We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
Smoking Datura? Options

Nathanial.Dread
#21 Posted : 7/8/2014 6:34:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

changalvia wrote:
I also have a fascination with this plant that started when I was 15.

I read somewhere that the leaves and flowers used to be sold at pharmacies as "jimson weed" cigarettes as a remedy for asthma, not sure why it was taken off the shelf.

So I tried to smoke a flower with some tobacco. My asthma was gone for 2 hours then came back.

So not a perfect cure but definitely a short term remedy if desperate.

Smoking anything is bad... But as for psychoactive effects, I think smoking is pretty safe in moderation, just start small

Inhaled atropine causes bronchodilation, as a function of it's effects on the parasympathetic nervous system.
"There are many paths up the same mountain."

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Cognitive Heart
#22 Posted : 7/8/2014 6:47:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Nathanial.Dread wrote:
Inhaled atropine causes bronchodilation, as a function of it's effects on the parasympathetic nervous system.

Interesting.. this must be where the medical side of atropine comes from.

Another intriguing sub-forum here in combination with psychedelics..

Quote:
You're getting all excited for nothing. You apparently are unaware of the safe medical dosage range for Datura stramonium that has been used for hundreds of years. What you're talking about is caused by taking massive overdoses. He's using safe medicinal doses, not dangerous deliriant doses. There's a huge difference. Jimsonweed seeds are not even remotely close to the doses needed to trip on it. For that you need 100-1000 seeds.
3 seeds are ABSOLUTELY COMPLETELY SAFE. At that dose it works great to block the nausea produced by psychedelics, and can potentiate other psychedelics. It does next to nothing on its own at that dose. He's using it purely to enhance the effects of LSA.
Read up on it. The active alkaloid in Jimson weed seeds is hyoscyamine. 3 seeds typically contain about 96 micrograms of hyoscyamine. To trip on hyoscyamine you need in excess of 1500 micrograms (the maximum safe medicinal dose of hyoscyamine). It's completely impossible to trip on 3 seeds, and who would want to experience delirium anyway!

https://www.dmt-nexus.me/forum/default.aspx?g=posts&m=78725#post78725
'What's going to happen?' 'Something wonderful.'

Skip the manual, now, where's the master switch?

We are interstellar stardust, the re-dox co-factors of existence. Serve the sacred laws of the universe before your time comes to an end. Oh yes, you shall be rewarded.

Nathanial.Dread
#23 Posted : 7/8/2014 9:26:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Cognitive Heart wrote:
Nathanial.Dread wrote:

Very interesting, this must be where the medical side of atropine comes from.

Atropine and it's sibling molecule scopolomine are a hugely useful pair of compounds medically. Above and beyond just bronchodilation. Atropine acts as an anticholingeric antagonist of muscarininic ACh receptor which gives it activity all over the parasympathetic nervous system.

It can be used for a ton of things, including inducing mydriasis, reversing bradychardia and elevating heart rate, and it is one of the few molecules that will reverse organophosphate poisoning (organophosphates are molecules in the same category of mustard gas). It's also sometimes used in surgery.

Scopolomine is good for antinausea and a variety of other things.

The UN lists atropine as one of the essential drugs every country needs to have readily available in it's healthcare system.

It's a pretty great molecule, all told.
"There are many paths up the same mountain."

Cognitive Heart
#24 Posted : 7/9/2014 3:58:36 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Interesting info via cannabis combination..

Quote:
Deliriants work via their antagonistic action on acetylcholine receptors. Inhibition of acetylcholine leads to decreased levels of acetylcholine, causing delirium, sedation and intensely realistic hallucinations. In contrast, cannabis and caffeine have a reverse effect by inhibiting acetylcholine esterate, which breaks down acetylcholine. This leads to increased levels of acetylcholine and improved cognition and stimulation; thus cannabis has an inhibitory effect on deliriants.

http://psychonautwiki.org/wiki/Deliriants

Nigella sativa also has similar properties via inhibiting / improving acetylcholine levels.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24584756

We are interstellar stardust, the re-dox co-factors of existence. Serve the sacred laws of the universe before your time comes to an end. Oh yes, you shall be rewarded.

sheep
#25 Posted : 7/31/2014 6:31:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Nathanial.Dread wrote:

There is no 'set safe amount' for Datura for a number of reasons.

