We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
MHRB Straight from the Tree? Options

DisEmboDied
#1 Posted : 5/26/2013 9:43:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

There does not seem to be much information about harvesting MHRB straight from the tree. There are many Mimosa trees around where I live, but I am not completely sure what to do with them. If I can figure out how to get it straight from the tree, then I will be set for life and can then disregard ordering bark from the net and all the potential problems which can arise from that. That would also be the last thing that I have not yet done, since I have always just ordered MHRB or ACRB already powdered and ready to go.

This is some good info I found on the net:

"First off, you should leave your Mimosa hostilis plants that you wish to harvest from without water for the longest time possible (without killing the plant), that makes it for higher alkaloidal yield.

Then you should dig the ground around the roots and select the older ones, the thickest ones, these are much stronger than the new ones. Chop them off the main stem and cover with soil, then start to water it again as usual, allow your plant to recover so you can harvest roots each year from a few mother plants.

Allow them to dry under full sun, the bark will start to separate from the inner core, just pound it or cut 20cm long pieces of bark, allow to dry some more under full sun, when it becomes cracker dry its ready for storage."

Is there anything that can be added to this, any comments or suggestions, advice from those who have gone before me?

Peace, my fellow citizens of the planet!
Meditate before you venture, take it seriously, use it as medicinal—it is good psychotherapy if needed. Realize that you, the Earth, others, and the Universe are all one and the same process. Then take that knowledge back to become, as you already are, one with nature. Eternity in every moment. Divinity in every particle. All is one organism.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

DisEmboDied
#2 Posted : 5/26/2013 9:44:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I apologize if I have overlooked an abundant supply of info found somewhere already on this site.
Meditate before you venture, take it seriously, use it as medicinal—it is good psychotherapy if needed. Realize that you, the Earth, others, and the Universe are all one and the same process. Then take that knowledge back to become, as you already are, one with nature. Eternity in every moment. Divinity in every particle. All is one organism.

Parshvik Chintan
#3 Posted : 5/26/2013 10:14:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
Imagine a circle around the plant, with the plant in the center, and extending out one to three feet (depending on the plant the roots may extend much further than this, you can follow them away from the plant as far as you need). Now divide the circle into 4 equal sections (Like cutting a pie into four peices). Roots from only one of these sections will be harvested. Start digging up the section and saving the roots that you come across. Don't dig to close to the stem/trunk of the plant. You can get pretty close but leave a couple inches. You don't want to damage the plants tap root. Your pretty much just going for lateral roots. Once you have dug out all of the roots you can find from that section than fill the hole back in. The next year you will move clockwise (or counter-clockwise doesn't really mater) to the next section and repeat this process. It should take 4-years to make it all the way around the plant. On the 5th year you would harvest the 1st section again. This allows the plant to always retain enough root system to continue growing. Trimming the roots like this usually stimulates a lot of above ground growth as well.

http://www.entheogen-network.co...opic.php?f=10&t=7391
My wind instrument is the bong
CHANGA IN THE BONGA!

DisEmboDied
#4 Posted : 5/27/2013 5:13:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Something else I have been trying to find, is how big or mature must a mimosa tree be before harvesting from it? 4 feet, 8, feet, 12, etc?...

iracema
#5 Posted : 6/2/2013 5:36:42 AM

DMT-Nexus member

if you're willing to go wild alone, better take some precautions.
some dangerous snakes love aired jurema roots, for a resting spot or while changing skin (forcing the skin off between roots).
do it in open spaces, have a stick in hand and keep looking around, they can get to you fast.
it´s good to have a friend or a dog, for alert.

atitlanlabs
#6 Posted : 9/22/2015 3:34:12 AM
DMT-Nexus member

the steps you have mentioned are the right ones, and yeah, you have to be careful with snakes and other animals.