We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
123NEXT»
Astronaut says we're not alone Options

SoCal
#1 Posted : 4/28/2009 7:14:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
Apollo 14 astronaut Edgar D. Mitchell, the sixth man ever to walk on the moon, has a message for all citizens of Earth: We are not alone.

"We are being visited," the 79-year-old grandfatherly "spacefarer" told 100 or so UFOlogists gathered at a National Press Club conference called by the Paradigm Research Group (motto: "It's not about lights in the sky; it's about lies on the ground"Pleased.

"It is now time to put away this embargo of truth about the alien presence," said the astronaut who made the longest moonwalk in history. "I call upon our government to open up ... and become a part of this planetary community that is now trying to take our proper role as a spacefaring civilization."

LINK

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Xstacy
#2 Posted : 4/28/2009 7:20:38 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Unfortunately without proof, it doesn't help the cause.
All illegal narcotics are medicinal. Boredom is a disease worse than cancer. Drugs cure it, with little or no side effects if used as directed - Doug Stanhope.

Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual. - Thomas Jefferson

everythingsflashin
#3 Posted : 4/28/2009 9:43:10 PM
DMT-Nexus member

i think the fact that WE are alive is proof enough. it is inconceivably naive to think we are the only ones in such a vast universe. too bad the governments of the world wont let this info out. they dont think we can take it.
Your body is just a vehicle, transporting your soul.

Xstacy
#4 Posted : 4/28/2009 10:17:09 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Dont get me wrong, I do believe. Its the masses that dont.
All illegal narcotics are medicinal. Boredom is a disease worse than cancer. Drugs cure it, with little or no side effects if used as directed - Doug Stanhope.

Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual. - Thomas Jefferson

Saidin
#5 Posted : 4/28/2009 11:35:14 PM

Sun Dragon

Senior Member | Skills: Aquaponics, Channeling, Spirituality, Past Life Regression Hypnosis

This isn't the first time Mitchell has spoken out. He did so about 4-5 years ago, saying essentially the same thing.

There was another interesting thing to come out of this UFO conference where Mitchell spoke. Near the end, the organizer said that if the government didn't come out and admit what it knows about UFO's, ie: Disclosure, that this group was going to begin releasing specific, undeniable evidence themselves to the public, and thus force the governments hand. Or the possibility that some oother government will release their files, and instead of leading the US would be following another countries lead.

The organizer gave until the end of May for the govt to come clean, after that they will begin to release their own info to wake the public at large up to the reality of the galaxy that we live in.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTr6PDtgytw

Starting at about 5mins
What, you ask, was the beginning of it all?
And it is this...

Existence that multiplied itself
For sheer delight of being
And plunged into numberless trillions of forms
So that it might
Find
Itself
Innumerably.
-Sri Aubobindo

Saidin is a fictional character, and only exists in the collective unconscious. Therefore, we both do and do not exist. Everything is made up as we go along, and none of it is real.

acolon_5
#6 Posted : 4/29/2009 3:53:12 PM

The Great Namah

I would welcome proof. I'd love to believe that there is intelligent life that is not only alive at the same time we are but that is technologically advanced enough for long distance space travel.

The inevitability that we are not alone is enormous. The chance that their civilization and our civilization exist at the same time is not so big. The chance that they are in the same time frame we are AND have developed such advanced technology is even smaller.

Still, I'll love to see some proof. It would explain some things.
The Spice extends life
The Spice expands consciousness
The Spice is vital for space travel
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Never underestimate the power of STUFF!

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention.

I don't know SWIM and personally don't trust him at all. If SWIM is posting, most likely I will not respond...as I said, I don't trust the guy. YOU I trust, but never SWIM.

WSaged
#7 Posted : 4/29/2009 5:39:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Saidin that is a interesting link!!

I don't think there would be too many people actually surprised by the facts, if they are released as fact by the Govt's of the world.

WS
All posts are fictional short stories depicting the adventures of WSaged!! None of these events have actually happened and any resemblance to any real persons or incidents is totally coincidence!!!!!!!!!!!!

burnt
#8 Posted : 4/29/2009 6:00:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Extreme Chemical expertChemical expertSenior Member

It would be very odd if there wasn't other life in the universe. I would actually be surprised if bacteria like organisms were not found in our solar system.

The big question is can life ever travel the distances needed for space travel. Assuming the universe is X billion years it makes sense that life could have only existed past a certain point in universes history and even if it had a billion year head start on humans would that be enough time to survive and learn space travel?

Lets face it the distances between stars are almost incomprehensible that without finding some way around the light speed barrier its going to take a really really long time to get anywhere. Life may simply never be able to travel that far without serious adaptations.

