We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
LSA extraction questions Options

evered
#1 Posted : 4/16/2009 4:45:15 AM
DMT-Nexus member

So here's the extraction SWIM wants to complete:

1. wash with cold water/detergent (if necessary)

2. Ground morning glory seeds to a fine dust

3. (polar) Soak ground seeds in naptha (zippo lighter fluid, etc.)

4. Filter seeds and throw out liquid

5. Dry seeds

6. Repeat steps 3-5 a few times

7. (non polar) Soak seeds in high proof alcohol (everclear, etc.)

8. Filter seeds and keep liquid

9. Dry seeds

10. Repeat steps 7-9 a few times

11. Put liquid in a large flat pan/tray and let dry in a cool & dark place

12. Once dry, scrape up remaining gummy, yellow residue

Then SWIM plans on holding the residue lump in his/her/its ( Smile ) mouth and let the goodness be absorbed by the mucus membranes in the mouth. Once SWIM cannot stand the taste anymore, SWIM will gulp down a glass of grapefruit juice.

But there are just a few problems/questions:

-About how long should the naptha/alcohol bath be?
-What alternatives are there to everclear?
-What alternatives are there to everclear for persons under the age of 21?
-Is the alcohol bath required?*
-Is there a easier and more effective extraction method?
-Is extraction required for best results?

*SWIM hears that there are two substances within the morning glory seeds that cause nausea, fish eye vision, etc. and the only way to remove these substances is with some high proof alcohol like ethanol.

All comments & suggestions appreciated!

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Big Inhale
#2 Posted : 6/24/2009 5:03:17 PM

The Enlightend One

Yea I would like to know some answers to this also
Can you Imagine? From one single Idea everything appeared here.
RZA

Here in the Prime Creators universe all things are possible,because all things are possible many lessons are learned.

None Of This Is Real!

Big Inhale
#3 Posted : 6/24/2009 5:30:36 PM

The Enlightend One

Was just reading on Erowid that water could be used instead of ethanol but it takes longer to evap. Would this work?
Can you Imagine? From one single Idea everything appeared here.
RZA

Here in the Prime Creators universe all things are possible,because all things are possible many lessons are learned.

None Of This Is Real!

Nime
#4 Posted : 8/4/2009 7:59:51 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Id like to know some of the answers to these questions too =)

Im not 100% sure, but isnt it true that you can use methanol instead of everclear?

Improvised Labware Vapor Bubbler (continued)

I would like to make it be known that I do not actually put what I write on this website or any place into practice in the real world. I like to live a life of fantasy on the internet where I ask questions and give answers.

69ron
#5 Posted : 8/4/2009 9:29:07 AM

DMT-Nexus member

That’s extraction tech in the OP is SWIM’s very first extraction attempt on any plant. The difference is that he used 91% IPA instead of everclear. Also SWIM used it on HBWR seeds. It works VERY WELL.

evered wrote:
But there are just a few problems/questions:

-About how long should the naptha/alcohol bath be?
-What alternatives are there to everclear?
-What alternatives are there to everclear for persons under the age of 21?
-Is the alcohol bath required?*
-Is there a easier and more effective extraction method?
-Is extraction required for best results?

*SWIM hears that there are two substances within the morning glory seeds that cause nausea, fish eye vision, etc. and the only way to remove these substances is with some high proof alcohol like ethanol.

All comments & suggestions appreciated!

SWIM only did this extraction one time. So he’s not an expert at all on this particular extraction, but he understands what all the steps are for.

The soaking time should be overnight for best results.

You can use IPA instead of everclear.

You definitely want the alcohol step. It helps to get a more pure end product.

No one knows exactly what in the seeds cause which side effects. This extraction process is fairly good and does remove some of the toxins. The oils in the seeds are said to be very irritating to the stomach and washing with a non-polar solvent like lighter fluid, naphtha, heptane etc., removes these oils.

You can get a cleaner end product if you dissolve the final product in acetone, and then filter, and evaporate the acetone. LSA is very soluble in acetone. Then take the end result of that, and dissolve it in water, filter, and then evaporate the water in a food dehydrator set on low (115 F or so). What these extra steps do is to remove alkaloids that are insoluble in water and insoluble in acetone. The LSA in the seeds is soluble in water, acetone, IPA, methanol and ethanol, and insoluble in non-polar solvents like lighter fluid, naphtha, heptane, etc.

The end results are very potent and quite dangerous and should be diluted in something like edible ethanol or a water:glycerin mix to both dilute it and preserve it. The mint extract sold at the supermarket is about 90% ethanol and also contains peppermint oil, which might be good for making LSH out of your LSA (SWIM uses peppermint tea for LSH conversion, but this might also work well).
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

69ron
#6 Posted : 8/4/2009 9:30:11 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Big Inhale wrote:
Was just reading on Erowid that water could be used instead of ethanol but it takes longer to evap. Would this work?

Yes, water can be used, but the results will be more impure.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

psychosisdoses
#7 Posted : 8/4/2009 10:56:06 AM

Derek

69ron Smile
your always sparking my interest..
im so glad your here
"once youve locked yourself into a serious drug collection the tendency is to push it as far as you can..." - hunter s. thompson

~~~~~~~~...You are me and i am you, i will always be with you...~~~~~~~~IAmUsWeYouMe~~~~~~~~
‹maxzar100› YOU are like acid
‹mattimus› dosesdosingdoses