.e., the last few thousand years).

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

SWIMfriend
#22 Posted : 5/5/2009 7:04:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Saidin wrote:
Read The Singularity is Near by Ray Kurzweil.

In it he theorizies that it won't be 1000's or even 100's of years into the future before we have access to these possible technologies. He postulates that if technological progression continues as it has for the last 30 years, by 2040-2050 we will all be immortal beings though our technology. We may have the ability to transfer our consciousness into a constructed machine when we need it, but when not needed our consciousness will float in a virtual space where we can create anything we want just by thought.

An interesting read about the possible future of humanity with technology.

It's true that there is a compounding effect of knowledge and technology. It's also true there can be unanticipated problems. And it's also true that some problems can end up being much more intractable than anyone would have ever guessed: At the beginning of the computer revolution (the 1960's, say) it was thought that "artificial intelligence would come easily (some thought as easily as simply connecting many wires together!!); while it was also thought that programming a computer to play good chess would be FAR into the future. Turns out chess was ridiculously simple, while real artificial intelligence is still a far off fantasy.

ohayoco
#23 Posted : 5/5/2009 8:53:12 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Yes we were all meant to have our own personal nuclear-powered rocketships by now too!

But I agree with the predictions of impending immortality... IF we don't destroy our civilisation first, or if we aren't decimated by a virus, or a sentient machine/s. 100-150 years sounds right to me, but hopefully it'll be before I die, because being dead is I believe like passing out, like too much salvia extract or DMT non-existence... a turned off computer... it's no fun. I feel sorry for the suckers who can't afford the immortality treatment when it's first invented and die knowing they're just missing out, watching the newly-immortal glitterati on hospital televisions.
Then after immortality, maybe we can wire ourselves up to photosynthesise rather than eat, then eventually shed physical matter and move as energy, travelling across the universe at lightspeed! Shocked

But these aliens as people describe them are far too human looking. If they did exist as they have been described, then I would say they were relatives of ours, from a parallel universe or 'time travellers' if it's actually possible (because time doesn't really exist, it's just a method of measuring change).
I guess they could be taking forms that resonate with us but in that case you'd expect them to make themselves look human... maybe. It's interesting how 'the others' used to look just like people according to our ancestors, whether angels, elves, fairies, dwarves or monsters, but now we view them as looking different to us.

I don't personally believe we are being visited, but I'd welcome being proved wrong. But I do believe that people are seeing things, whatever they are, just like how people have seen ghosts... and I look forward to the proof!
Everything I write is fictional roleplay. Obviously! End tribal genocide: www.survival-international.org Quick petitions for meaningful change: www.avaaz.org/en/
End prohibition: www.leap.cc www.tdpf.org.uk And "Feeling Good" by David D.Burns MD is a very useful book.

Saidin
#24 Posted : 5/5/2009 9:02:38 PM

Sun Dragon

Senior Member | Skills: Aquaponics, Channeling, Spirituality, Past Life Regression Hypnosis

SWIMfriend wrote:

Rationally stated. I agree. The chances of "visitors" is extremely small--but not zero. Based on my experience with people's abilities to delude themselves--and the near total absence of evidence to date--I strongly doubt that any visitation has yet occurred in "modern" history (i.e., the last few thousand years).

There is compelling evidence out there, provided to you by NASA and your tax dollars...at least when they were foolish enough to broadcast live feeds from the space shuttle...

In addition the list of government whistleblowers is quite impressive. From Sargents to Generals to Astronauts, many are talking about what they have seen, and willing to testify before congress under oath. You just have to look, and you can find all the evidence you need. We are emerging into a galactic community, and have been watched and studied for many many many years.

The Greatest Story Ever Denied:
http://video.google.com/...greatest+story+ever+den#

Secret Space: Vol 1
http://video.google.com/...q=secret+space&emb=0

What, you ask, was the beginning of it all?
And it is this...

Existence that multiplied itself
For sheer delight of being
And plunged into numberless trillions of forms
So that it might
Find
Itself
Innumerably.
-Sri Aubobindo

Saidin is a fictional character, and only exists in the collective unconscious. Therefore, we both do and do not exist. Everything is made up as we go along, and none of it is real.

