We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
correct amount of fan and mist? Options

Father Time
#1 Posted : 4/30/2013 11:10:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

hey guys and gals!! so only had one cake that made it through colonization due to crappy old spores and it took almost a month and a half to colonize 100% so its important one gets this right to make at least one good spore print from the yield Smile

now the fruiting chamber is a 6 gal bucket with about 20 3/10 holes drilled in it also has a cup of water with an air stone running to keep it humid. also about 5" of damp perlite on the bottom

now my question is how often should it be misted and fanned, a fruiting chamber of that size with only one cake that is ?

thanks

ps. the cake was birthed about 1 hour ago and was dunked and rolled in vermiculite, then placed into the fruiting and misted lightly then the chamber was covered with a clear "lid"

anything posted buy this account is 100% fiction

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Orion
#2 Posted : 6/8/2013 2:28:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The more moisture and humidity the better, the more fanning and fresh air exchange the better too. So fan it it at least 2 or 3 times a day and don't scrimp on the water content, the shrooms love it.
Art Van D'lay wrote:
Smoalk. It. And. See.

liklyut
#3 Posted : 6/8/2013 6:25:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

vaporization of water from a surface of mycelium stimulates formation of pins.
this understanding helped me quite a bit watching my shrooms grow and fanning and misting and all that. if your mycelium looks fresh, not dry [not soggy and wet also], you don't need misting at all, from my experience. bubbler and damp perlite should provide enough humidity.
but also, watch it, if you see there's not a lot condensation on lid, mist a bit. when misting, try to make the smallest water droplets possible.
and mostly, use common sense Smile