I think if we were visited it would be too hard to not know about it there is just so many people working in space programs and who use satillites and radar that government cover up would be really difficult. We need solid evidence.

pinche
#9 Posted : 4/29/2009 6:43:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

It seems to me that the u.f.o phenomenon is much more than physical aliens and craft.I think we are experiencing hyper-dimensional beings in most cases.The reports are extremely varied and often bizzare.Obviously a lot of the sightings are hoaxes or misidentifications but people are seeing strange things in the sky.Also there are many credible witneses,pilots, military and police.Recently several countries have released their u.f.o files.Why would they have files?

Its time for humans to wake up and realize that the cosmos in more than just rocks and chemicals.In fact only about 5 percent of our known universe is "normal" matter, the rest is "dark energy" and "dark matter".Scientist dont really know what 95 percent of our universe is comprised of.
http://nasascience.nasa....sics/what-is-dark-energy

We homo sapien sapiens need to get over ourselves and stop being so arrogant.We need to accept our place as participants in the universe and not dominators of it.If anything spice has at least taught me this.

jamie
#10 Posted : 4/29/2009 7:32:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

there is def something going on..I know personaly for a FACT, because i have seen while sober with my eyes alongside a group of other sober people a ball of light literally the size of a full moon in the sky hover over us for about 20 minutes and then zoom off into the sky, making precise turns impossible for any human made aircraft THAT I KNOW OF..and it made absolutily NO noise..could very possibly have been governtment. One of the people with me just happened to have spent 5 years in the military and he said he had never ever seen anything like it.. I live in a UFO corridor..

http://www.ufobc.ca/Reports/corridor.htm....I live in the heart of this..

About the hyper dimensional beings...I havehad classic abduction phenomenon happen to me at night my entire life. Its kinda stopped now but whenI was younger it was happening alot, and parts of it would scare the fuckning shit out of me. It would happen every fucking night. I would go away to some place I cant remember with a being I had no fear of..but I had no fear becasue of the way the scenario would play out..

i would hear really frightening and threatening voices from inside of my closet, and they were always transformers. Evil transformeres comming to get me. EVERY NIGHT!! Than this green glowing thing would ome into my window and take me away, save me from the evil transformers. i would expect the scenario to lay itself out every night, and it would, and I would wait for the being to come take e and he always would..wasnt until years later after it stopped that I was reading about alien abductions and found so many reports that went along those lines.. so i think there is obviousily some type of experience at least that so many of us out there are having..

I have also seen beings full on about 3 years ago while camping. I get sleep paralysis alot and when I do "they"are there sometimes. This time I was sleeping in a van in the middle of nowhere on the west coast of vancouver island(canada) in the middle of winter, and I went into paralysis, but I could see through my eyelids a bright light shining into the front window and there were grey-like beings staring through at me, with their weird skinny little hands pressed against the glass. I couldnt make out too much in the way of detailedphysical features because they were sort of silouetted by the light..

I was scared shitless, panicking so bad I thought I was going to have a god damn heart attack..I woke up my friend sleeping the back when I came out of the weird paralysis trance but "they" were gone. I was able to sort of shake it off after a day or so, becasue I had had experiences similar before, and just acceptedit for whatever it was...but when I think back on it I get this really creey feeling that comes back and I want to crawl into a ball and hide....

About a year ago, my sister told me and my mother that she sometimes experiences states of "paralysis" at night, where she pannicks and gets the distinct perception of an entity holding her dwn and sitting n her chest, doing something to her...I had heard that sleep paralysis runs in the family so thought that maybe she has other experiences as well. She knew nothing of the phenomenon before and noone else in the family has it.

Now about 3 months ago I was talking with her one morning and she randomly brought up a dream she had had recently that seemed real where she was taken by another race of beings and brough out into space and shown other planets and things...dont really know what to make of any of these experiences I have gone through, but more and more people I talk to seem to have a few stories to tell, something is goin on though, weather neurological, interdimensional or otherwise..
Long live the unwoke.

SoCal
#11 Posted : 4/30/2009 4:43:51 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I too sometimes get sleep paralysis. It seems to happen more often during afternoon naps than at night. Also, fractal your link didn't seem to work for me.

everythingsflashin
#12 Posted : 4/30/2009 11:42:47 PM
DMT-Nexus member

acolon_5 wrote:
I would welcome proof. I'd love to believe that there is intelligent life that is not only alive at the same time we are but that is technologically advanced enough for long distance space travel.

