We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
Mescaline and HBWR....SWIM finally tried this combo Options

69ron
#1 Posted : 4/17/2009 5:23:10 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Mescaline and HBWR....SWIM finally tried the combo

Ok, so SWIM has been very curious about this for quite a while. He wasn’t quite sure about it. He’s only read a little bit about this combination.

SWIM look 125 micrograms of LSA extracted from HBWR (with some other alkaloids as impurities) and tried making LSH out of it but failed for some reason. I’m not sure why. Anyway this was taken orally with 50 mg of mescaline acetate (approximately 90% pure).

He started with a small dose because he was uncertain what the outcome would be. The two separate psychedelics taken on their own at that dosage level would produce very slight effects only. However the combination easily was as strong as say 125 mg of mescaline, but a very unusual experience.

SWIM’s mind is clear and focused. There’s an alien quality to the experience (it’s been about 1 hour since he first took it). The LSA is a very small dose but it’s overpowering the mescaline. It feels like an altered LSA trip, not the other way around. There are lots of mental psychedelic effects and lots of fractals seen when you relax. The body feeling is mostly that of LSA, but the mental effects are beyond that of either. It’s far more trippy than either is alone. SWIM is getting TONS OF INSIGHT effects. That seems to be the primary effect. That and the visuals are increased a lot. The visuals have the characteristic of LSA visuals but are much richer.

This dose is low and SWIM has not peaked yet. The peak is a few hours away. He’ll report back in a while.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Jorkest
#2 Posted : 4/17/2009 6:37:21 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

so what is the usual LSA content of the hawiian strain? because it sounds like you wouldnt want to overdo the LSA
it's a sound

69ron
#3 Posted : 4/17/2009 7:53:12 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I don't know.

SWIM is sensitive to LSA and can get good effects from just one HBWR seed. That's not typical. Most people need at least 4 times as much.

What's interesting to me is that SWIM's trip peaked at the 90 minute point and gradually got less and less potent. Right now the mescaline feels a tad bit more present in the experience.

Why did it peak at 90 minutes?

I think the LSA is being potentiated by the non-mescaline alkaloids present in San Pedro. SWIM did this test with impure San Pedro mescaline acetate. The non-mescaline alkaloids in San Pedro peak at about 90 minutes, and this was exactly when the trip peaked. At the peak it was quite strong. Maybe 5 times stronger than it should have been.

Next time SWIM is going to try this with the non-mescaline alkaloids of San Pedro. I believe they were solely responsible for the extreme jump in LSA's potency.

After 5 hours, SWIM's trip feels more balanced. The LSA is no longer stealing the show. The mescaline is now about 50% of the experience.

SWIM really wanted to try this with LSH and not LSA. Somehow his conversion to LSH failed this time. I'd like to know why. It completely failed.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

Jorkest
#4 Posted : 4/17/2009 4:23:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

strange...what process did you use to convert it?

and that makes a lot of sense why it peaked so soon..those non-mescaline alkies are very interesting..SWIM always gets sedated sorta like harmaline does to him..when he takes any amount of his pedro extract...

how long does it take SWIY to peak off of LSA normally..because SWIM usually feels the peak at around the 3 hour mark..not sure if thats just because he takes it sublingually or what

it's a sound

TheNtt
#5 Posted : 4/17/2009 5:55:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Sorry to be so off topic, but I just want to say that I love you 69ron.

69ron
#6 Posted : 4/17/2009 7:37:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Jorkest wrote:
strange...what process did you use to convert it?

SWIM put the LSA in hot spearmint tea (I know, SWIM was out of peppermint tea, so this might be the problem) and then added 4 drops of peppermint oil and mixed. SWIM has done this before with peppermint tea and it worked really well (without adding the peppermint oil). Maybe all the acetaldehyde vaporized away as soon as the oil was added? I'm not sure. Next time SWIM will use fresh peppermint tea instead (or the kind individually packed for freshness). That seems to always work.

SWIM has also had good luck using rum instead of mint oil. You mix one dose with 15 ml of rum (should contain about 750 mg acetaldehyde, way more than you need). To this you add 1/64 tsp citric acid to make it acidic, and then mix. This is then capped and placed in the refrigerator overnight and shaken occasionally. That has always worked and seems to work more completely than peppermint oil.

