We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
123NEXT
What do Psychedelics Teach You? Options

Walter D. Roy
#1 Posted : 6/9/2013 6:04:05 AM

DMT-Nexus member

What is it that psychedelics have taught you?

Right now, I feel like they have taught me silence.

What have psychedelics taught you that didn't already know? Something foreign?

When I say they have taught me/or still are teaching me, I am saying that my late encounters with psychedelics they seem to have this tone to it that is completely created from outside of me. I am not sure if this is common, or if its even possible that psychedelics communicate foreign ideas. But this tone they have been having lately seem to be communicating. Almost like music that you cannot hear. Its not like an encounter with an entity. An encounter like that feel like I am being taught through my own brain, like something is pulling me along and letting me know I already know this. But this seems to be a single tone that is completing its own round of errands. Something I don't already know, something that I haven't been taught, or even began to create inside my mind.

I am not entirely sure what I am getting at here, I still feel very new to psychedelics. This is just some of the stuff that has been going on in my head and I thought that maybe more experienced people on here could give me some guidance. I would love to hear what everyone thinks and has to say about this.

Walter
The Unknown = A Place to Learn

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Korey
#2 Posted : 6/9/2013 8:29:41 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Nothing really.

They've acted as catalysts to aide me in learning from myself. The lessons don't come from the psychedelics IME, they come from myself.
“The most compelling insight of that day was that this awesome recall had been brought about by a fraction of a gram of a white solid, but that in no way whatsoever could it be argued that these memories had been contained within the white solid. Everything I had recognized came from the depths of my memory and my psyche. I understood that our entire universe is contained in the mind and the spirit. We may choose not to find access to it, we may even deny its existence, but it is indeed there inside us, and there are chemicals that can catalyze its availability.”

Mustelid
#3 Posted : 6/9/2013 9:02:34 AM

DMT-Nexus member

They taught me how to draw and paint, at least they taught me a technique of relaxing, and not bogging down on the details, to let the feeling and composition flow. That the little details can come later if ever, and shading doesn't have to be mathematically precise, and in fact a lot expression comes with creative use of light and shadow.

Also, psychedelics taught me that linear time is just a psychological perception.

One valuable thing they taught me is that opiate euphoria is a lonely, sad, infantile, and filthy security blanket that needed to be discarded.

rjb
#4 Posted : 6/9/2013 10:18:47 AM

DMT-Nexus member

They have taught me how to get to know myself. It's an ongoing process that will probably go on for the rest of my life, but they planted the seed that started the process. They taught me that "you are you" and how to be comfortable with that, because that's all there is anyway. This in turn lead to great improvement in social interaction, focus (concentration), love life and various other things that I initially thought unrelated but it's clear to me now that everything's connected, and not just a beautiful idea.
The truth...lies within.

Ancient Realms
#5 Posted : 6/9/2013 12:29:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

psychedelics have taught me how special it really is to be here on earth, here with you all on this amazing journey. they teach me how to live better in harmony and in sync with the world/ chemical soup we live in. never take anything for granted especially you life, your existence, our existence and most of all our home the Earth Smile and of course everything everyone else has posted.

love and light <3

Parshvik Chintan
#6 Posted : 6/9/2013 2:11:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

that all of the furless apes don't have a clue (including me)
My wind instrument is the bong
CHANGA IN THE BONGA!

Orion
#7 Posted : 6/9/2013 2:51:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Absolutely nothing at all.

As I say this, my subconscious soul and a DMT entity are nudging and winking at each other.
Art Van D'lay wrote:
Smoalk. It. And. See.

Jin
#8 Posted : 6/9/2013 3:39:57 PM

yes

much
illusions !, there are no illusions
there is only that which is the truth

Walter D. Roy
#9 Posted : 6/9/2013 4:59:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

This is all great guys! Thanks for the replies, it is really wonderful for me to see that psychedelics have just a beneficial effect on people's lifes Love

So would you think that it is insanity or pointless to try to learn foreign ideas or theories from psychedelics?

anon_003
#10 Posted : 6/9/2013 7:15:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I agree with Korey; the lessons don't come from the psychedelics themselves, but instead your own mind. Your mind just connects the dots in a different way that makes certain things apparent in a way that they can't as easily be when you're sober. However, if you train yourself to raise awareness in everyday life through means such as meditation, you may find that you can gain almost as much valuable insight totally sober!

Once in a while, you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

Global
#11 Posted : 6/9/2013 9:38:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Music, LSDMT, Egyptian Visions, DMT: Energetic/Holographic Phenomena, Integration, Trip Reports

I have to disagree with a lot of the repliers to the OP here. I can relate to those replies because there is a lot of truth to them in the sense that they can help connect a lot of dots, have you teach yourself in however many creative and vague fashions, but then on the other hand, I have had the rare experience here and there where the experience is being presented in a full teacher-student lesson format - complete with demonstration, narration and explanation. There are some finely crafted lesson packages out waiting to unfold in hyperspace. They can narrate and talk quickly and logically about the on-goings of the unfolding topic at rates faster than I would be able to realize or understand or fabricate what might be going on. Integrative learning tends to come later, and this is where it seems many are referring to what they've learned or taught themselves, but when it takes place in the heart of the experience, and not through associations but through direct "word of mouth" of an entity, it's quite a different kind of learning, and it doesn't necessarily negate post-experience integration learning either.