The inevitability that we are not alone is enormous. The chance that their civilization and our civilization exist at the same time is not so big. The chance that they are in the same time frame we are AND have developed such advanced technology is even smaller.

Still, I'll love to see some proof. It would explain some things.

well acolon, if a civilization has the technology to break light speed and have trans universal travels, then they probably have the technology to control time. even our own scientists on earth are experimenting with super strong electromagnetic fields to change the flow of time. i really dont think that technology is that far advanced from us. id say if the human race is still thriving, we should have that kind of technology within a couple thousand years. just think how far our technology has come in the last 100.
Your body is just a vehicle, transporting your soul.

Saidin
#13 Posted : 5/1/2009 12:39:41 AM

Sun Dragon

Senior Member | Skills: Aquaponics, Channeling, Spirituality, Past Life Regression Hypnosis

Read The Singularity is Near by Ray Kurzweil.

In it he theorizies that it won't be 1000's or even 100's of years into the future before we have access to these possible technologies. He postulates that if technological progression continues as it has for the last 30 years, by 2040-2050 we will all be immortal beings though our technology. We may have the ability to transfer our consciousness into a constructed machine when we need it, but when not needed our consciousness will float in a virtual space where we can create anything we want just by thought.

An interesting read about the possible future of humanity with technology.
And it is this...

So that it might
Find
Itself
Innumerably.
-Sri Aubobindo

Saidin is a fictional character, and only exists in the collective unconscious. Therefore, we both do and do not exist. Everything is made up as we go along, and none of it is real.

40oztofreedom
#14 Posted : 5/1/2009 3:56:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Saidin wrote:
Read The Singularity is Near by Ray Kurzweil.

In it he theorizies that it won't be 1000's or even 100's of years into the future before we have access to these possible technologies. He postulates that if technological progression continues as it has for the last 30 years, by 2040-2050 we will all be immortal beings though our technology. We may have the ability to transfer our consciousness into a constructed machine when we need it, but when not needed our consciousness will float in a virtual space where we can create anything we want just by thought.

An interesting read about the possible future of humanity with technology.

Personally it seems a bit far fetched for something so soon (30-40 years).

But haha, that would be absolutely crazy. Maybe later along the line psychiatry and psychology can adapt and grow with technology, and if innovative enough, the technology would be used like a mental "accessory".

Just wrapping my head around that makes me excited.
So glad to see you have overcome them.
Completely silent now
With heaven's help
You cast your demons out

--------------------
I lie compulsively, and I am subjected to mental disorders as to where I have trouble even considering my own existance.

SoCal
#15 Posted : 5/1/2009 10:42:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Check THIS out

wiru
#16 Posted : 5/1/2009 11:16:07 PM
DMT-Nexus member

SoCal wrote:
Check THIS out

The photo is amazing. It is something as incomprehensible as DMT^infinty. No surprise people see beings during their DMT trips. The universe should be teeming with all sorts of imaginable and even inconceivable life forms.

It blows my mind away. Just like DMT does... and then some more.

VisualDistortion
#17 Posted : 5/2/2009 12:06:26 AM

DMT-Nexus member

It has been shown that it is almost mathematically inevitable for life to occur when the conditions are right.
You lock the door, and throw away the key

There's someone in my head but it's not me

VisualDistortion
#18 Posted : 5/2/2009 12:15:27 AM

DMT-Nexus member

LINK
You lock the door, and throw away the key

There's someone in my head but it's not me

Saidin
#19 Posted : 5/2/2009 12:18:05 AM

Sun Dragon

40oztofreedom wrote:

Personally it seems a bit far fetched for something so soon (30-40 years).

If Moore's Law continues as it has for the last 30 years, we will be able to build a machine that has the computational power(calculatioins per second) of the entirety of humanity (7 Billion people) within 30 years. Match that with advances in artificial intelligence, and we have a machine of godlike intelligence.
And it is this...

So that it might
Find
Itself
Innumerably.
-Sri Aubobindo

Morphane
#20 Posted : 5/5/2009 2:55:38 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Saidin wrote:
[quote=40oztofreedom]If Moore's Law continues as it has for the last 30 years, we will be able to build a machine that has the computational power(calculatioins per second) of the entirety of humanity (7 Billion people) within 30 years. Match that with advances in artificial intelligence, and we have a machine of godlike intelligence.

I wonder if this godlike machine will be the Übermensch that Nietzsche talked about. Will it be a friend, as depicted in a film like AI: Artificial Intelligence, or enemy, as Transformers 2 and Terminator Salvation shall depict?

Either way, Homo sapien will find itself obsolete.

123NEXT»