We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
My Bro Threatens Violence and We All LOL! Options

Pandora
#1 Posted : 5/28/2013 11:43:29 PM

Got Naloxone?

Welcoming committeeSenior Member

I don't do facebook in any way, manner or form, but my husband does. Poor man, has my entire family linking to him on FB, including my brother.

My brother finally took my husband's advice to quit posting pics of his pot garden on his FB page . . . so that's some progress.

My husband checked my brother's (poor man has three kids, 15, 10 and 5 and his hair is falling out in alcopecia handfuls) page today and the top post was something to the effect of: "My 15 year old daughter got picked up by a 17 year old today and now they are going to the show together. I have a good collection of knives I am sharpening and there are lots of holes in Las Vegas."

Most of the replies were along the lines of, "Right on man!"

Oh how they grow up so quickly. How the innocence transforms so rapidly and before we know it we are greeting them in the Welcome Area of the Nexus. Razz
"But even if nothing lasts and everything is lost, there is still the intrinsic value of the moment. The present moment, ultimately, is more than enough, a gift of grace and unfathomable value, which our friend and lover death paints in stark relief."
-Rick Doblin, Ph.D. MAPS President, MAPS Bulletin Vol. XX, No. 1, pg. 2

Hyperspace LOVES YOU

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Michal_R
#2 Posted : 5/29/2013 12:04:52 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for sharing this nice story Smile

(What is "facebook", BTW? I haven´t done it either yet)

ZenSpice
#3 Posted : 5/29/2013 12:06:07 AM

Mostly Ignored

I personally reckon Facebook (and similar) are the precursor to an 'idiocracy' type society.

When I tell people I am not on there and give them an email address I have actually been told I am "old skool" lmao.. Such a very tragic state of affairs indeed >_<

Pandora
#4 Posted : 5/29/2013 12:30:12 AM

Got Naloxone?

LOL, not to derail my own thread, but this is the humor section. . . I remember someone in chat awhile back complaining his gf of multiple years had broken up with him via either a text or a FB post and someone replied, "Wow, you'd think that would at least warrant a Skype chat!"
"But even if nothing lasts and everything is lost, there is still the intrinsic value of the moment. The present moment, ultimately, is more than enough, a gift of grace and unfathomable value, which our friend and lover death paints in stark relief."

Hyperspace LOVES YOU

Metanoia
#5 Posted : 5/29/2013 4:34:15 AM

DMT-Nexus member

My daughter recently dated a fifteen year old, she's thirteen. Black kid that was almost as tall as I am (I'm 6'4" )

He was a nice kid, thankfully. Shook my hand. His grandaddy was a preacher. At least he had respect, and I didn't have to threaten him Very happy

Oh, how they do grow so fast.

And how quickly my hair turns gray. Very happy

Infinite I
#6 Posted : 5/29/2013 4:46:28 AM

JC

Pandora wrote:
LOL, not to derail my own thread, but this is the humor section. . . I remember someone in chat awhile back complaining his gf of multiple years had broken up with him via either a text or a FB post and someone replied, "Wow, you'd think that would at least warrant a Skype chat!"

Thats hilarious Big grin And posting pics of his weed plants thats crazy!

Parshvik Chintan
#7 Posted : 5/29/2013 4:50:58 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Infinite I wrote:
And posting pics of his weed plants thats crazy!

you misspelled stupid Laughing
My wind instrument is the bong
CHANGA IN THE BONGA!

Guyomech
#8 Posted : 5/29/2013 5:58:30 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Oil painting, Acrylic painting, Digital and multimedia art, Trip integration

I saw a harried middle aged dude the other day with this T-shirt:

D.A.D.D.
Dads Against Daughters Dating

I'll be sixty when our girl turns 18. So I'll already be gray; she'll have to come up with something more creative.

ZenSpice
#9 Posted : 5/29/2013 11:19:34 AM

Mostly Ignored

Parshvik Chintan wrote:
Infinite I wrote:
And posting pics of his weed plants thats crazy!

you misspelled stupid Laughing

Not sure which is worse.. Posting images of weed on a social network (complete with personal identifying information) or posting a video of hitting the spice on youtube..

