We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
expired naptha? Options

fry
#1 Posted : 5/6/2013 5:55:02 AM

DMT-Nexus member

just starting out, been working with ACRB and thick lights tek and been coming closer to giving up, after all I seem to pull is something that clouds up and eventually precipitates out a highly noxious and apparently inactive brown goo resembling freshly dried BHO, this stuff was rocking my lungs, its definitely not what I was aiming for.

I have been getting highly aggravated at all this time I have put in keeping the hot water bath hot and siphoning off this naptha only to get this cloudy stuff that wont precipitate anything resembling a crystal.

so I made a hot water bath for all my jars that had this cloudy naptha and got everything saturated and in one jar, I let about 70% evaporate then froze only to get the same results as before, just more accumulated sludge.

I had 100g left and figured this would be my last attempt, if nothing I did learn some basic chemistry.
But needed more naptha so I went and got a new quart can that I instantly noticed had a different lid, the old can had a attached pop off pressure lid (no twist) and when purchased had a thick layer of dust I thought nothing of, once I got the first can home the piece of plasic that attaches the lid broke upon opening 'seemingy dry rotted'
the second can has a twist off lid and a easy pour spout and upon smelling has a much stronger smell and doesn't even smell the same I don't think.

upon my first extraction using this new naptha the naptha was thickly cloudy as soon as it was put in the collection jar and is precipitating out an off white material , the small bit I removed to look at melted but re solidified after a few hours, and it appears quite promising.

is this a common problem? I cannot seem to find much on the topic besides brands to and not to use

note: brand , "Sunnyside"

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

acacian
#2 Posted : 5/6/2013 6:16:27 AM

DMT-Nexus member

hey fry.. sorry to hear your extraction is causing you so much grief.. first of all- yes goo is common, though it is not a problem in my view...I have said it countless times and will say it again, dmt does not have to be crystal to be good.. the reason confusa extracts come out as more of a goo, is because of the presence of nmt... an ally of dmt which adds a unique character when in combination... and as has been echoed here, a somewhat deeper experience. I enjoy my acacia confusa goo a lot and find it has a much more profound headspace, especially in the following half hr, to purer dmt extracts. the key for achieving a breakthrough with confusa extract is upping the doseage a little as well as vaping technique.. confusa is often 50:50 dmt to nmt

.. secondly - how have you been administering it? incorrect vaping technique will produce an extremely harsh smoke and will not feel pleasant on your lungs.. and it will have very little to no effect. dmt is very sensitive to heat.. I doubt somehow that your extract is inactive... especially since the naptha is clouding up and you are getting a goo at the end. if it was just plant fats then naptha would not be going cloudy white. this is a good indicator that it has pulled the alkaloids. acacia confusa should be a pretty reliable source.. just don't expect a pretty extract. a member here said yesterday "its not about what it looks like on the outside but what it looks like on the inside" Pleased

fry
#3 Posted : 5/6/2013 6:42:28 AM

DMT-Nexus member

absolutely I agree nature in her seemingly infinite knowledge would not create this tree and inspire me too venture this path now and not years ago.

I have read many threads on smoking it, the method I have settled upon is layering in ash with 2 screens under it in my bubbler with just enough water to make noise.

I apply light flame but at a distance that I'm drawing mostly the heat, as if im smoking hash but keeping in mind flame will burn it up.

ill take 3-4 deep slow hits, hold for a 3 count ,exhale through my nose and start on the next hit, each hit is exponentially harder to hold and I must force each subsequent hit.

The one time I did have effects over a week ago I blacked out and vomited on myself after a very brief hallucination resembling a kaleidoscope that turned in to a void with a perfect black cog and a shadow in its light looking at me, I still dont know what to make of that..