We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV456
Swims Peganum Harmala Extraction Options

plumsmooth
#101 Posted : 3/18/2010 8:30:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
even if harmala red raises its filmy head, so what? Continue the extraction as you normally would, it doesnt change anything.

I'm a little confused by this statement. IF, and maybe I'm missing something, Harmala Red is forming out of pure harmaline/harmine, then how is its formation not changing anything; unless, you are saying that it is forming out of other byproducts/impurities of the extraction, hence the bigger yields you refer to:
Quote:
Actually, I have gotten better yields of harmalas from the same batch of rue when using my handy computer fan to evaporate the alcohol and create the dreaded harmala red than boiling it down.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

SnozzleBerry
#102 Posted : 3/18/2010 8:43:29 PM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

plumsmooth wrote:
Quote:
even if harmala red raises its filmy head, so what? Continue the extraction as you normally would, it doesnt change anything.

I'm a little confused by this statement. IF, and maybe I'm missing something, Harmala Red is forming out of pure harmaline/harmine, then how is its formation not changing anything; unless, you are saying that it is forming out of other byproducts/impurities of the extraction, hence the bigger yields you refer to:
Quote:
Actually, I have gotten better yields of harmalas from the same batch of rue when using my handy computer fan to evaporate the alcohol and create the dreaded harmala red than boiling it down.

I never said it was forming out of pure harmine/harmaline, that's what you are missing. Harmala red is not forming out of pure harmaline/harmine, it's forming in the acidified alcoholic extract, which is full of all kinds of stuff in addition to harmine and harmaline. I have not seen any verifiable data on the actual composition of harmala red and am talking solely from my own experiences with the whiterasta extraction.

peace
SB
WikiAttitudeFAQ
The NexianNexus ResearchThe OHT
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
גם זה יעבור

plumsmooth
#103 Posted : 3/18/2010 11:15:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

P.S. My main interest stems from originally thinking that ethanol clean up was the quickest and best way to further purify and clean the residual salt from a Manske Rue Extraction. As a matter of fact it worked perfectly the first time. I saw the salt and some other junk fall to the bottom and I poured through coffee filter and a lovely yellow powder formed with absolutely no traces of red. The second time I did the exact same thing, but a clearly harmala red formed mostly around the top sides of the pyrex pie plate. This really through me off then I found information here on the nexus. The other thing I'm a little confused about, but may be getting off topic, is that it seems the purified harmaline and harmine I've seen here at the nexus, are white and tan respectively. My Manske extract has always been yellowish needles after 3-4 salt purifications. I'm guessing that hydrochlorides, acetates and base products have different colors? Can someone verify this?

Phlux-
#104 Posted : 4/4/2010 8:47:16 AM

The Root

Chemical expertSenior Member

yep the different forms can be different colors - and other factors can alter the color too - like speed of xtal formation - amount of water used - collection technique - etc...
antrocles wrote:
...purity of intent....purity of execution....purity of experience...

...unlike the "blind leading the blind". we are more akin to a group of blind-from-birth people who have all simultaneously been given the gift of sight but have no words or mental processing capabilites to work with this new "gift".

IT IS ONLY TO THE EXTENT THAT WE ARE WILLING TO EXPOSE OURSELVES OVER AND OVER AGAIN TO ANNIHILATION THAT WE DISCOVER THAT PART OF OURSELVES THAT IS INDESTRUCTIBLE.

Quote:
‹Jorkest› the wall is impenetrable as far as i can tell

Quote:
‹xtechre› cheese is great

He who packs ur capsules - controls your destiny.

behindthelight
#105 Posted : 4/1/2012 9:09:06 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Can someone explain something to me please? At the end of the first post in this thread, there is a bottle with the rue powder in it and he says, "Yield - 2.4% - not bad for a first attempt." Then Phlux replies and says "now how to purify it".

What is actually in that bottle? Is it not harmine or harmiline? Why does it need to be purified?

Thanks for the help.

«PREV456