Jorkest wrote:
and that makes a lot of sense why it peaked so soon..those non-mescaline alkies are very interesting..SWIM always gets sedated sorta like harmaline does to him..when he takes any amount of his pedro extract...

Yes, the non-mescaline alkaloids in San Pedro have an effect that is somewhat similar to harmaline, but much more psychedelic. It's slightly sedating, and produces numbness, tingling, and very unusual visuals. It's totally unlike mescaline.

SWIM will definitely test a combination with the non-mescaline alkaloids and LSA (or LSH preferably). The increase in potency was at least 5 times. I just can't imagine that mescaline had anything to do with the increase in potency. After all, it peaked at 90 minutes, which is when the non-mescaline alkaloids peak.

Jorkest wrote:
how long does it take SWIY to peak off of LSA normally..because SWIM usually feels the peak at around the 3 hour mark..not sure if thats just because he takes it sublingually or what

For SWIM it takes 4 hours for him to peak on either LSA or LSH. It takes him the same time to peak on 99% pure mescaline HCl. With the impure mescaline acetate, SWIM clearly feels two peaks, one at 90 minutes from the other alkaloid(s) and another at 4 hours from the mescaline.

TheNtt wrote:
Sorry to be so off topic, but I just want to say that I love you 69ron.

Thanks! That made me smile really big Very happy

Jorkest
#7 Posted : 4/17/2009 7:56:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

oh sweet...SWIM loves rum..hehe..so i suppose you could probably just take some seeds...grind them up...put them in some rum and a bit of citric acid..mix it all the time..leave it in the fridge..and you could probably just filter out the solids and drink the rum??

and yes..SWIM finds it interesting that the two peaks from the impure mescaline acetate are so clearly defined..even at extremely low doses..SWIM also noticed..as well as friends that have tested it out..that he can feel effects..almost immediately after swallowing the pedro extract...its quite something...and its very obvious...its like he can feel a pressure start in his head..its not uncomfortable at all..its just sorta there..and he also feels a little shiver run through him as soon as its swallowed...now this MUST be placebo..because he usually takes them in caps...but its almost like he can feel the energy of the mescaline in his body..and his body just vibes right back at it..
it's a sound

69ron
#8 Posted : 4/17/2009 10:16:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM has a few grams of the non-mescaline San Pedro alkaloids that he separated from mescaline HCl and has done quite a bit of tests with them. You can feel the effects even if swallowed in a capsule in about 5 minutes. They are very fast acting.

They are VERY ACTIVE sublingually. If you take them sublingually the effects start in about 1 minute along with a strong numbing effect in the mouth. The numbing effect feels very similar to harmaline's numbing effect, but it's much stronger. It doesn't have the "mind fuck" of harmaline. It's dreamy and relaxed, lightly sedating, and during the peak, at about 60-90 minutes there are definite visual effects. Things look animated, sort of wavy. If you close your eyes you can easily day dream. It's very interesting.

SWIM has tolerance to LSA now, so he can't do a test today. SWIM finds these non-mescaline San Pedro alkaloids to be very interesting on their own, and prefers them without mescaline and visa versa. It seems like they are going to go really well with LSA though.

On a side note, SWIM had that sedating LSA head fog that he hates when he woke up this morning. Even strong coffee can't get rid of it. The best remedy for that LSA head fog is YOHIMBE. It completely gets rid of all of LSA's head fog and sedative effects. It clears you up very nicely.

'Coatl
#9 Posted : 4/17/2009 10:18:28 PM

Teotzlcoatl

Quote:
SWIM put the LSA in hot spearmint tea (I know, SWIM was out of peppermint tea, so this might be the problem) and then added 4 drops of peppermint oil and mixed. SWIM has done this before with peppermint tea and it worked really well (without adding the peppermint oil). Maybe all the acetaldehyde vaporized away as soon as the oil was added? I'm not sure. Next time SWIM will use fresh peppermint tea instead (or the kind individually packed for freshness). That seems to always work.

Shouldn't any kind of Mint work? Or does it have to be Peppermint specifically?