1) Every plant is different and depending on it's environment, it may produce a large number of tropanes or very little. There's no standardization, so it's impossible to say x-grams will be safe.
2) There's no data. Very few people experiment with dature and of those who do, even fewer are willing to go back and do analysis and bioassays at different doses to determine a dose-response curve.
3) It is so dangerous that very few people want responsibility for telling someone how to take it. Even the Erowid project, which will tell you how to safely cook meth and inject heroin, refuses to speculate on how much datura or brugmansia someone should take. Take a moment to think about that fact.

This guy is exactly right. I've done datura a number of times; sometimes I picked the leaves/flowers straight and made a tea right then and there, other times I dried them (which can help rid of the many toxins that this plant contains). A datura trip is much cleaner with dried leaves contrast to freshly picked leaves or flowers. If you eat or even smoke freshly picked potent datura leaves then you can get extremely sick and even die (of course).

While I'm just another individual who was dumb enough to try datura at high doses (really just period); I personally have experienced mix results with the substance. On one occasion during a trial from dried datura leaves I experienced a euphoric episode while I was driving. This was extremely interesting to me because I had never had a general positive body load and enjoyable episode during any datura trip whatsoever at high doses. Unfortunately this was followed by a very intense delirium mind state in which I was convinced that I was sober enough to drive yet I continued running off the road and at one point went into a ditch but somehow drove right out of it back on the road. I lost complete control of my free will and mind stuck inside a powerful void of endless delirium that kept reoccurring all night even though I would continue to remind myself that I was simply just on datura.

Smoking datura is very subtle to me. Someone said earlier that it puts them in a mild dream/hypnotic relaxed state and that is all I have ever gotten from smoking datura.

With all of that said I still find datura interesting because of how unique and alien it is from other hallucinogenics. The visuals, state of mind, and overall experience (especially taken oral) is defiantly like no other (not in a good way, typically). High doses of benadryl or ambien are really the only things I can compare to datura, but even then it's (through my eyes) in a class of it own.

Cognitive Heart
#26 Posted : 8/5/2014 3:01:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

sheep wrote:
A datura trip is much cleaner with dried leaves contrast to freshly picked leaves or flowers. On one occasion during a trail from dried datura leaves I experienced a euphoric episode while I was driving. This was extremely interesting to me because I had never had a general positive body load and enjoyable episode during any datura trip whatsoever at high doses. Unfortunately this was followed by a very intense delirium mind state in which I was convinced that I was sober enough to drive yet I continued running off the road and at one point went into a ditch but somehow drove right out of it back on the road. I lost complete control of my free will and mind stuck inside a powerful void of endless delirium that kept reoccurring all night even though I would continue to remind myself that I was simply just on datura. Smoking datura is very subtle to me. Someone said earlier that it puts them in a mild dream/hypnotic relaxed state and that is all I have ever gotten from smoking datura. With all of that said I still find datura interesting because of how unique and alien it is from other hallucinogenics. The visuals, state of mind, and overall experience (especially taken oral) is defiantly like no other (not in a good way, typically). High doses of benadryl or ambien are really the only things I can compare to datura, but even then it's (through my eyes) in a class of it own.

I find the medicinal aspects quite interesting with some validity for parkinsons. Also, seeing as you are quite experienced with datura, are you suggesting smoking the dried leaves not only disengages the toxic alkaloids..? But also giving way to euphoria, relaxation and mild hypnotica? If the main alkaloids are reduced or altered during the drying process.. what could be happening pharmacologically?

sheep
#27 Posted : 8/6/2014 5:35:24 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Datura primary consist of three main drugs that severely fuck you up. Atropine, scopolamine, and hyoscyamine. All of these are toxic and can cause poisoning (and also death). I'm just saying that drying the leaves and taking them orally (or just smoking datura of course) is much safer than not letting them dry out and eating them freshly picked. It doesn't disengage the toxic properties of these pesky tropane alkaloids completely but it weakens the compounds and minimizes the flu like symptoms (almost completely depending on dosage) that datura is known for (because of the diminished potency) which leads to a much more mellow, cleaner, and enjoyable experience. All of my experiences with dried datura plants were distinctly different than non dried leaves, in fact my only experiences with fresh datura leaves was when I was induced with flu like symptons (posioning) which made the entire experience completely unpleasant.

