We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
What's the purpose? Options

VisualDistortion
#1 Posted : 4/19/2009 9:00:41 AM

DMT-Nexus member

What possible purpose could a being that is infinite in every manner have?
You lock the door, and throw away the key

There's someone in my head but it's not me

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Dorge
#2 Posted : 4/19/2009 9:12:14 AM

Chen Cho Dorge

self exploration... an infinite being has infinite possibilities in how it manifests itself and is dynamic in nature just to simply be...
Dorge is cooperatively owned and cooperatively run by various hyperspacial entities working as a collabertive sentience project for the betterment of sentient exploration.

Offical Changa web sitehttp://changa.esotericpharma.org/

VisualDistortion
#3 Posted : 4/19/2009 9:32:24 AM

DMT-Nexus member

How can it explore in it has infinite knowledge? It knows everything.
You lock the door, and throw away the key

There's someone in my head but it's not me

burnt
#4 Posted : 4/19/2009 11:01:34 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Extreme Chemical expertChemical expertSenior Member

None that's why I don't believe such a conscious being exists.

tolu
#5 Posted : 4/19/2009 2:32:23 PM
DMT-Nexus member

We are not such a being, so how could we possibly know.

WSaged
#6 Posted : 4/19/2009 4:33:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

VisualDistortion wrote:

To be the backbone (or universe) for all the other non-infinite beings?

WS
All posts are fictional short stories depicting the adventures of WSaged!! None of these events have actually happened and any resemblance to any real persons or incidents is totally coincidence!!!!!!!!!!!!

smokeydaze
#7 Posted : 4/19/2009 4:44:51 PM

Dragunov Mylshka Teapot

without it, everything else wouldn't exist.. or would exist but as a jelloten blob seeping through the cracks of nothingness.

hmm, interesting warrensaged
SMOKE MORE DMT, SMOKE MORE DMT NOW

T
#8 Posted : 4/19/2009 4:55:42 PM
DMT-Nexus member

An infinite being wouldn't be self-conscious as there was no possibility for it to be(?)... And would need to create us and everything else with limitations as self-awareness and individuality comes with the limitations and restraints we and everything else exists has, so it can gain self-awareness(?).
"Once I thought I'd been offered a joint but had been given angel dust. I smoked it, but had horrific hallucinations - oh my God, I was out of control.
I saw eight of everything and believed that I could fly.
That was when I stopped taking drugs. I started doing them to be a rebel, then realised that doing drugs just meant I was being an idiot.
Now I hate drugs. I constantly tell kids to stay away from them - they are the root of all evil." - David Gest

Morphane
#9 Posted : 4/23/2009 2:11:07 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Purpose in creation?

I've read a lot of Near Death Experiences and trip reports, and the impression I get is "because it is possible".

So the great purpose is to have fun.

Some people might argue that pain and suffering, which are perhaps the most troublesome aspects of life, aren't very fun, but from the divine perspective they may be extreme forms of play.

For example, the other day I found a video on YouTube, that purported to be that of a baby swearing. I listened and watched carefully to see this baby swear, but suddenly it turned into a shrieking demon. Just a prank video. I was of course deeply shocked, and then I was furious. I began to write an abusive comment, but then I saw thousands of other such comments, and I saw my fear/rage reflected in them. Then I laughed and laughed, and felt high on the emotion of it all. I then felt thankful towards the prankster.

Maybe God is just a cosmic prankster.

Saidin
#10 Posted : 4/23/2009 11:23:59 PM

Sun Dragon

Senior Member | Skills: Aquaponics, Channeling, Spirituality, Past Life Regression Hypnosis

My Signature
|
|
|
V
What, you ask, was the beginning of it all?
And it is this...

Existence that multiplied itself
For sheer delight of being
And plunged into numberless trillions of forms
So that it might
Find
Itself
Innumerably.
-Sri Aubobindo

Saidin is a fictional character, and only exists in the collective unconscious. Therefore, we both do and do not exist. Everything is made up as we go along, and none of it is real.

Saidin
#11 Posted : 4/23/2009 11:27:15 PM

Sun Dragon

Senior Member | Skills: Aquaponics, Channeling, Spirituality, Past Life Regression Hypnosis

Morphane wrote:

Maybe God is just a cosmic prankster.

I certainly think God is a prankster. Throws us all in a fishbowl, wipes our memory of who we really are, then sits back and watches the show. Such an ironic sense of humor! Razz
What, you ask, was the beginning of it all?
And it is this...

Existence that multiplied itself
For sheer delight of being
And plunged into numberless trillions of forms
So that it might
Find
Itself
Innumerably.
-Sri Aubobindo

Saidin is a fictional character, and only exists in the collective unconscious. Therefore, we both do and do not exist. Everything is made up as we go along, and none of it is real.

Futant
#12 Posted : 6/2/2009 10:11:51 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I have been lurking on this forum for quite some time, perhaps this is the time to interject.

VisualDistortion wrote:

To experience its infiniteness, would be my guess.

VisualDistortion wrote:
How can it explore in it has infinite knowledge? It knows everything.

To know is not the same as to experince, at least not to me.

It was once said; You may know your self to be gracious, but until you do something that exhibits grace, you have nothing but a concept.

It is in this light that action and experience are valuable, at least to me.

Perhaps the infinite being knows itself to be most awesome in every way. This knowing requires no physicality, it is only a concept. However to experience this awesomeness, physicality might be required. Hence the resulting incarnation(s) and seemingly infinite possibilities of experience to be had, both โ€œgoodโ€ and โ€œbad.โ€

What else is there for an infinite being to do but experience its awesomeness, and the opposite?

At least this is my best guess at an answer to your question, based on my readings that have resonated with my experience thus far.

Nice forum you all have here.