I'd like to try it one day with a big brew of all the following botanicals-

"Peppermint" ~ Mentha piperita leafs
"Wintergreen" ~ Gaultheria procumbens leafs and berries
"Wild Mint" ~ Mentha arvensis leafs
"Lemon Balm" ~ Melissa officinalis leafs
"Spearmint" ~ Mentha spicata leafs
"Ololuihqui" ~ Rivea corymbosa seeds (13)
"Hawaiian Baby Woodrose" ~ Argyreia nervosa seeds (7)

Have you guys found that only cold water extracts are best? Or is hot water ok?

WARNING: DO NOT INGEST ANY BOTANICAL WHICH YOU HAVE NOT FULLY RESEARCHED AND CORRECTLY IDENTIFIED!!!

I am Teotzlcoatl, older cousin of Quetzalcoatl. My most famous physical incarnation was Nezahualcoyotl, but I have taken many forms since the dawn of the cosmos. In this realm I manifest as multiple entities at a single time. I am many, I am numbered. I am few, but more than one. I am a multifaceted being, a winged serpent with many heads. We are Teotzlcoatl.

"We Are The One's We've Been Waiting For" - Hopi Proverb

69ron
#10 Posted : 4/17/2009 10:24:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I don't know. Peppermint tea usually works, but sometimes it doesn't. Rum with citric acid mixed cold and refrigerated overnight always works.

Sherry wine works as is without adding any acids. Many people use that. Like rum, it always works.

Supposedly the key to this is acetaldehyde. Rum, sherry, and peppermint are all high in acetaldehyde. LSH is a combination of acetaldehyde and LSA which is said to form in an acidic environment when mixed. Acetaldehyde vaporizes away at room temperature, so when using hot tea, you need a ton of it or it won't work well. This is all theory, none of it is proven.

Jorkest
#11 Posted : 4/18/2009 3:00:48 AM

DMT-Nexus member

ahh SWWEETTT 69ron...SWIM doesnt like LSA because of the fact that the next day you are soooo foggy...it really sucks..but SWIM has some decent yohimbe tincture...so he will remember that...thanks for the awesome tip dude
it's a sound

'Coatl
#12 Posted : 4/18/2009 6:24:59 AM

Teotzlcoatl

How about Peppermint oil and lemon juice in a 12-hour cold water extraction of the ground seeds?

What'd ya think?
WARNING: DO NOT INGEST ANY BOTANICAL WHICH YOU HAVE NOT FULLY RESEARCHED AND CORRECTLY IDENTIFIED!!!

I am Teotzlcoatl, older cousin of Quetzalcoatl. My most famous physical incarnation was Nezahualcoyotl, but I have taken many forms since the dawn of the cosmos. In this realm I manifest as multiple entities at a single time. I am many, I am numbered. I am few, but more than one. I am a multifaceted being, a winged serpent with many heads. We are Teotzlcoatl.

"We Are The One's We've Been Waiting For" - Hopi Proverb

69ron
#13 Posted : 4/18/2009 1:48:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Jorkest wrote:
ahh SWWEETTT 69ron...SWIM doesnt like LSA because of the fact that the next day you are soooo foggy...it really sucks..but SWIM has some decent yohimbe tincture...so he will remember that...thanks for the awesome tip dude

Yohimbe is the perfect companion to for LSA. If a small dose of yohimbe is taken during the LSA trip, it blocks the vasoconstriction of LSA and blocks the mental fog and sedative effects as well, while also improving the visuals quite a lot.

SWIM has a lot of purified LSA in a 50:50 glycerin:water tincture he made over a year ago. It keeps a long time. He’s had it for over a year and it’s still just as effective as the day he made it. It’s kept at room temperature in an amber glass bottle to protect the LSA from light. The glycerin acts as a preservative. Also, it has vitamin C in it to prevent oxidation of LSA.

LSH doesn’t have any mental fog at all. It’s not even slightly sedating, it’s a stimulant. It’s very much like LSD. When the conversion to LSH is complete, the difference in effects is astounding. SWIM likes LSH a lot more than LSA. He’d like to convert all of his LSA tinctures to LSH tinctures somehow. How would he go about doing that?

He’s thinking of adding some peppermint extract, maybe 50:50 to his existing LSA tinctures. That would dilute it to ½ the potency. Another option would be to add rum to it. Rum is guaranteed to work, as long as enough is added. I wish I knew the minimum amount of rum to add but I don’t.

