We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
syrian rue resin cleanup/purification? Options

concombres
#1 Posted : 5/21/2013 10:43:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Okay so what id like to do is do a few 30minute boils with only water & syrian rue seeds & then reduce & evaporate to yeild a crude resin. Ive done this once before & it worked well.
From there id like to further purify the resin to either powder or crystals using the cheapest & easiest method possible.
I was thinking maybe doing a manske to cleanup the resin but am not sure if it would work.
Product doesnt need to be extremely clean. Just enough that its no longer a resin or oil.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Parshvik Chintan
#2 Posted : 5/21/2013 11:00:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

this was my first extraction as well.

no sense evapping to a resin, just reduce the liquid and purify further from there (you would have to re-dissolve the resin in water anyway).

from there you can either precip it out with base (a la gibran2) or, as you said, manske.

i tried gibran's method with washing soda, and it came out really messy (sediment wouldn't decant. at the time i evap'd it and redissolved the base in water - which got REALLY messy. i was told a coffee filter is the proper solution - but only after the fact lol).

so i would recommend using either lye or CaOH, as both are reported to work better (which would make sense as they have a higher ph).

i have no direct experience with manske, but i hear it works wonders.
My wind instrument is the bong
CHANGA IN THE BONGA!