We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
Your Big Toe...and more... Options

cyb
#1 Posted : 4/30/2013 4:09:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Digi-Art, DTP, Optical tester, Mechanic, CarpenterSenior Member | Skills: Digi-Art, DTP, Optical tester, Mechanic, Carpenter

... I encourage you to watch and listen ...

Love

if you have the time ...it's worth it...

Just want to turn you on
Please do not PM tek related questions
Reserve the right to change your mind at any given moment.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Parshvik Chintan
#2 Posted : 4/30/2013 10:22:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

at first i was a little intimidated by the 2 hour long run-time (especially living in a place with a monthly 25gb download limit).

now i am at 23 mins in, and i am beginning to worry this video won't be long enough Laughing

thanks a ton for posting, cyb. i cannot believe i have never heard of this before now.

[patiently waits for the sciencey-minded folk to come in here and chat about smart stuff]
My wind instrument is the bong
CHANGA IN THE BONGA!

emptymind
#3 Posted : 4/30/2013 11:34:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Anyone read his book? Im about 2/3 of the way through, (Its like 800 pages long and can be a bit tedious, boring and repetitive at times so its taking me a while to read) but for the most part I enjoy it. I had a bunch of ideas about how our reality and hyperspace and all of existence might work floating around in my head, but he puts in all together in a neat system explaining how it fits together at different levels and why it is the way it is.

universecannon
#4 Posted : 5/1/2013 4:36:17 AM

Moderator | Skills: harmalas, melatonin, trip advice, lucid dreaming

nice to see a physicist coming out of the closet and talking about these things openly. I've heard of Tom but i haven't looked into him much yet

thanks for sharing cyb

<Ringworm>hehehe, it's all fun and games till someone loses an "I"

Mr.Peabody
#5 Posted : 5/1/2013 6:37:50 AM

DMT-Nexus member

It's interesting that Terrence McKenna arrived at many similar conclusions, specifically about growing up.

He also got my attention about how the speed of light works as if it was a digital function. It's limited by the speed of pixels.

Thanks for posting this up, cyb!
Be an adult only when necessary.

cyb
#6 Posted : 5/1/2013 7:45:14 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Digi-Art, DTP, Optical tester, Mechanic, CarpenterSenior Member | Skills: Digi-Art, DTP, Optical tester, Mechanic, Carpenter

Glad you guys managed to get through the long interview (sorry Parshvik...maybe there are some radio casts that are smaller).
Yep around 1/3 way through, I was gripped and 'needed' to know moar...
This man has been blowing my mind...I've always had an inkling of what's going on but have never been able to verbalize it before...
This TOE (Theory of Everything), seems to fit nicely and make sense, somehow!
Tom manages to rattle off explanations and keep reiterating them so they sink in...fair play to a wise man..

There are a load of interviews around 1-2 hours long...I intend to listen to them all...(better than any TV show)...

Like you say Uni...it's great to see a learned scientist use his knowledge in a less dogmatic and rigid way.

crack open the minds...

Thumbs up

hug46
#7 Posted : 5/1/2013 9:51:14 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I enjoyed it too and found it interesting, although i had to listen to bits again due to my terrible wandering attention. I listened to it in bed with my eyes closed and he sounded a bit like Billy Bob Thornton, which added to the enjoyment.
Thanks for sharing!

cyb
#8 Posted : 5/1/2013 10:00:16 AM

DMT-Nexus member

hug46 wrote:
sounded a bit like Billy Bob Thornton, which added to the enjoyment.

If Billy Bob was a nuclear physicist...the Big TOE would crumble to Dust...Surprised

A series of nine short vids...highly recommended

#9 Posted : 5/1/2013 10:05:29 AM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

Very cool cyb Cool

Thanks for posting.

ganjaman
#10 Posted : 5/1/2013 4:38:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for posting cyb. Some interessting ideas.
I already ordered the book.

universecannon
#11 Posted : 5/1/2013 4:41:47 PM

He mentioned PEAR labs at princeton investigating human influence on random output devices of all sorts. I've heard of them before but didn't know they had a website. http://www.princeton.edu/~pear/

The vid on the right was interesting

cyb
#12 Posted : 5/1/2013 4:54:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

universecannon wrote:
He mentioned PEAR labs at princeton investigating human influence on random output devices of all sorts. I've heard of them before but didn't know they had a website. http://www.princeton.edu/~pear/

The vid on the right was interesting

Uni...I got into this stuff many years ago and moved on since
but the gist is still there and the ideas remain fresh...the PEAR program was kinda ground breaking.
If you like this stuff...you may also like Lynne McTaggarts book - The Field
She was considered a pseudo scientific quack back then...but now...well things have moved on.
I'll post it up here...have a read.

universecannon
#13 Posted : 5/1/2013 6:20:27 PM

Thanks cyb, i actually read that book a few years ago :]

I definitely remember enjoying it

mailorderdiety
#14 Posted : 5/2/2013 2:44:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

this has been very interesting cyb... thank you. I also enjoyed him and bruce lipton together. But i must confess it leaves me a bit unsettled. I haven't figured out how to integrate this. Similar to after having my first break through.... Shocked Drool

emptymind
#15 Posted : 6/7/2013 3:27:06 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Bumping this thread as I finally finished his book. It can be a bit tedious, and I think it could have been reduced to almost half its size, but I would still recommend it to everyone here. Some of the things he wrote about explained very clearly and logically the how why and what of exact dmt experiences I have had.