It could just be a psychological thing for it is a hallucinogenic but in a nut shell I can conclude that dried leaves have diminished potency and are much safer than just for someone to walk in the woods and eat some datura flowers straight up without drying them out or smoking them or extracting the compound or whatever they decide to do with that horrific flower.

When it comes down to getting high on datura you are pretty much just rolling the dice for the potency can be so different for every flower. You may eat a couple freshly picked flowers and feel nothing, or you may eat one dry flower and die. My personal experiences just happened to be more pleasant with the dried flowers/leaves.

Cognitive Heart
#28 Posted : 8/7/2014 4:33:52 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thank you for the clarity. I shall report in time.

Coja
#29 Posted : 9/9/2014 6:00:38 AM

DMT-Nexus member

If interested in this line of plants, consider trying henbane foliage. Cured henbane foliage has a great odor and produces a pleasant, thick smoke and overdoing it doesn't seem to lead to as much of a completely parched feeling. Little puffs of cured leaf on an aya experience are interesting without throwing a person for a complete loop too.

hummus
#30 Posted : 9/19/2014 12:15:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

GOD
#31 Posted : 9/19/2014 2:59:42 PM
DMT-Nexus member

When i was 16 i read books by ignorant people who had no direct experience . They talked about knowledge , power and plant spirits and allys .

One of the plants they talked about was datura . It was said to be the most powerfull but most dangerous ally . All the other plant allys were easy to use / control / dominate . Datura was said to be the only one that one could never beat ...... one could only live with it = make a sort of dangerous truce where you permanently have to have one eye looking over your shoulder . Where one could never relax and one had to live as if one was being pemanently stalked by a dangerous spirit .

I chose datura as my ally and (ab)used it for several years regularly . I smoked and ate all the different parts of it and injected pure atropin and ate pure scopolamine in different doses .

I made creams out of extracts and rubbed it on my forarms or the soles of my feet or on my temples . I also bought asthma tea . The dose was so small that it was hardly noticable .

Atropin was a total waste of time . Scopolamine was the " easyest " to dose and the plant parts were totaly unpredictable . The reasons for that have already been explained here .

The dose and the effects are unpredictable . A small does one day will do nothing and the same dose a few days later will have a strong effect .

I never had a good trip and i have never heard of anyone who has had a good trip . The only thing i learned was that datura is not a recreational drug and i have never seen or heard of anyone who used it regularly that didnt show clear signs of mental illness / confusion .

It is a deleriant = there isnt much point in takeing it because it makes one ...... delerious = you cant make head nor tail of it and you cant trust it ......... it also messes your memory up = you cant remember what you have just done or said and you cant remember a lot of what happened afterwards .

There are 4 doses that are so near together and the content so variable that its not possible to be sure what a dose will do . After the doses that have already been described there is another one . Sometimes a dose that would normaly kill doesnt . I had it .

It was on pure scopolamin . It took 2 - 3 days to get to the peak . The peak lasted fo about 6 weeks and the come down lasted about 2 years . The effects are like a chemicaly induced psychosis where i could trust NOTHING . Typical effects are that you see someone , talk to them , hug them ...... and then they get up and walk away through a wall . I met the devil and fought with him and " beat " him . What i didnt realise then was that the devil doesnt exist . It was a projection from deeper in my mind . Not language symbolism . The subconscious projecting a stereotype image into my brain when i wanted to do something dangerous . I " beat " the image ....... and then went on to do something that was a mistake = I didnt best it i ignored it and ......... walked naked through the streets howling like a wolf . In the state i was in i would have killed anyone without batting an eyelid .

In a way datura is a test ally ......... the test is .......... how naive are you ? = IF a person does sensible research in the net they wouldnt try to use the plant recreationaly or in an ignorant attempt to gain " shamanistic power " ......... that means stear clear of web sites and forums where people are talking about daemons , spirits and allys as if they realy exist . Those are ways for people to describe things that they dont understand . Those spirits , daemons and allys dont exist ........ except in peoples fantasy .

People who decide to try datura inspite of the facts should ask themselves why it isnt illegal ? The answer is that governments dont think that anyone would be stupid enough to abuse it .

The sad truth is that the most people who use drugs abuse them and themselves . Drugs are not for everyone ....... and it seems that a hell of a lot of people with mental problems and latent mental problems are attracted to them = Mostly not good for them and others who use drugs .
I am autism spectum ........ please dont burn me at the stake for being honest .

PREV12