We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Does anyone know the pKa of LSA (d-lysergic acid amide, ergine) Options

69ron
#1 Posted : 4/11/2009 2:38:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The pKa of LSD is known to be 7.8.

I've been searching and searching and can't find the pKa of LSA mentioned anywhere.

Does anyone know the pKa of LSA (d-lysergic acid amide, ergine)?
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Kannamate
#2 Posted : 4/11/2009 4:43:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I read The pH of LSA is around 8, and its pKa is around 7.8 don't know how reliable that is.

VisualDistortion
#3 Posted : 4/20/2009 9:42:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Alright I've done a little searching and this is what i've found.

The pH of LSA is around 8, and its pKa is around 7.8

And that's it. That was from here http://www.drugs-forum.c...e/index.php/t-43529.html

So it cannot be confirmed. But there really is no info out there on this substance. Could you work progressively backwards, using slightly higher and higher PH until all the LSA is basified and can be extracted? And then when you find out what PH it takes to completely basify LSA you could calculate the pKa. IDK, I'm grasping at straws.

But I have a question for you. At what temperature does LSA degrade?
You lock the door, and throw away the key

There's someone in my head but it's not me

69ron
#4 Posted : 4/20/2009 11:00:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I don't think the pKa of LSA is 7.8. That's the pKa of LSD. I believe someone got it confused with LSA and posted inaccurate information.

I don't know the point at with LSA decomposes from heat. It seems to withstand boiling water (100 C) for 5 minutes or so, but eventually comes apart in it. It can withstand boiling acetone (56 C) for many hours. SWIM uses boiling acetone to extract LSA from HBWR in a Soxhlet. It works really well for that. Boiling MEK (79 C) also seems to work well for extracting LSA from HBWR without decomposing it. But that doesn't tell us much about freebase LSA, because the LSA in HBWR is not freebase (unless the pKa is really low, and I highly doubt that).
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

VisualDistortion
#5 Posted : 4/21/2009 11:24:29 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Yeah, I'd figured someone just posted incorrect info since that is the pKa of LSD. And thanks for letting me know that the acetone pulls are done with a sohxlet, it seemed as if your extraction tech was incredibly work intensive for an extract but that takes alot out of it. Does SWIY do this extract under red light or is LSA fairly stable in normal lighting conditions?

Infundibulum
#6 Posted : 4/21/2009 11:51:42 AM

Kalt und Heiß, Schwarz und Rot, Kürper und Geist, Liebe und Chaos

ModeratorChemical expert

69ron wrote:
The pKa of LSD is known to be 7.8.

I've been searching and searching and can't find the pKa of LSA mentioned anywhere.

Does anyone know the pKa of LSA (d-lysergic acid amide, ergine)?

Grunt! No reliable sources seem to mention it anywhere!

Need to calculate between salts and freebases? Click here!
Need to calculate freebase or salt percentage at a given pH? Click here!

VisualDistortion
#7 Posted : 4/21/2009 12:12:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I know, it's nuts. I've search for LSA info on google in every manner that is concievable to me and can't find shit.

69ron
#8 Posted : 4/21/2009 5:41:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

VisualDistortion wrote:
Yeah, I'd figured someone just posted incorrect info since that is the pKa of LSD. And thanks for letting me know that the acetone pulls are done with a sohxlet, it seemed as if your extraction tech was incredibly work intensive for an extract but that takes alot out of it. Does SWIY do this extract under red light or is LSA fairly stable in normal lighting conditions?

Using a Soxhlet is pretty simple. It’s not a lot of work. It’s all automated.

SWIM’s yields have been roughly 1/2 what they should be according to the literature. He does the extraction in normal light. Maybe some is destroyed by the light? Maybe some is lost from all the excessive defats, washes, maybe his seeds aren’t the most potent, he doesn’t really know. But since the seeds are so cheap, he doesn’t really care if there is actually any loss of LSA. He’d rather have a pure product with some loss in yield, than a high yielded product with lots of contaminants.

VisualDistortion
#9 Posted : 4/21/2009 8:31:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey in case your interested, I found a paper detail column chromatography purification of LSA.

http://research.lycaeum.org/index.rbx?id=4941