We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
123NEXT
Virola resin usage Options

WSaged
#1 Posted : 4/12/2009 6:41:23 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I received a free sample of some Virola resin from a vendor & have been researching how to use it for the 5-MeO-DMT content.
I've read a lot about making a snuff from it & subligual usage but just a few mentions of vaporizing it.

I've read that it needs to be freebased before smoking, but have had trouble finding any teks relating to this.
Could anyone elaborate on how to prepare dried Virola resin to be smoked?
I have pretty bad sinuses and will not be snuffing anything, ever again!! Days of headaches do not seem like a reasonable trade out for a tryptamine experience I've heard can be an unpleasant one anyway.

I'd also be interested in a 5-MeO-DMT extraction tek for Virola, if anyone knows any??

Cheers!

WS
All posts are fictional short stories depicting the adventures of WSaged!! None of these events have actually happened and any resemblance to any real persons or incidents is totally coincidence!!!!!!!!!!!!

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

69ron
#2 Posted : 4/12/2009 4:47:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

You can freebase it with water and hydrated lime (calcium hydroxide). Use 4 parts resin to 1 part lime just like making Yopo. It's best if you grind them together to a very fine powder. Then add a tiny bit of water, just enough to make it wet. Mix a little for a few minutes, let it dry. Don't use heat to dry it. The end result is smokeable, snortable, and can be used sublingually.

SWIM is also unable to snort anything without getting an unpleasant reaction so he prefers it sublingually, but some people have a really hard time using things sublingually. It takes a lot of practice to get it right. Smoking is the easiest and most effective route.

Dosage varies widely from person to person. There is no way of knowing if you’re going to trip from smoking 100 mg or require 1000 mg! Yes, dosage varies that much from person to person. Snorting or sublingual use requires about twice as much.

I would not try smoking more than 100 mg for a first smoked experience. If no effects are felt, you’re one of those that require a large dose of 5-MeO-DMT. Wait about 15 minutes before upping the dose. I’d try 300-400 mg next. I would not try 1000 mg for a first time. If your sensitive to 5-MeO-DMT like SWIM is, 1000 mg is going to freak you out. But for others that amount would be just right. That’s the problem with 5-MeO-DMT. Dosages needed from person to person really vary a lot.

When smoking it, it’s best to get the entire dose in one shot. It peaks in about 2 minutes.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

WSaged
#3 Posted : 4/12/2009 4:51:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks a lot man!!

That was more info about vaporizing Virola resin than I found after 3 hours of search engines!!!

Cheers Mate!!

WS
All posts are fictional short stories depicting the adventures of WSaged!! None of these events have actually happened and any resemblance to any real persons or incidents is totally coincidence!!!!!!!!!!!!

mapp
#4 Posted : 4/12/2009 8:13:55 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Is snorting dosage the same as sublingual?

After being freebased, can it be smoked in a rolling paper as is, or would it have to be mixed with something?

Can it be potentiated with harmine/thh freebase when taked intranasally or smoked? If it can, around what would be the dosage for those be?

69ron
#5 Posted : 4/12/2009 9:17:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

mapp wrote:
Is snorting dosage the same as sublingual?

The snorting dose is the same as sublingual, however a lot of people don't do sublingual applications properly and so for them snorting is better because it’s much easier to do properly. If you don’t do the sublingual method properly it will be ineffective.

mapp wrote:
After being freebased, can it be smoked in a rolling paper as is, or would it have to be mixed with something?

SWIM never tried smoking it without a pipe, so I don’t know about that. I think it would be hard because it’s so grainy. It would probably fall out.

mapp wrote:
Can it be potentiated with harmine/thh freebase when taked intranasally or smoked? If it can, around what would be the dosage for those be?

Yes. It will be 2-3 times stronger if used with harmine/harmaline and be about 4 times longer. It will NOT be stronger if used with THH, but the effects will last about 4 times longer and be much more pleasant.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

mapp
#6 Posted : 4/14/2009 8:57:43 PM
DMT-Nexus member

So store this mix in an air tight container and it's good for a few more days?

Is the smell from smoking it strong or lingering? Try to get the dose in 1 hit and just hold as long as possible?

Edit: Well over the period of about an hour of mixing, grinding, pasting, drying, and grinding virola resin and hydrated lime, SWIM decided to have a go intranasally.

He first did 21mg harmaline sublingually for 10 minutes, then he did ~200mg virola mix intranasally and after 15 minutes his nose could do no more. 200mg is quite the amount to snort (he's aware it's traditonally and more effectively done instead with a partner blowing the dosasge into the nose), and he suffered the expected nasal burn. He put the remaining 50mg under his tounge for 10 minutes.

This was a few hours ago, and from this he felt no physical or mental alteration, but maybe a little sleepy from the harmaline.

Judging from this would SWIYs say that he is not sensitive to virola/5-MeO-DMT?

He has 540mg left and figures the only other way to go is smoking all of this. Considering 250mg intransally did nothing to SWIM, this would not be an overkill dose would it? He just doesn't want to be dissapointed..

