We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
Microdosing psilocybin Options

fonzi03
#21 Posted : 5/16/2013 11:04:28 PM
DMT-Nexus member

[quote=
jfadiman@gmail.com

[/quote]

I actually did send him an email. It would be awesome to get a reply and I will most definitely continue reading more of his research

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

dream
#22 Posted : 5/17/2013 1:22:39 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I guess sometimes less is more, or at least enough.

The Day Tripper
#23 Posted : 5/17/2013 3:47:59 AM

Rennasauce Man

Location: A Pale Blue Dot orbiting a GV2 Yellow Dwarf fusion powered Luminous Ball of Plasma at 30km/s
Never done it with mushrooms or psilocin/cybin, but i've successfully stopped a few migraines by taking ~4mg of 4-aco-dmt (acetylpsilocin), or half to a quarter of a tab of lsd.

One of the only things that works for me when i get the occasional debilitating migraine headache. Granted, that's about a threshold dose, but next time i'm going to try dosing lower, i ate half a tab of acid the first time used lsd for a migraine, then a quarter the second time. Noticed no difference in its ability to stop the headache. Might try an 8th of a tab, or a couple mgs of acetylpsilocin.

The goal would be finding the dose that doesn't affect me in any way other than relief from the migraine, if that's possible.

Never tried micro dosing on a regular basis/for non medicinal reasons.
"let those who have talked to the elves, find each other and band together" -TMK

In a society in which nearly everybody is dominated by somebody else's mind or by a disembodied mind, it becomes increasingly difficult to learn the truth about the activities of governments and corporations, about the quality or value of products, or about the health of one's own place and economy.
In such a society, also, our private economies will depend less upon the private ownership of real, usable property, and more upon property that is institutional and abstract, beyond individual control, such as money, insurance policies, certificates of deposit, stocks, etc. And as our private economies become more abstract, the mutual, free helps and pleasures of family and community life will be supplanted by a kind of displaced citizenship and by commerce with impersonal and self-interested suppliers...
The great enemy of freedom is the alignment of political power with wealth. This alignment destroys the commonwealth - that is, the natural wealth of localities and the local economies of household, neighborhood, and community - and so destroys democracy, of which the commonwealth is the foundation and practical means.” - Wendell Berry

Metanoia
#24 Posted : 5/17/2013 6:18:10 AM

DMT-Nexus member

jamie wrote:
DMTripper wrote:
I've always found anything under a gram rather uncomfortable.

I ate .6g of a batch of golden teaches last night and went for a solid 7 hours before I was feeling baselinish again..I was even having complex closed eye visions in the dark and when I went outside the whole sky had rainbows in it connecting the stars.

I have always been really sensitive to tryptamines but I did not expect THAT much from .6g. I have eaten doses in excess of 5g before so I definatly understand what thats all about. I had a pretty full spectrum of psychedelic effects last night. Are golden teachers just really potent or something? These mushrooms felt more like how I remember the potency of psilocbe cyans to be..maybe just a bit weaker.

I wanted to try microdosing soon but I will probly start with .1g..

Also, I have taken mushrooms 3 days in a row with very little to no tolerance experienced. I have done that a lot in the past. It is weird that some people have to wait 14 days etc after one experience..I can smoke DMT the next morning also with no tolerance noted..and technically there should be tolerance to DMT after mushrooms for the same durration of time that there is psilocybin tolerance.

God I wish I was like that! Anything less than a gram is pointless, I don't even achieve threshold effects. I seem to have a rather high tolerance to tryptamines. Nothing else, really. My tolerance for all other drugs is rather low.

Stupid brain Confused

Felnik
#25 Posted : 5/17/2013 2:04:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm a huge fan of low dose psilocybin .
It's a beautiful Thing . Spacing the doses out over
Days or weeks is effective for tolerance .
Overall it's fantastic, sometimes it can be a drag .
I think a clean diet and lifestyle can help get the most
Benefits from this .
The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible.
Arthur C. Clarke

http://vimeo.com/32001208

DeDao
#26 Posted : 5/17/2013 2:19:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Wow, it's amazing how you can get effects from this low of dose, especially repeated day after like that. Glad it works out for you Rolling eyes
"Think more than you speak"
"How do you get rid of the pain of having pain in the first place? You get rid of expectations"
"You are everything that is. Open yourself to the love and understanding that is available."
"To see God, you have to have met the Devil."
"When you know how to listen, everyone becomes a guru."
" One time, I didn't do anything, and it was so empty... Almost as if I wasn't doing anything. Then I wrote about it. It was fulfilling."

Michal_R
#27 Posted : 5/17/2013 2:44:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Felnik wrote:
...Spacing the doses out over Days or weeks is effective for tolerance...

Hi Felnik,

Would you mind sharing some more info on how you exactly work with microdosing psilocybin? How often / how much, details on your prefered diet etc...?

Thanks.