Both would get my 'golden dildo' award Big grin

Ringworm
#10 Posted : 5/29/2013 12:59:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Pandora wrote:
I have a good collection of knives I am sharpening and there are lots of holes in Las Vegas."

A better plan would be to:
1. Create a good role model of what a man should be. This involves doing dishes and treating your wife with respect
2. Teaching your daughter right from wrong through actions
3. Making sure that your daughter never needed anyone else to make her feel better.... That she is a complete and whole individual.

I know I know... this is hard stuff. If done properly tho, you shouldn't have anything to fear, your daughter should be just fine to take care of herself.

rw
"We're selling more than a cracker here," Krijak said. "We're selling the salty, unctuous illusion of happiness."

DeDao
#11 Posted : 5/29/2013 1:26:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hehe, I think RingWorm is the only one taking it seriously.
"Think more than you speak"
"How do you get rid of the pain of having pain in the first place? You get rid of expectations"
"You are everything that is. Open yourself to the love and understanding that is available."
"To see God, you have to have met the Devil."
"When you know how to listen, everyone becomes a guru."
" One time, I didn't do anything, and it was so empty... Almost as if I wasn't doing anything. Then I wrote about it. It was fulfilling."

ZenSpice
#12 Posted : 5/29/2013 1:49:10 PM

Mostly Ignored

Pandora
#13 Posted : 5/31/2013 3:11:14 PM

Got Naloxone?

My bro has already accomplished precisely what Ringworm detailed and so much more. It comes through when we hang with our niece. BUT, that does NOTHING to negate his worries an concerns as a father, Razz.

Hyperspace LOVES YOU

ZenSpice
#14 Posted : 5/31/2013 3:21:24 PM

Mostly Ignored

Ringworm
#15 Posted : 6/1/2013 12:22:14 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Pandora wrote:
My bro has already accomplished precisely what Ringworm detailed and so much more. It comes through when we hang with our niece. BUT, that does NOTHING to negate his worries an concerns as a father, Razz.

Awesome. Happy to hear it. I think I *may* have read the context incorrectly (easy to do ya know, text is so flat).

I dunno... with my kids, I just have to not worry that things will work out, plus the mrs will worry enough for both of us.
"We're selling more than a cracker here," Krijak said. "We're selling the salty, unctuous illusion of happiness."

Inner Paths
#16 Posted : 6/1/2013 1:42:30 AM

Secretary of the Interior

ZenSpice wrote:
I personally reckon Facebook (and similar) are the precursor to an 'idiocracy' type society.

This quote and thread has inspired me to cut back on facebook. Not that I was spending all my time on there but usually a half hour or so in the morning and then again in the evening to scroll through pictures of people I don't really know that well meals for the day or some useless bit of information like that someone is shaving and going to bed!

More power to people that use it for that but I was mainly on there for networking my guitar lessons and gigs and to read up on any interesting pages I liked and interesting world events. I was wasting at least an hour a day reading about other peoples inanities when I should be working on my own inanities, ha ha!

Thanks Nexus! Sorry to derail...

P.S. Oh, and as for an "idiocracy" society, we're on our way! (love the movie "Idiocracy" to death though, so many quotable parts from it).
"The love I've made is the shape of my space"

Pandora
#17 Posted : 6/9/2013 5:00:28 PM

Got Naloxone?

Grrrr, teenagers! She lied about her date and got caught and now is grounded for the Summer. Claimed they went to a movie my brother had seen, then when he asked her about what happened in the movie, she choked.

I guess she'll not quickly learn that at her age my brother was the worst teenager ever and thus knows all the tricks.

Hyperspace LOVES YOU

Orion
#18 Posted : 6/9/2013 6:08:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

This is why I don't believe I could ever be a parent, they hypocrisy would screw with my head too much.
Art Van D'lay wrote:
Smoalk. It. And. See.