I can recall two experiences off the top of my head that are written up somewhere here on the nexus. One was an explicit lesson in racism (Asian-themed) and the other was an explicit lesson/demonstration/explanation of how the mechanics of their multidimensional geometry works.
"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind" - Albert Einstein

"The Mighty One appears, the horizon shines. Atum appears on the smell of his censing, the Sunshine- god has risen in the sky, the Mansion of the pyramidion is in joy and all its inmates are assembled, a voice calls out within the shrine, shouting reverberates around the Netherworld." - Egyptian Book of the Dead

"Man fears time, but time fears the Pyramids" - 9th century Arab proverb

Ancient Realms
#12 Posted : 6/10/2013 2:06:46 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Jin wrote:
much

??

Metanoia
#13 Posted : 6/10/2013 2:46:16 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Global wrote:
I have to disagree with a lot of the repliers to the OP here. I can relate to those replies because there is a lot of truth to them in the sense that they can help connect a lot of dots, have you teach yourself in however many creative and vague fashions, but then on the other hand, I have had the rare experience here and there where the experience is being presented in a full teacher-student lesson format - complete with demonstration, narration and explanation. There are some finely crafted lesson packages out waiting to unfold in hyperspace. They can narrate and talk quickly and logically about the on-goings of the unfolding topic at rates faster than I would be able to realize or understand or fabricate what might be going on. Integrative learning tends to come later, and this is where it seems many are referring to what they've learned or taught themselves, but when it takes place in the heart of the experience, and not through associations but through direct "word of mouth" of an entity, it's quite a different kind of learning, and it doesn't necessarily negate post-experience integration learning either.

I would have to agree with this. At one point I did believe that it was all just connecting dots, putting things together myself, but now I see it this way. After several experiences recently where I was given knowledge of things well beyond my comprehension, I adopted this view. There is an implicit sense of being taught, like Global said, at frightening speed and with barely functioning recognition, until a later date when it begins to "click".

Just seeing integration as something separate, rather than it being the lesson itself.

DeDao
#14 Posted : 6/10/2013 3:38:16 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I agree with a lot of what has been said before. It is late and I am outside on a bad connection away from home so I will quickly make a list that comes to mind. Mind you that this is an insufficient list and I have not added all that should be noted. Also, as my fellow nexians have said before me: I don't not believe psychedelics teach you directly, but rather open yourself up in order to teach yourself these things. After all the universe and expansive knowledge that that universe has to offer is all within you, right?

Anyway, the list I promised:

-That I am a part of the universe but also the whole universe.
-That I am the creator of my reality.
-That I am you(similar to before)
-That the universe is infinite.
-Everything is relative.
-There is always more than meets the eye.
-That what I have been told by society is not the ultimate truth.
-Only I can know that ultimate truth^
-That I am God(note that this is personal teachings and I don't want to offend anyone)
-That I have social anxiety to a certain extent
-I was allowed to watch the universe start, or end, or reset. Which ever floats your boat.
-That ever moment is one continuous one.

Well I feel this is sufficient at the moment. I don't want to strain any more.
I hope you can relate to some of these. Remember that this is personal and may or may not clash with what you believe or feel.
"Think more than you speak"
"How do you get rid of the pain of having pain in the first place? You get rid of expectations"
"You are everything that is. Open yourself to the love and understanding that is available."
"To see God, you have to have met the Devil."
"When you know how to listen, everyone becomes a guru."
" One time, I didn't do anything, and it was so empty... Almost as if I wasn't doing anything. Then I wrote about it. It was fulfilling."

Walter D. Roy
#15 Posted : 6/10/2013 6:40:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

What is a universal lesson made by psychedelics? We all know that all humans have different ways of perceiving things, so what do we see as a trend?

-Simplicity
-Integrity

What does everyone else think?

Jees
#16 Posted : 6/10/2013 7:11:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

In my second traditional amazonian-type ayahuasca ceremony I got a sudden insight/ lesson, out of the blue, which I'm not going to tell, even my wife would not take me serious if I told her. I could not believe it myself and was rather angry because aya told me this, I was really pissed off for days by getting this message. It was like 1 year ago, and still I'm chewing on it, but all this time I was unable to counter-speak or counter-proof it. And looking behind veils and facades of people and of myself, it could be true in the end, helping me to understand human behavior in the core, facilitating true compassion much more easily.

Did the lesson come of aya, or out of myself?
I don't care, it took the both of us to manifest.

Orion
#17 Posted : 6/10/2013 7:41:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

For me it's not about learning about life or this world, it's about learning about what my brain is capable of. It's about exploring another innerverse with a completely different set of rules.
Art Van D'lay wrote:
Smoalk. It. And. See.

3rdI
#18 Posted : 6/10/2013 7:49:48 PM

veni, vidi, spici

Yesterday while out basking in the glory of the sun my psychedelic experience taught me that I cannot talk to sheep, I tried but they just stared at me, they looked puzzled.
INHALE, SURVIVE, ADAPT

it's all in your mind, but what's your mind???

fool of the year

Jees
#19 Posted : 6/10/2013 8:06:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

3rdI wrote:
...sheep... they just stared at me, they looked puzzled.

Don't take it too personal bro, they always do that Pleased

Jees
#20 Posted : 6/10/2013 8:10:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Orion wrote:
... It's about exploring another innerverse with a completely different set of rules.

Doing so, you automatically learn about life and the world too, like flip side of coin Wink
No?

123NEXT