Felnik
#28 Posted : 5/17/2013 3:34:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

For me there's no real clear science to it. its just through trial and error that i've learned a little bit .

The first thing i've learned is that powdering the mushrooms in a coffee grinder and putting them in capsules is the best method I've found.

You can carefully measure the capsules and have a much better idea of dose range that way.
you can get the grams pretty exact and know better what your dealing with. they also travel better this way.

I really think the diet has alot to do with crappy interactions with mushrooms when taken at any dose including low doses. I think staying away from processed food,alcohol, excessive caffeine and eating whole foods etc. things we should be doing anyway really helps to get the most out of this. That being said sometimes the combo of low dose psilocybin and a cup of coffee is perfect. its hard to say exactly when and why this works but it can be great.

My thoughts are that taken every few days or even once a week can be effective . I find the afterglow lasts over days even with small doses so its not necessary to take them every day. This wouldn't work anyway as we already know as there are diminishing returns.

I use them sometimes when I'm in a depressed slump for a period of time, sometimes one small dose is enough to pull me out . Other times extending the doses over days or weeks is better. It all depends on how i'm feeling.

In most cases one 00 capsule is enough to feel good. If its really going good I will add another one an hour or so later to stack the dose. Beyond one capsule functioning in every day life becomes a bit challenging. But this will vary depending on the quality and potency of the mushrooms in question.

I've been sharing this method with a few other people and have had great results. It can be life changing. Most people cant believe how effective low doses can be and in many cases have been astounded by the results.

The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible.
Arthur C. Clarke

http://vimeo.com/32001208

fonzi03
#29 Posted : 5/18/2013 4:00:19 AM
DMT-Nexus member

The Day Tripper wrote:
Never done it with mushrooms or psilocin/cybin, but i've successfully stopped a few migraines by taking ~4mg of 4-aco-dmt (acetylpsilocin), or half to a quarter of a tab of lsd.

One of the only things that works for me when i get the occasional debilitating migraine headache. Granted, that's about a threshold dose, but next time i'm going to try dosing lower, i ate half a tab of acid the first time used lsd for a migraine, then a quarter the second time. Noticed no difference in its ability to stop the headache. Might try an 8th of a tab, or a couple mgs of acetylpsilocin.

The goal would be finding the dose that doesn't affect me in any way other than relief from the migraine, if that's possible.

1/8th to 1/10 tab cut with an exacto knife to get nice even doses seems to be the general consensus for cluster headaches, I havent read too much about migraines however I would be willing to guess that it would do the trick.

fonzi03
#30 Posted : 5/18/2013 4:04:56 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Felnik wrote:
I'm a huge fan of low dose psilocybin .
It's a beautiful Thing . Spacing the doses out over
Days or weeks is effective for tolerance .
Overall it's fantastic, sometimes it can be a drag .
I think a clean diet and lifestyle can help get the most
Benefits from this .

I completely agree about the lifestyle and diet! Ive been working out pretty hard and eating better/ adding the right supplements and normally that enhances mood and energy levels but combined with this it seems to be much more noticeable. I feel amazing, about 20 minutes after leaving the gym, for the rest of the night and seem to have been waking up in a much better mood.

I will compare the effects and it may even be better spacing it out, if so thats how ill continue it

fonzi03
#31 Posted : 5/18/2013 4:07:29 AM
DMT-Nexus member

05/16/13

7:30am Woke up and feeling extremely refreshed

8:12am Ate .20

9:00am Noticed I like it better than tea as its less intense.

11:00am Slight temporal headache.

12:45pm Food alleviated headache.

2:45pm Looking back it seems like a very light high but lasts almost all day.

9:00pm Not too much different throughout rest of day, weed high much more intense again.

05/17/13

7:40 Ate .20

9:35am Mild come up

10:15am Feeling good, much better visual acuity

10:40am Pattern seem to have more detail, I can vividly see the pattern in my jeans when looking at my phone in my hand

3:30pm Been yawning all day, although not tired

8:00pm Drank a free pre-workout and felt pretty motivated and lethargic at the gym. Noticed my pupils were very dilated (Ive had those symptoms from most pre-workout)

10:50pm Feel good after comedown, about to smoke a bowl and zone out to some real good music...probably some Mastodon and Tool!!!

Psychelexium528Hz*
#32 Posted : 5/18/2013 7:45:41 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Im really excited about the microdosing. The reports from you guys seams great!Smile
~We have been to the moon, we have charted the depths of the ocean and the heart of the atom, but we have a fear of looking inward to ourselves because we sense that is where all the contradictions flow together.~
Terence McKenna *Psychonaut*

The Day Tripper
#33 Posted : 5/19/2013 4:06:22 AM

Rennasauce Man

Location: A Pale Blue Dot orbiting a GV2 Yellow Dwarf fusion powered Luminous Ball of Plasma at 30km/s
fonzi03 wrote:
The Day Tripper wrote:

1/8th to 1/10 tab cut with an exacto knife to get nice even doses seems to be the general consensus for cluster headaches, I havent read too much about migraines however I would be willing to guess that it would do the trick.

