We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
An Attitude Entrance Exam? Options

Doodazzle
#21 Posted : 5/23/2013 11:13:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Sure to remove more flowers than weeds, with an exam like that. Really gross.

"Whoever undertakes to set himself up as a judge of Truth and Knowledge is shipwrecked by the laughter of the gods." Albert Einstein

I appreciate your perspective.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

ZenSpice
#22 Posted : 5/23/2013 11:43:44 PM

Mostly Ignored

I made the nexus the one and only forum I joined in many years now, simply because I really liked what I saw and what it was about. No sooner than I join and I see more and more comments about how it some how needs to change in some way.. like this form of iconography is X or this way of doing things is Y or we need to add a Z in order to vet further..

Where I was once enthused, this has made me want to visit the place less, simply using it as a resource of information.

Make of this what one will, I personally feel it is regretful from my own humble seeking and observing perspective. Neutral

Journeymann
#23 Posted : 5/23/2013 11:51:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

ZenSpice wrote:
I made the nexus the one and only forum I joined in many years now, simply because I really liked what I saw and what it was about. No sooner than I join and I see more and more comments about how it some how needs to change in some way.. like this form of iconography is X or this way of doing things is Y or we need to add a Z in order to vet further..

Where I was once enthused, this has made me want to visit the place less, simply using it as a resource of information.

Make of this what one will, I personally feel it is regretful from my own humble seeking and observing perspective. Neutral

I feel the same way too Zen because noone even asked me why I thought this would strengthen the Nexus. Reading through my posts everyone will see that I have been nothing but helpful to everyone. I am not leaving though. There are good souls here and just because there are misunderstandings (which happen in any family) I am still going to contribute, just in a different way now.

Don't give up, we are all different and have different points of views, and that is ok.

olympus mon
#24 Posted : 5/24/2013 2:53:38 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Tattooist specialized in indigenous art, Fine art, medium ink and pen.

Journeymann wrote:
Dioxippus wrote:
jamie said it already. The nursery works how it should, and people are either promoted or not based on their attitude there.

There are many reasons I didn't go to university, but those entrance exams were definitely one of the reasons. Smile

Nursery sounds alot more degrading to me than a entrance exam/prep test as I thought we were in a University and not a day care.

Corrects that's why we renamed it the Welcome Area.Dio is just use to the old terminology but we don't use that term any longer. I also personally don't use the term Newbie, and wish others wouldn't either. IMO even newbie sounds condescending and like something used by the cool kids club in middle school.Thumbs down

These types of threads and ideas pop up throughout each year and have the best intentions. However, as Jaime pointed out, the WELCOME area works. People that flip an attitude about it rarely get promoted unless they change their defensive attitude.

I am not gonna lie, shits gonna get weird!
Troubles Breaking Through? Click here.
The Art of Changa. making the perfect blend.

a1pha
#25 Posted : 5/24/2013 3:04:15 AM

Moderator | Skills: Master hacker!

olympus mon wrote:
However, as Jaime pointed out, the WELCOME area works.

Most of you don't see what goes on behind the scenes and barely notice a ripple in the water around here when a problem occurs. In addition, vetting new members goes mostly unnoticed... which means it's working. It is extremely rare for a contributing new member to be overlooked by the mods.

The Welcome Area was brilliantly executed and it really works. With the addition of the voting system it's as damn near perfect a solution as I've ever seen on a high-traffic forum like this. We nearly implemented an examination process for all new members but I feel it was becoming far too time-constraining on The Traveler. I think we all concluded it was overkill and unnecessary.

If it aint broke...
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored." -A.Huxley

PREV12