We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Has anyone tried extracting from alicia anisopetala? Options

Herbaldreams
#1 Posted : 6/14/2013 2:10:05 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I realize that at the moment no ones quite certain what the actives in this vine are, but I am curious if anyone has tried to make an extraction from it aside simply boiling it down.

Has anyone tried manske or raising the ph to see if anything precipitates out?

I might have to give it a try.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Grower
#2 Posted : 8/21/2013 12:36:02 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I have set some seeds now.
Did you do any experimentation/extraction on the Black Ayahuasca?
Growing active and sacred plants and mushrooms is fun.
Chemistry and technology is fun.
Anger, violence and restricting rules are NO fun...

Herbaldreams
#3 Posted : 8/21/2013 1:03:53 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I still need to. I have a bottle of it boiled up thats starting to get kind of old. I figure trying to extract from it is probably the way to go now.

I also have 2 alicia anisopetala vines. They aren't large enough to harvest vine from yet, but I was thinking about harvesting the leaves and trying to do an extraction on them. Find out if they really have dmt in them or not.

SnozzleBerry
#4 Posted : 8/21/2013 3:08:32 AM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

I've extracted something from A. anisopetala, as have a few others. It's a bizarre/inefficient result.

The lab found no DMT present in either the vine or leaves from this species.
Wiki โ€ข Attitude โ€ข FAQ
The Nexian โ€ข Nexus Research โ€ข The OHT
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
ื’ื ื–ื” ื™ืขื‘ื•ืจ

brokenChild
#5 Posted : 10/2/2013 5:10:59 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I've tried boiling 250g down and using for MAO inhibition, turned out a dud as well. No special characteristics under black light either it seems. Figured it was worth posting for more complete feedback, save someone else the time

3rdI
#6 Posted : 10/2/2013 9:53:34 AM

veni, vidi, spici

I got same brown/black crystals when I extractined from AA and Boa and Sky Blue
INHALE, SURVIVE, ADAPT

it's all in your mind, but what's your mind???

fool of the year

SnozzleBerry
#7 Posted : 10/2/2013 3:17:45 PM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

brokenChild wrote:
I've tried boiling 250g down and using for MAO inhibition, turned out a dud as well.

Are you saying that 250g gave you no effects whatsoever, or simply did not make the dmt orally active?
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
ื’ื ื–ื” ื™ืขื‘ื•ืจ

ntwhtyouknw
#8 Posted : 10/2/2013 6:32:33 PM

You do not have to see alike, feel alike or even think alike in order spiritually to be alike

3rdI did you bioassay any of those extracts?
Toadfreak!

Travel like a king
Listen to the inner voice
A higher wisdom is at work for you
Conquering the stumbling blocks come easier
When the conqueror is in tune with the infinite
Every ending is a new beginning
Life is an endless unfoldment
Change your mind, and you change your relation to time
Free your mind and the rest will follow

brokenChild
#9 Posted : 10/2/2013 11:14:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

SnozzleBerry wrote:
brokenChild wrote:
I've tried boiling 250g down and using for MAO inhibition, turned out a dud as well.

Are you saying that 250g gave you no effects whatsoever, or simply did not make the dmt orally active?

I am saying I boiled 250g down, 3hr x 4 boils, reduced to 200mL, drank a little over half (about 150g) along with 50g p.viridis, and no (beneficial) effect, outside of nausea for about 45 mins. So I threw the rest away

3rdI
#10 Posted : 10/3/2013 10:16:55 AM

veni, vidi, spici

ntwhtyouknw wrote:
3rdI did you bioassay any of those extracts?

I have drunk about 50-100g of AA vine, which had very little in the way of noticeable effects on its own, I didn't add any oral DMT but I did smoke some and it seemed to have an effect on the DMT experience but then again DMT is so varied it could have just been a placebo effect.

I didn't test the rest as im not to sure I want to be ingesting substances when I don't know what they are.
INHALE, SURVIVE, ADAPT

it's all in your mind, but what's your mind???

fool of the year

SnozzleBerry
#11 Posted : 10/3/2013 11:42:34 PM

omnia sunt communia!

brokenChild wrote:
SnozzleBerry wrote:
brokenChild wrote:

I am saying I boiled 250g down, 3hr x 4 boils, reduced to 200mL, drank a little over half (about 150g) along with 50g p.viridis, and no (beneficial) effect, outside of nausea for about 45 mins. So I threw the rest away

This does not jive with my experiences with A. anisopetala at all.

