We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Food Dehydrator and Limonene? Options

Trips
#1 Posted : 4/7/2009 8:11:53 PM
DMT-Nexus member

How necessary is the food dehydrator for the limonene tek? Will evaporation by means of a fan cause any problems for those of us without dehydrators?

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Trips
#2 Posted : 4/8/2009 8:05:04 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Seriously? Nobody knows? Haha, Common lol. Is there a reason a dehydrator is specifically stated? If it takes too long will it oxidize?

amor_fati
#3 Posted : 4/8/2009 8:33:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expertSenior Member

I think it's just preferable. Are you referring to evaporating limonene itself? Or evaporating vinegar? Water usually takes a long time to evaporate without the use of a dehydrator, and since the product is in salt form, it shouldn't oxidize (which if oxidization were a problem, a dehydrator will probably only make it worse, as in terms of freebase).

Which limonene tek are you referring to, and where does it specifically call for a dehydrator? This section is for other DMT extractions, so I assume that's what you're referring to, but I can't find where it calls for a dehydrator.

TheNtt
#4 Posted : 4/8/2009 8:42:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

amor_fati wrote:
I think it's just preferable. Are you referring to evaporating limonene itself? Or evaporating vinegar? Water usually takes a long time to evaporate without the use of a dehydrator, and since the product is in salt form, it shouldn't oxidize (which if oxidization were a problem, a dehydrator will probably only make it worse, as in terms of freebase).

Which limonene tek are you referring to, and where does it specifically call for a dehydrator? This section is for other DMT extractions, so I assume that's what you're referring to, but I can't find where it calls for a dehydrator.

The DMT tek that calls for a dehydrator is posted here: http://www.dmt-nexus.me/....aspx?g=posts&t=3997

amor_fati
#5 Posted : 4/8/2009 9:14:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expertSenior Member

Ah, ok. I must've glossed over that one and was looking at this one: http://www.dmt-nexus.me/forum/default.aspx?g=posts&t=1308

What I said above would still apply, but I would also add that it would probably help reduce the excess acetic acid trapped in the final product, but SWIM cannot confirm this.