We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Informal Survey on HPPD Options

Gecko12
#1 Posted : 5/24/2013 7:19:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

There has been much talk recently about the scientific merit of HPPD (Hallucinogen Persisting Perception Disorder). For those who don't know, this is essentially a long term "flashback" (loosely put) that may take weeks to months to go away, or never go away at all. (i.e you use a hallucinogen and the perceptual phenomenon (tracers etc.) tend to linger for a given period of time. You can Google the topic for a more detailed explanation).

I'm sure that many in the Nexian community have experimented with more than one hallucinogen, be it LSD, Psilocybin, DMT, mescaline, etc. My question to you all is: Have you have had a period of time post-use of any of these substances where you felt like you were in a "flashback mode" or the effects didnt ware off as quickly as you expected? How long did it last and what hallucinogen were you using at that time?

I have a hypothesis about this and I want to see how it holds up to real-world use of these compounds.

Thanks,

Gecko

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Nathanial.Dread
#2 Posted : 5/25/2013 4:22:09 AM

DMT-Nexus member

The first few times after I took mushrooms, I would occasionally have moments where everything would go 'funny.' That's the only way I could describe it, it wasn't tracers or color enhancement or patterns or anything, it was just that things seemed 'different.'

Spells would usually last a few seconds, and eventually went away.

That's all I've got.
"There are many paths up the same mountain."

fry
#3 Posted : 5/25/2013 5:10:01 AM

DMT-Nexus member

in 2002 for a 3 month period I took mdmd/mda pills of unknown amount 4+ times a week 4-5 pills a night (2 would floor anyone else).
they were basically free.

for short of a year I would see tracers off most anything bright at night and large vibrant halos around street lights, the worst was LED tail lights, they apparently run at a lower hz value when no brakes are applied because all I would see it lines of dots slowly fading, I had to back way off or change lanes a few times because smoking weed made it stronger.
but this was mild I never heard of hppd and actually accepted it as a new thing I had to deal with.

a few years later I got some bunk acid ( some DOx) took 3 hits and felt fine until 18 hours later I was still tripping and felt like garbage, the next day after I recovered a friend stopped over with a few doobies and half way through the first one a I had to tap out because my whole body went numb then I had my first panic attack, I thought I was having a heart attack but didn't want to freak my friend out because he knew nothing and I wasn't about to try and explain then so I stumbled to the bathroom and came back feeling him I read sick and he should probably leave.
I sat down and then woke up many hours later in the same position I was in when I sat down.
Im still not sure what exactly happened, probably not hppd but thought it deserved mentioning.

recently I took 4g of mushrooms then smoked .3 of deems and for a few days after I had mild peripheral distortions, mushrooms alone have never done this and I don't know how many times I have taken mushrooms.

nexalizer
#4 Posted : 5/25/2013 5:13:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Never, save for once that I don't think really fits HPPD.

It had been a couple of days after an acid trip, I was playing guitar and smoking some weed, and suddenly the colors and the acid mindspace came back. It went away after some minutes. Heard it's quite common.

Other than that, not really. I've experimented with LSD, mushrooms, mdma and ayahuasca.
This is the time to really find out who you are and enjoy every moment you have. Take advantage of it.