We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV123NEXT
Virola resin usage Options

soulfood
#21 Posted : 6/6/2009 12:55:48 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

Ha... sorry I was only half joking when I said that as I read it somewhere else and figured it was maybe a certain type of shell, now I've read that sea shells are 95% Calcium carbonate.

So would that work?

Edit: Sorry, just read Rons last post and he states that calcium carbonate does not work as well.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Kannamate
#22 Posted : 6/6/2009 1:40:48 AM

DMT-Nexus member

they sell calcium hydroxide as pickling lime in the canning section in wal mart and local grocery stores.

69ron
#23 Posted : 6/6/2009 3:11:48 AM

DMT-Nexus member

You can make calcium hydroxide from calcium carbonate by burning it. This forms calcium oxide. You then add water and calcium hydroxide precipitates out of the water. This is how the natives made their snuff from shells. They burnt the shells turning the calcium carbonate into calcium oxide and then added water forming calcium hydroxide.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

soulfood
#24 Posted : 6/6/2009 11:08:25 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Cool!

I love seeing how handy reagents can come straight from nature.

I have some seashells in the oven now. It's cool how they lose there colour and turn all nice and white. Does this mean that they are turning to oxides or am I just burning off the proteins?

It seems tricky to find online info about this reaction in terms that I can understand. I'm heating them at 250C. I guess I'll wait for them to cool down and see if they are brittle or something like that.

soulfood
#25 Posted : 6/6/2009 4:33:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

To hell with this... getting shells everywhere.

I'm tasting a little of the tech grade calcium hydroxide. So far irratation is minimal.

Definately not snorting this though.

69ron
#26 Posted : 6/6/2009 5:41:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

250C is not enough. You need to put it in a fire. It needs to get to about 900 C I believe.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

soulfood
#27 Posted : 6/6/2009 6:00:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Found that out the hard way... I think it would be easier to order lime online, but it's nice to know all the same.

soulfood
#28 Posted : 6/6/2009 11:18:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Right...

I had 300mg's in my lip and 350 up each nostril with no effect after basifying with calcium hydroxide and then drying completely at room temperature.

Must be an easier way. Now I have filled and grazed my gums with what felt like soil and shovelled far too much crap up my nose I'm going whack all this shit in THP, run acetone through it a good few times then add FASA.

Would that lead to a nice sublingual-able tripping dust?

69ron
#29 Posted : 6/6/2009 11:57:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

soulfood wrote:
Right...

I had 300mg's in my lip and 350 up each nostril with no effect after basifying with calcium hydroxide and then drying completely at room temperature.

What a bummer.

Keep in mind that some people require a lot of 5-MeO-DMT to feel anything at all from it. SWIM can feel the resin with as little as 100 mg sublingually, but others need 1000 mg and that’s for the SAME BATCH OF RESIN. Dosage for 5-MeO-DMT varies dramatically from person to person.

soulfood wrote:
Must be an easier way. Now I have filled and grazed my gums with what felt like soil and shovelled far too much crap up my nose I'm going whack all this shit in THP, run acetone through it a good few times then add FASA.

Would that lead to a nice sublingual-able tripping dust?

Freebase 5-MeO-DMT is definitely soluble in acetone, that’s for sure. I don’t know if FASA will precipitate 5-MeO-DMT fumarate form acetone, but it probably will.

SWIM has never done that so just give it a shot and see.

SWIM can use the resin as is and so can some of his friends, but some friends of his get no effects at all from THE SAME RESIN SWIM USES. It’s just how it is. That’s why all the resin reports on Erowid are a mixed bag.

soulfood
#30 Posted : 6/7/2009 12:29:34 AM

DMT-Nexus member

It is strange. I'm usually fairly sensitive also, so I was expecting at least some kind of effect from the dose.

Which brings me to the other reason for extracting, to see how potent this stuff is. I really don't want to try another batch sometime and freak myself out.

I acquired the resin from a UK mail order company, from who I've only used in the past for mimosa, which has been pretty good. However, I'm very skeptical of lesser known psychedelics that have been retailed so far away from their place of origin.

69ron
#31 Posted : 6/7/2009 12:55:26 AM

DMT-Nexus member

It's probably the same UK place SWIM bought his from many times and it's always been good. Are the initials of the place SE?

I think it's likely just an individual sensitivity thing. Individual dosages and responses vary more for 5-MeO-DMT than any other psychedelic there is.

69ron
#32 Posted : 6/7/2009 1:07:25 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
I have personally witnessed an individual who was blown away by 3 mg smoked 5-MeO-DMT, while others find 30-40 mg or more an enjoyable experience.

I'm sure it's a dosage thing. 5-MeO-DMT doses vary by more than 10 times from person to person!

Take a look at this page:

Ask Erowid ID 2860 Do reactions to 5-MeO-DMT really vary THAT much

I believe the same thing is true for bufotenine and that's probably why Yopo/Vilca snuff is very unimpressive for some and blows other people away.

soulfood
#33 Posted : 6/7/2009 1:23:40 AM

DMT-Nexus member

It's a strange old substance.

Btw it wasn't SE it was DE. You're probably right about the dosage thing though.

69ron
#34 Posted : 6/7/2009 1:40:35 AM

DMT-Nexus member

soulfood wrote:
It's a strange old substance.

Btw it wasn't SE it was DE. You're probably right about the dosage thing though.

Hmmm...I don't know that vendor. It's likely that the resin comes from the same source though.

soulfood
#35 Posted : 6/8/2009 5:38:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Well after basing 9g, drying and running acetone through it, it's pretty clear that what I had was little more than soil. absolutely no plant oils were retrieved.

Will try somewhere else.

soulfood
#36 Posted : 6/8/2009 6:53:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Could anyone inform me of the difference between virola theiodora and virola calophyll.

I've found no information on the difference in content.

69ron
#37 Posted : 6/8/2009 7:31:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I'd like to know that myselfSmile

idtravlr
#38 Posted : 6/27/2009 2:11:48 AM

DMT-Nexus member

69ron - You are an insane wealth of knowledge and incredible asset to us all! SWIM now has his virola resin and his calcium hydroxide and shall create the freebase.

What is the duration of sub-lingual dose vs a smoked dose, and does a sub-lingual dose require an maoi before hand?

Peace
-idt
I am not a drug addict seeking escape from reality. I am an explorer of consciousness challenging consensus reality.

…is DMT dangerous? The answer is only if you fear death by astonishment… [crowd laughter]… Remember how you laughed when this possibility was raised… a moment will come that will wipe the smile right off your face.
-Terence McKenna

69ron
#39 Posted : 6/27/2009 6:45:37 AM

DMT-Nexus member

When smoked, the effects start before you exhale. It peaks in about 2-3 minutes and lasts about 10-20 minutes. When taken sublingually the effects start in about 5 minutes and peak in about 10-15 minutes and last about 30-50 minutes.

No MAOI is needed for sublingual or oral usage. However, an MAOI like harmaline or harmine will make it about twice as strong and last about 2-3 times longer and make it a lot more like DMT, greatly increasing the visual effects.

JesusJuice
#40 Posted : 7/2/2009 12:18:25 PM
DMT-Nexus member

69ron I thought you had experience with this stuff? obviously you have

http://www.drugs-forum.c...m/showthread.php?t=68192

What I am wondering is this, I bought every extract off of flowingvisions including 3 doses of virola resin.. The caapi copy, THH, harmine and harmaline extracts, everything... I'm wondering the doses I should take along with the resin and how I should go about preparing the resin. I read about how you said to soak it in lime juice i think.

Thanks

PREV123NEXT