Interesting, good to know i can stretch out a tab or two to last all year for migraines. I'm also considering how lsa/hbwr/r corymbosa seeds might work. I can always get mushies if necessary from close family members, but like to have redundant/different options for migraines.

LSD worked pretty good compared to the 4-aco-dmt, but its something i rarely come across, and have to take great care when considering storage to make it last.

It would be amazing if all i had to do was take a known amount in mgs of ground up seeds when i get the auras. Lysergic alkaloid containing seeds would be Cheaper and more accessible than S1's like lsd or psilocybin, or RC's of questionable legality/safety.

It would also be interesting to try microdosing in the manner the OP is proposing with HBWR/RC seeds/LSA (& friends) seed extracts. I've always been fascinated with HBWR/RC seeds.

I wonder how other lysergamides, like the mix of lysergamides in hydergine, or nicergoline might work too. I have a decent supply of them i bought as nootropics, but haven't had the chance to actually try yet.

"let those who have talked to the elves, find each other and band together" -TMK

In a society in which nearly everybody is dominated by somebody else's mind or by a disembodied mind, it becomes increasingly difficult to learn the truth about the activities of governments and corporations, about the quality or value of products, or about the health of one's own place and economy.
In such a society, also, our private economies will depend less upon the private ownership of real, usable property, and more upon property that is institutional and abstract, beyond individual control, such as money, insurance policies, certificates of deposit, stocks, etc. And as our private economies become more abstract, the mutual, free helps and pleasures of family and community life will be supplanted by a kind of displaced citizenship and by commerce with impersonal and self-interested suppliers...
The great enemy of freedom is the alignment of political power with wealth. This alignment destroys the commonwealth - that is, the natural wealth of localities and the local economies of household, neighborhood, and community - and so destroys democracy, of which the commonwealth is the foundation and practical means.” - Wendell Berry

fonzi03
#34 Posted : 5/21/2013 10:51:45 PM
DMT-Nexus member

hey guys sorry I havent posted, I actually forgot to dose yesterday morning and this morning however the afterglow this weekend was great. I just dosed today and will let you guys know how it goes... If this week goes the same as last I may switch over to two days break inbetween doses as Saturday and Sunday I felt awesome.

TMK
#35 Posted : 5/25/2013 1:47:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

fonzi, just curious as to what your occupation is? Are the effects you describe as mild, like the mild effects of say, a cup of coffee? This whole micro dosing concept is intriguing to me. I just wonder if the effects produced, would be positive to all occupations. Like coffee seems to be (although I don't drink it myself due to the side effects). Interesting thread.
Space is a thing, not a place where you put things.- Terence McKenna

fonzi03
#36 Posted : 5/25/2013 6:02:45 PM
DMT-Nexus member

05/22/13

9:00am Still feeling last nights dose

11:00am Feeling like a slow day

12:30pm Slight headache and somewhat antsy

6:00pm Headache went away and antsy turned into motivation for gym

05/23/13

07:40am Ate .15

10:00am Thinking outside the box more easily

10:40am Solved a problem we have been working on for a few days

12:00pm Better motivation

3:00pm Day going by fast

4:30pm Noticed Ive been much hungrier in between lunch and dinner

8:30pm Staying very motivated at the gym

05/24/13

7:45am Ate .15

9:30am Time is slow

11:50am Taking more note of thoughts and surroundings

3:00pm Motivated yet time is still going slow

5:30pm Gym closes early today so I decided to skip and smoke a bowl and got super baked

7:00pm I normally load .2 in a bowl and get pretty baked but lately ive been able to split that in two hits that each get me more high than one hit of the entire .2

fonzi03
#37 Posted : 5/25/2013 6:05:54 PM
DMT-Nexus member

TMK wrote:
fonzi, just curious as to what your occupation is? Are the effects you describe as mild, like the mild effects of say, a cup of coffee? This whole micro dosing concept is intriguing to me. I just wonder if the effects produced, would be positive to all occupations. Like coffee seems to be (although I don't drink it myself due to the side effects). Interesting thread.

You hit the nail on the head there with describing the effects as noticeable as a cup of some good coffee, Im a technician so mainly dealing with people on the phone and working on some electronics. I feel safe operating anything under these doses including heavy machinery if I had to, I ride to work every morning and have not had any ill effects on the ride.

TMK
#38 Posted : 5/26/2013 11:54:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

With that, you have got me really interested in trying this myself. I have got a pretty low tolerance for meds of all kinds. But this sounds like something I could do. I wonder if there would ever be some kind of withdrawal, from dosing so much? Like when you stop drinking coffee?
Space is a thing, not a place where you put things.- Terence McKenna

PREV12