We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
experience of harmala effects on iboga/ibogaine Options

mindash
#1 Posted : 5/28/2013 5:44:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

just some quick info i felt i should share. 3 years when i took ibogaine i thought i was just super sensitive to its effects especially when 150mg of hcl would lead to full on effects but recently i underwent another flood and even after consuming 3 grams of TA and 900mg of Hcl i was nowhere near where i was 3 years ago then it clicked. the 2 weeks prior to taking ibogaine i was ingesting harmala alkaloids twice daily and drinking mimosa brew so i can only assume the buildup of harmine in my system is what lead to these effects and over the 2 week period that i ingested the ibogaine the only time i noticed any worrying effects was the one night i decided to mix mimosa with it as well so i dont suggest doing that but having the harmalas already present in ones system in lower amounts may lend to less iboga consumption. i've since had extensive cardiac testing done including ekg's and an echo stress test (found out my symptoms are actually due to asthma) but my heart shows absolutely no signs of damage from any of this and is remarkably healthy for being a 15 year smoker with high cholesterol. food for thought

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

mindash
#2 Posted : 5/29/2013 5:07:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

i should Sate for the record that i did not take the harmine the same day i took the iboga the effects were due to residual buildup. this is somthing that should not be attempted outside of a clinical setting as well but figured it could be beneficial information for treatment providers/clinics to help cut back on iboga deforestation which i've heard to be an issue as of recent as it normally takes 1 tree per addict which is usually at least 11 years old. be safe