SWIMfriend
#25 Posted : 5/5/2009 9:54:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Saidin,

I don't wish to belabor it (people have been arguing this issue for 50 years). I just put little value on those sorts of "anecdotal" evidences. There are also lots of people who have seen bigfoot--or the Loch Ness monster. There will ALWAYS be those kinds of unsupportable (and...well, usually WRONG) reports. People can't help themselves. There are MANY people who are eager to have their voice heard, many people who imagine they see things they don't, etc.

I've learned a lot by watching "free energy," "magnetic perpetual motion," "hydrogen gas mileage boosters for your car" videos on youtube. ALL the devices and ideas in those videos are UNTRUE--either intentionally made up, or mistaken for something they're not. The capacity for people to delude themselves is almost limitless. The evidence of that is in thousands of videos on youtube, for anyone to examine.

Which is NOT to say that I feel the need to INSIST that no "visitation" evidence exists somewhere. I'm just saying that so far, all public mentions, discussions, reports, etc., of such evidence has all the characteristics of evidence of OTHER things which are clearly bunk.

Saidin
#26 Posted : 5/5/2009 10:05:01 PM

Sun Dragon

Senior Member | Skills: Aquaponics, Channeling, Spirituality, Past Life Regression Hypnosis

Swimfriend,

Fair enough, and I agree with you. I too have watched many videos on youtube hoping for answers but ultimately being let down.

Have you watched the first movie that I posted? I also am a big fan of "evidence" and having NASA space shuttle feeds provide that for me was quite compelling. The "evidence" could be something completely different and bunk, but at the very least it shows that our government knows far more about this subject than they are telling the public, and are in fact lying to the public about it.

If you've watched lots of videos, one more won't do you harm, I think you will find it interesting, and it may even lead to some more questions. Cool
And it is this...

So that it might
Find
Itself
Innumerably.
-Sri Aubobindo

Saidin is a fictional character, and only exists in the collective unconscious. Therefore, we both do and do not exist. Everything is made up as we go along, and none of it is real.

SWIMfriend
#27 Posted : 5/5/2009 10:56:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Saidin,

No, I didn't watch the movie. I've watched a fair number of, what I imagine to be, "similar" movies--and they often seem EXTREMELY convincing, until you hear the other side of the story. I no longer frustrate myself with them because it's really impossible to fully verify everything that's said (yes, you can verify that people they claim MADE reports, actually MADE those reports, etc., but after awhile it just comes down to some people saying they saw some things...).

Which is NOT to say that I disagree that governments continuously LIE to their citizens. There's no question they do lie, and there's no doubt in my mind about the PLAUSIBILITY of the idea that our government KNEW about "alien" evidence, and didn't let that evidence out. That's definitely plausible. Whether or not it's TRUE is just something I simply have no way of knowing.

I could only ever know if I really convincingly saw one of the damn UFOs myself, or if a friend whom I could READ gave me a compelling report of his personal experience (or maybe if LARGE groups of people saw something really BLATANT, and hundreds of people gave CONTEMPORANEOUS, live reports to national-level news reporters), or if government/respected scientists admitted to having tested debris, etc., and unambiguously determined it was of alien origin. Beyond that, all you can really ever get is sincere-sounding people telling fascinating stories--and...well....I've just NEVER figured out a way to tell which such stories are able to be believed.

SWIMfriend
#28 Posted : 5/5/2009 11:14:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

OK, I watched the "CNN press conference" youtube vid. If they have so much "electronic implant evidence" then I think that could be EASILY verified. I have a feeling it never will be.

I also have a feeling that the "by end of May" line in the sand will just....fade away. But we'll see.

When people CLAIM definitive evidence, and then that evidence sort of "evaporates," they lose ALL further credibility with me.

Sometimes they lose me AT the claim of the evidence. My field is biology (I have a PhD in molecular and cell biology). I LAUGHED OUT LOUD at the claim of the "bigfoot body" (WITH photo!) that made the national news, what was it, last year? I simply KNOW that northern Georgia is not nearly dense enough wilderness to support a breeding population of such large creatures without them being well-known to exist long before now. When things don't make sense, they don't make sense.