Some people say that ethanol is needed for the reaction. But SWIM has made LSH from LSA using just peppermint tea, so I don’t think that’s true at all. However, it doesn’t always work and I don’t know why. Acetaldehyde is 100 times more soluble in ethanol (more than 100 mg/ml) than water (1 mg/ml), so I think that’s why people think ethanol is needed. With water, you just need more water to hold the same amount of acetaldehyde.

FYI: LSH is found on PubChem by its CAS number 3343-15-5, but not by it’s name (lysergic acid alpha-hydroxyethylamide) which is very curious even though it’s name is in the entry. LSH is more lipid soluble than LSA, which helps explain why it’s more psychedelic.

'Coatl wrote:
How about Peppermint oil and lemon juice in a 12-hour cold water extraction of the ground seeds?

What'd ya think?

That should work. SWIM has found that peppermint oil doesn’t always work. He’s not sure why. It usually works though. I think done in the refrigerator overnight would be the best way to do it.

Phlux-
#14 Posted : 4/18/2009 1:55:42 PM

The Root

Chemical expertSenior Member

have you posted your extraction technique here anywhere - ?
antrocles wrote:
...purity of intent....purity of execution....purity of experience...

...unlike the "blind leading the blind". we are more akin to a group of blind-from-birth people who have all simultaneously been given the gift of sight but have no words or mental processing capabilites to work with this new "gift".

IT IS ONLY TO THE EXTENT THAT WE ARE WILLING TO EXPOSE OURSELVES OVER AND OVER AGAIN TO ANNIHILATION THAT WE DISCOVER THAT PART OF OURSELVES THAT IS INDESTRUCTIBLE.

Quote:
‹Jorkest› the wall is impenetrable as far as i can tell

Quote:
‹xtechre› cheese is great

He who packs ur capsules - controls your destiny.

69ron
#15 Posted : 4/18/2009 2:26:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

No. It’s just a simple standard A/B extraction.

Use DCM as the non-polar solvent. Naphtha will not work well. The XlogP of LSA is 1.6 which is the same as bufotenine, so a semi-polar solvent like DCM is needed as the non-polar solvent.

Make sure to defat at least 10 times before freebasing the LSA.

Freebase the LSA at pH 9 and extract into DCM 5 times.

Do not wash the DCM with water or you’ll get a loss in yield.

Evaporate the DCM to get LSA and some other junk.

Do another A/B on the product to get more pure results.

The purified alkaloids are better than taking the seeds, but it’s still somewhat toxic feeling. LSA is toxic. A conversion to LSH is recommended after the LSA is extracted. LSH is also toxic but much nicer (it's a stimulant like LSD, and not at all a sedative like LSA).

Phlux-
#16 Posted : 4/18/2009 2:54:53 PM

The Root

Chemical expertSenior Member

Were xtals formed ? if so got any pix ?
antrocles wrote:
...purity of intent....purity of execution....purity of experience...

...unlike the "blind leading the blind". we are more akin to a group of blind-from-birth people who have all simultaneously been given the gift of sight but have no words or mental processing capabilites to work with this new "gift".

IT IS ONLY TO THE EXTENT THAT WE ARE WILLING TO EXPOSE OURSELVES OVER AND OVER AGAIN TO ANNIHILATION THAT WE DISCOVER THAT PART OF OURSELVES THAT IS INDESTRUCTIBLE.

Quote:
‹Jorkest› the wall is impenetrable as far as i can tell

Quote:
‹xtechre› cheese is great

He who packs ur capsules - controls your destiny.

dimitrius_rexus
#17 Posted : 4/18/2009 4:30:52 PM
DMT-Nexus member

hey ron69, how much did your perception of time slow down?

SWIM has never experienced time dilation like HBWR's and full-range mesc comes in a close second. I would imagine that time would come to a serious halt during the combined peaks Smile
All of my posts are fiction.

69ron
#18 Posted : 4/18/2009 8:40:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Phlux- wrote:
Were xtals formed ? if so got any pix ?

SWIM did not mention it but he did a double A/B on it and at the end before distilling off all the DCM, he added acetone, so that the DCM could distill off leaving just acetone and freebase alkaloids behind. Once the DCM was all distilled off, he removed the acetone and added 1/32 teaspoon of activated charcaoal, mixed it and filtered it, and repeated that step. The effectively remove the brown color from the product. He then let the acetone evaporate at room temperature. What was left was a thin white mass. No crystals, or at least it didn’t look like crystals to SWIM’s naked eye. Maybe seen under a microscope one might see crystals.

