We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Half finished A/B product question Options

Hualienfolk
#1 Posted : 4/17/2009 7:05:37 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Swim was unable to complete an AB extract of Acacia Confusa 1kg bark. It got to the point of being clear yellowish liquid though...

A couple months later the jug of hexane and acetic acid/solution was pored out onto a large tray and allowed to evaporate over a week just for curiosity.

There was heaps of solid material that was mostly flat and in a crystal formation. Some pieces even formed flat panes that were translucent and seemed to have rectangular patterns in them when held to the light. A little yellowish but smelled of Sodium Hydroxide since that was in the original mix. This was cleaned up with some ammonia washes.

What was left was a heap dmt-smelling material that looked like lightly yellowish salt. A small amount vaporized produced mild fx and a tiny speck to the tongue tasted mildly salty and not caustic.

My question is what is it probably? DMT-oxide? DMT-acetate? Could it be something else? Surly not freebase rite? Since there is only bark, hexane, sodium hydroxide and acetic acid added, can I assume it would be safe for swim to test further, say with an MAO? Wanna be careful here.

Thanx folks!

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

TmC47
#2 Posted : 4/18/2009 12:14:52 PM

Nice guy

I'm not sure I understand at what stage you are at?! If you haven't gotten any product before letting it stand for a month and you evapped the watery phase WITH the naphta phase all together, what you are left with is the complete extractable mix. Who knows what is in there.
It smells of NaOH? at what stage did that enter and how does that smell? I've only, FELT NaOH in my nostrils from aerosol at times, but never smelled it though.
I'd suggest dissolving the lot in acetic acid as much as possible, decant, extract the fats and other non-DMT's with Naphta. discard naphta and save the acetic acid fraction, basify with Sodium Carbonate until the solution turns milky, extract with naphta again a few times (same amount as you have Ac.Acid, in 5 portions total), evap to half volume, then freeze precip. That should give you a much purer product.

Stay Save and Good Luck!
benzyme wrote:
you're preparing drugs, not salad.

acolon_5
#3 Posted : 4/22/2009 2:33:17 PM

The Great Namah

Yeah, you've most likely got dmt acetate, or possibly a mix of acetate and freebase.

I'm not quite sure what you were doing, but you don't have smokable dmt.

As TmC47 said, redissolve in acidic water, and add naphtha again, REMOVE naphtha and evaporate ONLY the naphtha.

I really thought most teks were pretty clear on this, what made you deviate from the A/B tek you were working off of?
The Spice extends life
The Spice expands consciousness
The Spice is vital for space travel
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Never underestimate the power of STUFF!

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention.

I don't know SWIM and personally don't trust him at all. If SWIM is posting, most likely I will not respond...as I said, I don't trust the guy. YOU I trust, but never SWIM.

Hualienfolk
#4 Posted : 4/23/2009 3:57:59 AM
DMT-Nexus member

No, all clear on the AB teks. This was something from some early days that was shelved over some distractions, then moved a couple houses , lost markings ect...Smokable stuff or other was not the aim. When it was rediscovered in a box, it was just a curiosity to evaporate it instead of discarding and this salt on the top began to float above solution yet to evaporate then finally it was all flat salt stuck to a steel tray. Thanx for your guesses about what it was btw!