One thing that doesn't make sense (as far as I can see), is the idea of space travellers coming the COLOSSAL distance to this planet--and not hanging out and making friends, etc. There really wouldn't be any POINT to such a trip unless you intended to establish a colony, or at least discuss the prospects with the natives....

idtravlr
#29 Posted : 5/6/2009 3:17:31 AM

DMT-Nexus member

ohayoco has a great point that I've pondered for years. Why do all of these "beings" have human parts? i.e. legs, arms, eyes, heads, mouths, etc. All one has to do is look to the sea to realize that basic life as well as intelligent life can exist in many forms that are far from the standard human paradigm. Why is it that every report describes something that any Joe Blow can understand and conceptualize? Anyone that has had a significant breakthrough can understand the concept of what seem to be intelligent indescribable entities with no human characteristics whatsoever.

I'm not a complete skeptic, but I feel I have a healthy level of skepticism, and it's important to note the fact that there is a much higher ratio of completely "normal" seeming people who have serious psychiatric disorders such as compulsive story fabrication (pathological liars), and suffer from psychiatric delusions, than the actual probability of intergalactic travel by alien beings.

I certainly don't deny the potential existence of space aliens visiting this planet, but until I see indisputable evidence I will continue to analyze such reports with a certain level of skepticism.
I am not a drug addict seeking escape from reality. I am an explorer of consciousness challenging consensus reality.

…is DMT dangerous? The answer is only if you fear death by astonishment… [crowd laughter]… Remember how you laughed when this possibility was raised… a moment will come that will wipe the smile right off your face.
-Terence McKenna

Saidin
#30 Posted : 5/6/2009 10:16:45 PM

Sun Dragon

SWIMfriend wrote:

One thing that doesn't make sense (as far as I can see), is the idea of space travellers coming the COLOSSAL distance to this planet--and not hanging out and making friends, etc. There really wouldn't be any POINT to such a trip unless you intended to establish a colony, or at least discuss the prospects with the natives....

It is only a colossal distance if our understanding of physics is all there is to the universe. If you watch the first video I posted, Space Shuttle footage shows UFO's materializing and dematerializing out of and into nothing. Are they aliens? No way to tell for sure, but there is something going on in space that the vast majority of people have no clue about.

My belief is that we are on the verge of becoming part of a galactic community, and that would be reason enough for any alien species that we may run across to be interested enough in us to make the journey. Maybe they have been discussing the prospects with governments, and those discussions are kept from the general populace for our "own good".

It is a facinating topic to me, and one that I didn't give much creedence to until recently. The wealth of photograpic and video evidence is quite impressive, even when taken with a good hefty dose of skepticism. There are no definitive answers, but enough circumstantial evidence to make one question....
And it is this...

So that it might
Find
Itself
Innumerably.
-Sri Aubobindo

۩
#31 Posted : 5/6/2009 10:26:51 PM

Look at C Y M A T I C S
You will understand why we are star-shaped beings,
and why this model of being was able to house The Mind.

Our sensors are our sensors. Every conscious being in the universe has some.
The eye is universal. This universe is watching itself.

Sacred geometry weaving through your sanctuary.

ohayoco
#32 Posted : 5/6/2009 11:27:40 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I saw a flying saucer once. But it was cloud coloured and stationary, so I decided it was probably just a very neat cloud! Laughing
Everything I write is fictional roleplay. Obviously! End tribal genocide: www.survival-international.org Quick petitions for meaningful change: www.avaaz.org/en/
End prohibition: www.leap.cc www.tdpf.org.uk And "Feeling Good" by David D.Burns MD is a very useful book.

SWIMfriend
#33 Posted : 5/6/2009 11:43:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Saidin wrote:
...If you watch the first video I posted, Space Shuttle footage shows UFO's materializing and dematerializing out of and into nothing....

I must be blind (this happens to me in the grocery store all the time). I can not find the video you're referring to. The only video I see posted is your link to the CNN press report--I don't see any space shuttle footage in it.

Could you repost the link you're referring to?

Saidin
#34 Posted : 5/6/2009 11:50:11 PM

Sun Dragon

Up on this page, post #24.

I just watched the Secret Space one again, and didn't like it as much as I remember. Excellent footage in some places, but nothing you don't see in the first movie I posted, and not as well produced.

http://video.google.com/...nied&emb=0&aq=f#

Cymatics is an excellent field of study for those looking for answers. Very interesting stuff.
And it is this...

