We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
FASA A/B tek failure? Options

LRx
#1 Posted : 6/14/2013 2:20:31 AM

Join us, friends

Hello DMT-NeXus,

I hope everyone is doing well today. I did my second extraction last night, and I used xylene because I wanted to try the FASA technique. Now, I used 100g of MHRB and I had NO fumarate precipitation when I added the anhydrous FASA to the combined xylene pulls. The jar containing the pulls DID indeed cloud up when I added the FASA to the (piss yellow) xylene. After waiting for quite some time, I got discouraged and did a water wash to the xylene to pull the alkaloids into the water (after research) and I then evaporated the water. I was left with a glob of jungle spice (pictured) however my xylene remains yellow. (Also pictured)
There's gotta be DMT in there still... It just doesn't make sense... It couldn't still be in my mimosa mud, could it? I did an acid cook for 16 hours... (low, crockpot)

Should I just evaporate the xylene to get all of the DMT that I did not manage to extract? Also, I am aware that if I evaporate, it will be freebase DMT that will be in the dish, alongside impurities/fumaric acid (from the FASA) in there as well.

Thanks for the help to anyone who can assist! I have been using these forums 24/7 for assistance, and it's much appreciated.
LRx attached the following image(s):
image.jpg (1,575kb) downloaded 89 time(s).
image.jpg (2,206kb) downloaded 90 time(s).
-LRx

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

LRx
#2 Posted : 6/16/2013 1:33:37 AM

Join us, friends

Hello everyone,

So I have evaporated my xylene and this is what I am left with.
You can't tell me that this is all that I have! Is there a chance that the DMT is still in the lye solution?!
LRx attached the following image(s):
image.jpg (2,217kb) downloaded 78 time(s).
-LRx

wearepeople
#3 Posted : 6/16/2013 6:34:14 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Have you weighed what you pulled?

I find that goo is surprisingly dense compared to fluffy DMT.

+ ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- DMT Nexus Research ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- +

LRx
#4 Posted : 6/16/2013 7:51:05 AM

Join us, friends

Hello wearepeople,
Unfortunately, I did not.
Its fine though, I will be doing a third extraction using heptane this time.
I will just avoid using xylene for my first pulls from now on.
Thank you for your reply!
-LRx

darellmatt
#5 Posted : 6/16/2013 9:09:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Dear Lrx,

You said you waited "quite some time" after adding the FASA.
Just curious how long did you actually wait? I have done a couple of FASI precips. They all looked milky after adding the FASI, then they gradually went clear and looked like they weren't going to do anything.
Then after at least 24 hours crystals started to grow.

Also, I did my pulls using FASI because I can buy 99.9% isopropyl off the shelf. How dry was your acetone? If your acetone had even a gram of water remaining in it your product may not precipitate.

Good luck.

LRx
#6 Posted : 6/16/2013 10:18:28 PM

Join us, friends

darellmatt wrote:
Dear Lrx,

You said you waited "quite some time" after adding the FASA.
Just curious how long did you actually wait? I have done a couple of FASI precips. They all looked milky after adding the FASI, then they gradually went clear and looked like they weren't going to do anything.
Then after at least 24 hours crystals started to grow.

Also, I did my pulls using FASI because I can buy 99.9% isopropyl off the shelf. How dry was your acetone? If your acetone had even a gram of water remaining in it your product may not precipitate.

Good luck.

Hello darellmatt,

Thank you for your reply. I have taken everything into consideration that you have said and will keep that in mind for the next time I play around with FASA. I waited about 36 hours for something to happen but nothing did. I assume my FASA was simply not anhydrous enough. Would you recommend FASI instead of FASA? My next extraction will be using heptane, but I may do the last of the pulls with xylene, just to give this another attempt. Thanks so much.
-LRx