So a pipe with a screen is basically the only option for smoking virola resin? Maybe he could make a gravity bong.. He would just need to find a screen filter (smoke shop?), or some aluminumShocked Wut?

freethinker
#7 Posted : 5/21/2009 11:29:09 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Wondering what ever happened with this?

Came across some info on potentiation/synergy with Justica:
Quote:
In Virola, the principal psychoactive ingredients are powerful tryptamine alkaloids and beta-carbolines. Tryptamines are present not only in the bark, but also in leaves, inflorescences, and roots. Justicia pectoralis has an aromatic aspect, but when added to Virola may facilitate the extraction of several tryptamine alkaloids and promote their absorption in human through mucous membranes. Thus, the admixture appears to aid and enhance the effects of the snuff on the user. Moreover, there is some speculation that the substance from Justicia might also be used independently as a less potent hallucinogen.

http://www.botgard.ucla....botany/Virola/index.html

All posts by this author are blatant plagiarisms, fictitious inventions, and outright lies.

Cosmo
#8 Posted : 5/25/2009 4:48:09 AM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM was wondering how to go about making a resin from the bark. SWIM read that it can just be boiled down in water, is that so? A good tek to obtain 5-Meo-DMT from the back is much needed, SWIM gets the whole lime process with the resin, just get SWIM to the resin or foward him to a vendor in the USA. Thanks all
Waterfall, nothing can harm me at all, my worries seem so very small with my waterfall...Jimi

Baffald
#9 Posted : 6/2/2009 9:09:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

69ron wrote:
You can freebase it with water and hydrated lime (calcium hydroxide). Use 4 parts resin to 1 part lime just like making Yopo. It's best if you grind them together to a very fine powder. Then add a tiny bit of water, just enough to make it wet. Mix a little for a few minutes, let it dry. Don't use heat to dry it. The end result is smokeable, snortable, and can be used sublingually.

What does the lime do? Why is it added, also why wet it?

69ron
#10 Posted : 6/2/2009 9:27:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

It freebases the alkaloids. They're more effective that way. It needs to be wet to do that. You then dry it again (without heat). It also helps the alkaloids absorb through the nasal passages by keeping your nose alkaline. A lot of people don’t do this simple step and then wonder why their resin is ineffective.

soulfood
#11 Posted : 6/3/2009 3:19:49 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

69ron wrote:
It also helps the alkaloids absorb through the nasal passages by keeping your nose alkaline.

Is the principle the same for sublingual use?

69ron
#12 Posted : 6/3/2009 4:15:24 AM

DMT-Nexus member

soulfood wrote:
69ron wrote:
It also helps the alkaloids absorb through the nasal passages by keeping your nose alkaline.

Is the principle the same for sublingual use?

Yes, it's identical. That's why lime is also added to betel chews.

soulfood
#13 Posted : 6/3/2009 3:35:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Does anyone have an idea of the average alkaloid content in these snuffs? Or does it vary quite a lot?

I know for one I won't be smoking it as the idea sacres the crap out of me, but I have 10g's of resin to play with and am looking to get a full experience from it.

Is there any point in purifying it further? I have issues with large amounts, especially when snuffing. If any further processing changes the experience then I probably won't bother though.

soulfood
#14 Posted : 6/3/2009 9:58:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

What about buccal administration between the gum and cheak?

Anyone ever do this?

69ron
#15 Posted : 6/3/2009 11:26:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

YES. SWIM has. It works pretty well.

soulfood
#16 Posted : 6/4/2009 12:18:26 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Nice... figured as much from the tobacco times.

I'd find that much easier with large amounts of material.

soulfood
#17 Posted : 6/4/2009 6:18:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I was going to go ahead with freebasing this but then realised my Calcium hydroxide is 95% "technical grade".

I'm a little apprehensive to put that stuff in my mouth so I was wondering if I used Sodium carbonate, would it's difference in solubility make the whole snorting/sublingual part a bit tricky? I'm just a little curious about sodium carbonate getting all fizzed up in my mouth.

Maybe a food safe lime would be the best option, but that's going to involve an online order and I don't really need the quantity to justify it.

69ron
#18 Posted : 6/4/2009 6:56:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Sodium carbonate will work. It won’t fizz much but it will burn like hell and leave you sore for a few days. Don’t use it. Have you checked your local Mexican grocery store? They usually have calcium hydroxide in the herb section where its called hydrated lime. Calcium carbonate also works, but not as well. Most vitamin shops sell calcium carbonate.

soulfood
#19 Posted : 6/4/2009 7:04:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Awesome.

Thanks for that. Another couple of hours with idle hands and I'd probably have just gone ahead and ruined the stuff.

I wish I had a local mexican grocery store. I should probably have a better look in my local organic and world foods store as they seem to do pretty much everything... it's just always so busy in there.

Thanks again.

soulfood
#20 Posted : 6/4/2009 7:20:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

How about sea shells?

123NEXT