His yield was 0.156 %. The expected yield is 0.305%, so either his seeds were weak or there was considerable loss of product during the extraction. Either way, these seeds are cheap so it doesn’t matter to SWIM.

It would be nicer to end up with crystals that could be seen with the naked eye.

LSA extraction and really needs more attention. I’m sure there’s some way to further purify the extract so you end up with beautiful crystals.

Conversion from LSA to LSH also needs more attention. While lots of people do notice the big difference between LSA and LSH, the conversion process is still a theory and its possible that LSH is not forming, but instead something else is happening.

dimitrius_rexus wrote:
hey ron69, how much did your perception of time slow down?

SWIM has never experienced time dilation like HBWR's and full-range mesc comes in a close second. I would imagine that time would come to a serious halt during the combined peaks Smile

Keep in mind that SWIM used threshold doses of LSA and mescaline acetate. The purity of SWIM’s LSA is unknown. The purity of SWIM’s mescaline acetate is about 90%.

The trip peaked at 90 minutes and was quite strong, at least 5 times stronger than it should have been. At that point in time it felt like LSA. But the LSA dose was way too small to have caused such a strong effect. Because it peaked at 90 minutes instead of 4 hours (for SWIM LSA and mescaline both peak after 4 hours), SWIM is sure that the non-mescaline alkaloids were responsible for the peak because THEY peak at 90 minutes. I find this fascinating.

Somehow the non-mescaline alkaloids in SWIM’s 90% mescaline acetate alkaloid extraction from San Pedro were strong enough at a dose of approximately 5 mg to potentiate the effects of LSA by as much as 5 times. That’s a huge jump in potency for such a small amount of material.

The non-mescaline alkaloids in San Pedro seem to have some sort of MAOI activity. They feel similar to harmaline (without the mind fuck), they peak at 90 minutes, and have very unique visual effects.

SWIM is going to try LSA with the non-mescaline alkaloids from San Pedro with all the mescaline removed. He’s certain that these other alkaloids caused the huge increase in the potency of LSA.

Ok, so to answer the question SWIM did NOT experience any time dilation, but that could just be from the fact that the strong effects felt at 90 minutes were from a combination of a threshold dose of LSA and 5 mg of the non-mescaline alkaloids in San Pedro. Had SWIM tested LSA with 99% pure white odorless mescaline HCl (which he has), the trip may have been a lot different. That's a test that SWIM will perform at a later time.

rTyler
#19 Posted : 4/24/2009 12:17:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

sorry being a bit offtopic but you are talking about lsa/lsh extracts, so...

swim had the idea to grind 100 hbwr seeds and add 400 ml rum and 50 ml lemon juice to it.
swim would store this at room temperature and use it over the following 6-8-10 months, when needed.

would the conversion work?
could the mixture be stored in dark on room temperature for long time without loosing potency?
everything is a copy of a copy of a copy

pm swim for orange oil

69ron
#20 Posted : 4/24/2009 7:57:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

It will definitely work. SWIM has used rum and citric many times to successfully make LSH from LSA (again it is not proven that LSH is being made, but it does indeed dramatically alter the effects). Lemon juice contains tons of citric acid and rum contains tons of acetaldehyde.

Put everything in the refrigerator before mixing. That way the acetaldehyde cannot vaporize away. Combine the ingredients while cold. Put a tight lid on it. Shake it like crazy. Let it sit overnight, shaking it periodically. If you don’t have a lid, just keep it in the refrigerator overnight. The idea is that you don’t want any of the acetaldehyde evaporating away. It vaporizes at room temperature.

SWIM has never used LSH that was stored for extended periods of time. He’s always made it and used it within 24-48 hours. Over time LSH breaks down into LSA and acetaldehyde, but if kept in rum in a closed container, there’s no way for the acetaldehyde to escape, so it would probably keep for a very long time, perhaps for many years. LSA in a 50% glycerin solution keeps for a least a year without loss of potency when stored in an airtight amber container at room temperature.

I don’t know exactly what forces cause LSH to break down into LSA and acetaldehyde. I wish I knew. That would help me better understand this process.

12NEXT