So that it might
Find
Itself
Innumerably.
-Sri Aubobindo

ohayoco
#35 Posted : 5/6/2009 11:55:13 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Could you explain cymatics briefly please? I wikied it and just got a description of how some guy scraped a plate and made little wave patterns. Are you saying that waves make aliens independently evolve into a humanoid shape like ours?!

۩
#36 Posted : 5/6/2009 11:57:18 PM

everything is vibrating.

all is reflection.

SWIMfriend
#37 Posted : 5/7/2009 12:17:28 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Saidin wrote:

http://video.google.com/...nied&emb=0&aq=f#

OK, I just started to watch this, and I was STUNNED to hear a voice claiming to be that of General MacArthur, saying that the next war will be fought with aliens (at time 5:06). I tried to look this up, and an early link pointed to Snopes. Although Snopes tries to be "generous," and quotes a speech he DID give that VAGUELY mentions something like this....in fact, MacArthur never gave any such speech (and didn't speak at West Point at all in 1955). So, at least in that respect, this video contains some hoax stuff (a fake audio recording). And that's the problem will ALL claims of the UFO people--it's impossible to determine which is believable and reliable, and which is bunk.

Videos (even from NASA) of "bright objects" moving around just don't impress me. It's impossible to tell what you're looking at. I'd need to see a DETAILED image, of an obviously "manufactured" craft, from a reliable source (like NASA), to give credence to the idea that a photo was showing an alien craft.

I'm most interested in the first video you posted--of the CNN press conference. Two clear and unambiguous claims were made there: 1) There are MANY examples of electronic devices implanted in people by aliens, 2) At the end of May, that UFO organization will release a load of incontrovertible evidence that the US govt knows all about aliens and alien visits. I'm curious to see if those claims will amount to anything. If they DON'T--which I expect they won't--it only proves that what these people continuously tend to claim is UNRELIABLE.

Saidin
#38 Posted : 5/7/2009 1:02:50 AM

Sun Dragon

ohayoco wrote:
Could you explain cymatics briefly please? I wikied it and just got a description of how some guy scraped a plate and made little wave patterns. Are you saying that waves make aliens independently evolve into a humanoid shape like ours?!

Cymatics is the study of sound and vibration. If you take a medium, say sand on a drum head, or water in a container and project sound though it, certain frequencies will produce geometric paterns in the medium. Some of these patterns form sacred geometric shapes in the medium. Under labratory conditions, each pattern can be recreated by using the same frequency.

Extrapolated out, cymatics can be applied to the universe as a whole. Everything we percieve are waves of vibration. Some vibrating faster, some slower, and the rate of vibration makes up everything we see as "solid" matter. This fits well with String Theory also.

Some interesting videos of Cymatics:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=stfIjObFZYU

http://video.google.com/...0&aq=2&oq=cymat#

http://video.google.com/...0&aq=2&oq=cymat#

And it is this...

So that it might
Find
Itself
Innumerably.
-Sri Aubobindo

ohayoco
#39 Posted : 5/7/2009 1:36:44 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Thanks. I already know that everything is vibrating, that's what subatomic particles do. As for the geometric patterns, I don't find that surprising or magical either, it's just maths.

But what I don't see is how cymatics makes aliens look humanoid, as Slidewinder cryptically claims?

Saidin
#40 Posted : 5/7/2009 2:07:59 AM

Sun Dragon

SWIMfriend wrote:

Videos (even from NASA) of "bright objects" moving around just don't impress me. It's impossible to tell what you're looking at. I'd need to see a DETAILED image, of an obviously "manufactured" craft, from a reliable source (like NASA), to give credence to the idea that a photo was showing an alien craft.

Keep watching the video, the footage of UFOs comes a little later on, and there are closeups, not just bright lights far away that are questionable. I must say, that I don't know if they are alien craft, many seem to be guided by some sort of intelligence, but whether they are strange life forms we don't understand, or something more technological remains a mystery.

Good info about MacArthur. When I heard that it seemed strange, but as you indicated, he said something similar, so the idea is out there.
And it is this...

So that it might
Find
Itself
Innumerably.
-Sri Aubobindo

PREV1234NEXT