We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
Various inquiries about LSA Options

zeekborg
#21 Posted : 7/23/2013 4:43:12 AM

DMT-Nexus member

After thinking about it for a while I think that i will first try Kash's method. See how that goes, if it goes well I would still like to see if a soxhlet extraction technique is viable, but perhaps using a polar solvent for the extraction bit (I believe acetone or IPA was recommended). I realize it is heat sensitive yet at the same time I think it might be over exaggerated a tiny bit (I had accidentally left a couple of tabs of acid in a bag bottle near a fire once, bag got hot enough to melt and I was sure the tabs would be lost due to extreme heat exposure for at least a couple hours, yet when i tried the tabs a few weeks later they seemed fine, if they were damaged I feel like these would have been the best tabs ever Big grin ) so it may be surprisingly resilient.

let it evaporate and do something to wash out all he nasties still left in it. I might even just put it in water with garlic, see how that works out...

At anyrate if anyone s actually interested in this I will do a formal write up that will include perecnt yield. Even if the yield is lower, it may be a more suitable method for processing larger volumes of seeds. I love lab work, but as a hobby I can only dedicate so much time to it, so for me a larger extraction that takes less time (like a day plus evaporation time) would be far more ideal.

Also i dont know how many seeds will actually fit in the soxhlet... but it's fairly large probably at least a kg of powdered seed. maybe more so who knows how this will turn out but at least I'll know for sure. After all experiment is at the foundation of chemistry
"This is your last chance. After this, there is no turning back. You take the blue pill – the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill – you stay in Wonderland and I show you how deep the rabbit-hole goes."

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Ambivalent
#22 Posted : 7/23/2013 5:53:59 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Kash wrote:
Its really pretty hard to measure losses because there is very little quantitative data on LSA amounts in these seeds. If you know of any please show me lol, I would love that.

http://www.clearwhitelight.org/hatter/lsainfo.htm

maybe you missed this page, and can find something information useful here. there are some percentage figures for MG seeds.

too bad the information is not refferenced, so i dont know how valid it is.

Kash
#23 Posted : 7/23/2013 6:51:14 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: Chemistry and Programming

Ambivalent wrote:
Kash wrote:
Its really pretty hard to measure losses because there is very little quantitative data on LSA amounts in these seeds. If you know of any please show me lol, I would love that.

http://www.clearwhitelight.org/hatter/lsainfo.htm

maybe you missed this page, and can find something information useful here. there are some percentage figures for MG seeds.

too bad the information is not refferenced, so i dont know how valid it is.

Yes have seen that one already, not sure how reliable it is. More interested in scientific papers.

@Zeek - A kg of seeds wow thats a big extraction, definitly report your results! SWIM plans on doing a 100g HBWR extraction soon with chromatography on basic alumina he will report the results too. Though it is through a ethyl acetate/sodium bicarb method. Pleased
--------------------------------------------------*Kash's LSA Extraction* * Kash's Mescaline Extraction*------------------------------------------------------
All things I say are complete and utter ramblings of nonsense. Do not consider taking anything iterated from the depths of my subconsciousness rationally and/or seriously.

Kash
#24 Posted : 7/26/2013 7:05:57 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Procedure:
As a trial run for the 100g HBWR seed extraction, 10g seeds were pulverised and 10g sodium bicarb was added. 150ml ethyl acetate was added to this and magnetically stirred for 2 hrs in a closed atmosphere. This was filtered and repeatedly extracted 2 more times using the same volume ethyl acetate. Each volume was distilled down to a low volume following filtration, dried with a warm bath and fan (noting a green residue color), and redissolved in citric h2o + filtered. The slightly yellow aqueous extracts were combined and sat for two weeks refridgerated.

This was then basified with a small amount of ammonia until basic ph 9 and extracted with two volumes of 50ml dichloromethane (fluorescence was noted under uv light). Evaporated this with a warm water bath and fan to give clear freebase LSA residue. Chromatography seemed unnecessary. Added 20ml methanol and mixed well. Added fumaric methanol until acidic. Added 40ml diethyl ether. Evaporated with warm bath and fan to give clear crystalline residue.

Upon scraping up appeared slightly off white and weighed 28mg with likely a small amount of fumaric acid contamination. Redissolved in distilled h2o + methanol for storage with small amount of insolubles (interesting?). Strong fluorescence under uv light.

Notes:
Not a bad yield and though it had some contaminants, it was likely minimal since the solution was titrated carefully. 28 mg of clean dry lysergic extract from ~10g HBWR is not bad in my book. I think next time it would be beneficial to let the seeds extract into the ethyl acetate for a longer amount of time.
--------------------------------------------------*Kash's LSA Extraction* * Kash's Mescaline Extraction*------------------------------------------------------
All things I say are complete and utter ramblings of nonsense. Do not consider taking anything iterated from the depths of my subconsciousness rationally and/or seriously.

zeekborg
#25 Posted : 8/1/2013 4:54:59 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Yeah honestly I dont know if it will fit a kg of seed in there, but it is pretty big so ill let you know how it turns out, I'm glad someone expressed some interest. I feel that there is a lot of potential with LSA and seems to me to be highly underutilized considering the availability of extraction material.

I am looking to find a good deal on a mass quantity of seeds in the near future to allow me to experiment and probably fail miserably a few times. When time allows I will follow up and do a write up of my findings.

Thank you so much Kash for all your help (as well as everyone else who contributed there 2 cents) Thumbs up
"This is your last chance. After this, there is no turning back. You take the blue pill – the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill – you stay in Wonderland and I show you how deep the rabbit-hole goes."

Kash
#26 Posted : 8/9/2013 7:09:55 AM

DMT-Nexus member

If you locate a contact offering a kg of seeds for cheap, let me know lol. Hawaiian strain and indian strain are the only ones worth working with. Smile

PREV12