Here is one of the them. I describe an experience where I am told we are living in a type of computer simulation, the purpose of which is an experiment of some type on consciousness. Beings predict which things I will choose, and tell me that every possible variation of the way things could happen is computed.
https://www.dmt-nexus.me...&m=314848#post314848

In his book, he explains that all of existence is like a computer, and this computer keeps creating new dimensions as learning labs/experiments to grow consciousness. He claims that one part of this computer computes the future based on complex mathematical algorithms made by analyzing the past. Every moment there is a finite set of new possible outcomes, or choices an individual makes, and the computer analyzes and computes the most logical progression from each one of the possibilities. He even claims that when you become good enough at navigating NPMR (non physical matter reality as he calls it-I think its the same as what we call hyperspace) you can access this information to see what effects having certain choices has made on your life-you can go back and look at what would have happened if you had done things differently. Anyways, the way he explained all this, rung very true and similar to my experience described above. There are many more in the book, but I would suggest reading it yourself.

cyb
#16 Posted : 6/7/2013 4:15:06 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Great that you made it through the book...I'm still preferring the passive influx of the vids...what a fascinating idea...I hope more people realise the potential in this.
Thumbs up

cubeananda
#17 Posted : 6/7/2013 7:01:23 AM

jai

Watch this, for as long as you have the energy for, taste this man's being.

Then consider the word "Be"

Let the sum of your higher-mind be contained in this single word.

We will learn more this way. If we are practice our ability to be in this space which our friend Tom Campbell shows us, the word Be can help. Its good to let the soft-spoken intuition move however it needs to, but when we attempt to translate this into words... "Be" can become the solution.

To put into his terminology, the word "Be" acts in the same way light does. It is a constant. Tom places consciousness as the foundation of his entire ToE. This is how he explains why the speed of light is a constant. Because Light is the expression of consciousness within the 'physical reality frame'

Light is the Mirror of consciousness.

Within the 'mental reality frame' (or our intention) Be is the same thing. But, there needs to be a certain degree of consciousness already present, in the same way there needs to be consciousness to observe light, or there needs to be a mirror to reflect light.

By doing this we can enter the 'transition frame' Essentially the neutral gear one passes through while changing gears.

In my own understanding the 'transition frame' is the electronic world between the cellular world and the molecular/digital world. pure bzzzz. I guess this is the space one needs to start from in order to access different possibilities. To intentionally bring the unlikely occurance of flipping a coin to heads 100 times in a row into reality, we would start from this 'transition frame' But even more importantly, its consciousness of this transition frame that would allow us to escape even the digital "infinity". I think this is what we might consider "heaven"

In my own simpleton terminologies:

There is a very high energy which this video produces, to be available to it we must be aware of the witnessing self, while at the same time holding our attention firmly.

To hold attention firmly requires 50% attention on the object and the other half on our mind and being When the mind and being waver, "Be" is the reminder for the mind and being to stabilize, relax, and absorb
Just practical advice on how to gain from this Smile

And here's a nice book from a conscious being Smile
http://www.holybooks.com...eory-of-Eternal-Life.pdf

edit: (as a joke) I was wondering what body Shiva entered after OSHO died! bom shiva, but really he seems like a genuinely sweet man.

jbark
#18 Posted : 6/7/2013 4:51:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Can someone please lay out the alleged logic behind this man's claims? I have watched 3 + hrs of his diatribes and claims to airtight "logic", but see absolutely no logic whatsoever in his assertions, but rather a lot of leaps, piled on leaps and held up by leaps upon leaps of faith. I like a lot of his ideas, but his certainty and claims to infallible truth kind of get under my skin in the absence of any true logical through-line.

So if someone can lay down a step by step logical progression leading to his "inevitable" conclusion that this is actually a simulation, I would be elated. I have not seen it in his talks (rather the opposite) and am rather disinclined to spend another few hours trying to piece something together that seems to me to have far more in common than he would surely admit with the pervasive dogmas of the religious traditions he eschews.

I need to say I am curious and I like his ideas so this doesn't come off as a rant against him. It's just the arrogance of certainty and the claims of "science" and "logic" that get my goat.

Cheers,

JBArk
JBArk is a Mandelthought; a non-fiction character in a drama of his own design he calls "LIFE" who partakes in consciousness expanding activities and substances; he should in no way be confused with SWIM, who is an eminently data-mineable and prolific character who has somehow convinced himself the target he wears on his forehead is actually a shield.

universecannon
#19 Posted : 6/7/2013 5:04:26 PM

jbark wrote:
I like a lot of his ideas, but his certainty and claims to infallible truth kind of get under my skin

Yeah i have to say i too was a bit put off by his absolute certainty of truth

cyb
#20 Posted : 6/7/2013 5:12:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Does he claim infallible truth?!?...
After all...it is >his< Big 'Theory' of Everything...

If it's all just data...what is truth?

12NEXT