At 35g, I had noticeable effects beyond placebo, including increased temperature and changes in color and spatial perception.

Personally, I don't know whether or not it can orally activate DMT, but ime it is psychoactive on its own. To what degree remains to be seen. I would not advise anyone to throw their material away, nor would I consider your experience to be "conclusive" regarding this plant.
ื’ื ื–ื” ื™ืขื‘ื•ืจ

brokenChild
#12 Posted : 10/4/2013 12:35:02 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Interesting. Well, I can tell you that I have the vines, and am also positive it's Alicia. I can also tell you that what I posted is accurate to my experience. As far as the variables concerned, I don't know what could have been off. It was my first time trying the boil (or any ayahuasca related experience), and it certainly has a distinct odor separate from that of Caapi, also clear spring water (bottled) was used, with some vinegar for acidity.

Past that, nothing out of the ordinary. I will admit I'm not as sensitive as some when it comes to getting effects from smaller doses, I'm used to intoxicant of all kinds, but I'm also not immune to their effects. In any case maybe the vine was too old, or maybe I overcooked it somehow (tho I do not see how, it was low boil, and the reduction was done just below boiling point) So I dunno, that's all I can really say. I've also never found any conclusive feedback (online or otherwise) of someone actually using it for MAO Inhibition successfully, the only thing I've come across is a post that mentioned the one time it was successfully used as such was all from one vendor, which leads me to believe that maybe it was just mislabeled caapi.

In any case I chose to just switch it out for caapi, because it's not consistent enough for me to be messing around with, information on it is fairly ambiguous.

SnozzleBerry
#13 Posted : 10/4/2013 1:09:02 AM

omnia sunt communia!

brokenChild wrote:
the only thing I've come across is a post that mentioned the one time it was successfully used as such was all from one vendor, which leads me to believe that maybe it was just mislabeled caapi.

That was my post Wink

All I meant by that post was that it may be that the vendor in question was claiming the plant can do something most haven't experienced in the hopes of boosting sales. I don't know whether or not this is the case, just that it's interesting that only one person has reported success.

I agree with you that anyone looking for mao inhibition...or looking to ingest substances that we actually have some sense of what they are/what they do...should stick with caapi.

That said, I don't know that A. anisopetala should be ignored. We don't know what, if any traditional uses it has, we don't know what is in it, we don't know why people have reported a range of effects...there are a lot of questions that would be cool to see if we can answer.
ื’ื ื–ื” ื™ืขื‘ื•ืจ

brokenChild
#14 Posted : 10/4/2013 1:48:24 AM

DMT-Nexus member

^^I'm not disagreeing with you there either, I certainly don't think it should be ignored. After all, it exists... so there is a proper place for it, and I'm not against further exploration into its possible uses.

All I was getting at is anyone with similar interests as my own (particularly for the full and genuine ayahuasca experience) would be better off sticking to caapi.

Honestly I only bought it because the vendor had both names in the advertisement title (1LB Black Banisteriopsis Caapi (Alicia Spp.) ) In those exact words, so when I got it, and tried it, realized it wasn't caapi and dug through all the nexus threads, of course came out a bit disappointed. Thought I would save someone a similar experience.

wefollowthatriver
#15 Posted : 10/22/2013 4:49:57 AM
DMT-Nexus member

i boiled 112g AA for three days 6 hrs each day reducing all boils down to 1/2 of a cup and added 3-6g each of viridis and chaliponga in a different boil which i sipped till finished 20-30 minutes after drinking the AA and felt next to nothing the entire night except a less than mild effect similar to a st. johns wort pill, iv done research(reading) on this vine for over a year and expected to have no actives present themselves but i did it for another assay to the research. i believe it has value just not like true ayahuasca teas. i wouldnt use it again really. maybe if i was offered it or as an additive to an ayahuasca brew as an additional plant spirit, but not on its own.