We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Just received a 30 ML sample of Elemi Oil (Therapeutic Grade) "Unadultered" Options

TOXSIN
#1 Posted : 4/29/2013 5:12:35 PM

Knowledge is power, at the price of losing the bliss of ignorance

Smells remotely like nutmeg and not like citrus or lemon like some research shows is a trait of weaker batches, this is supposed to be steam distilled as well. My main question is, I recently got put on Paxil, then experienced bad side effects within the first 3 weeks, (quit the paxil about 1 week ago) would I be safe to use this? And also does anyone else have any noteworthy experience with this chemical, I've done some research but alot of posts I find are inconclusive or from a few years ago, and dosage varies widely I've seen from .5ML to 2ML also people noted dosage by "Drops" which as we know isn't reliable as not all droppers function the same.
Understand: Nature knows no EVIL, Nature knows no GOOD, people know these things, because we perceive these things, with the gift of senses given to us at birth. A good or bad experience is simply a bridge to a another existential time frame, so always live in the moment and make every one a positive moment!

Any and all posts or interactions are to be held as my fictional writings/short stories or dreams. I may even have some delirium setting in, I've never been tested for it. The only exception to this is the statement about nature above, I feel this is a fact!

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Fable
#2 Posted : 6/6/2013 9:22:27 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I put 2-3 drops of elemi oil on my fore arm and mixed it in with emu oil and rubbed both fore arms together, weirdness ensued. I felt mildly trippy for about 5 hours.
Start low, I think too much could start to feel a bit toxic.
Next time I try this I will go for 3 - 4 drops. I think 5-10 might render me unable to leave the house.
I am a leaf on the the wind, watch how I soar!

AluminumFoilRobots
#3 Posted : 6/6/2013 7:49:04 PM

gufyg

the half-life of paroxetine can be up to 64 hours, short for an SSRI. Myself, I would give it a week at least. (guess a week has elapsed.)
I always read that elemi wasn't the active? But then it could have been bunk elemi
ุจุณู… ุงู„ู„ู‡ ุงู„ุฑุญู…ู† ุงู„ุฑุญูŠู…

Fairly responsible Kratom user.

"whenever he drank ayahuasca, he had such beautiful visions that he used to put his hands over his eyes for fear somebody might steal them."
in between the grinding-brakes of a train crash while aluminum-foil robots make obnoxious sex noises on a static-filled walkie-talkie radio.

TOXSIN
#4 Posted : 6/6/2013 9:32:59 PM

I've tried it, in doses up to 1 ml I think it was... didn't taste good and without extracting in DMSO it did make me slightly sick nothing terrible though I've had worse on HBWR, however the effects were minimal like, it was almost no come up all of a sudden there was a peak with sparkles everywhere lasted about 15 mins then kinda went down... maybe it would be interesting t mix with other psyches but on its own not very great.
Understand: Nature knows no EVIL, Nature knows no GOOD, people know these things, because we perceive these things, with the gift of senses given to us at birth. A good or bad experience is simply a bridge to a another existential time frame, so always live in the moment and make every one a positive moment!

Any and all posts or interactions are to be held as my fictional writings/short stories or dreams. I may even have some delirium setting in, I've never been tested for it. The only exception to this is the statement about nature above, I feel this is a fact!

Fable
#5 Posted : 6/7/2013 4:25:39 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Try transdermally with emu oil.
I have tried lemon oil and found a faster onset (5-10 min) and almost euphoric rush with transdermal application compared with capping and digesting. I imagine the same could be said for a lot of essential oils.
I guess it also depends a lot on your liver biochemistry and how your body deals with it, my elemi oil smelled of what I imagine a citrus/ylang ylang combo would be like at 80:20 ratio.
Plenty more oils to test.
I am a leaf on the the wind, watch how I soar!

TOXSIN
#6 Posted : 6/9/2013 3:52:46 AM

Fable wrote:
Try transdermally with emu oil.
I have tried lemon oil and found a faster onset (5-10 min) and almost euphoric rush with transdermal application compared with capping and digesting. I imagine the same could be said for a lot of essential oils.
I guess it also depends a lot on your liver biochemistry and how your body deals with it, my elemi oil smelled of what I imagine a citrus/ylang ylang combo would be like at 80:20 ratio.
Plenty more oils to test.

Are you saying try lemon oil as OPPOSED TO ELEMI or in combination with ELEMI, and I've heard the best smells like what mine smells like, VERY VERY STRONG NUTMEG ODOR. And what dose would you suggest for transdermal and what were the effects like?

MaNoMaNoM
#7 Posted : 9/26/2013 10:43:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

If interested in essential oils, look at this place, and also HerbPedia.
Please remember to share your best findings with us at the nNexus!
*ALL WAYS WITH LOVE

TOXSIN
#8 Posted : 9/27/2013 12:50:49 AM

I actually totally forgot about my bottle of elemi I still have it stashed but I've been using various RCs at the moment to satisfy my need for mind enhancement when dosing elemi it always seemed a little to too toxic and sedating at low doses that only proved slightly psychedelic IE I would get some sparkler like effects in my vision for about 5 mins at the peak then nothing more then a sickly body high. eventually I will probably persue more research into this but as of now I have stopped useage.

oilman
#9 Posted : 10/14/2013 4:00:28 AM

DMT-Nexus member

A few things:

DO NOT DRINK ESSENTIAL OILS. People have been talking about that on here for a while, it's a terrible idea, AND very few components in the EO's will absorb well through the GI track. Instead, either (a) try transdermal absorption, which I have had some success with; (b) put 2-3 drops in a small glass and inhale the vapors for about 10 second bursts; (c) put 2 drops on a small tea light candle BUT IT'S FLAMMABLE SO BE CAREFUL WITH THIS METHOD; (d) put 2 drops on [insert favorite plant matter to smoke] and smoke it.

I would say that inhalation of the vapors is the best way to feel the effects of elemi oil, or any good EO. It's not fast to stand over the glass and breath, but it's better for you than burning it, and it can produce the same effects. Rubbing in the skin can work too, but you will get higher concentrations in your blood if you inhale the vapor/smoke it laced into something than through your skin. Through your skin is very inefficient.

FYI - if you love smoking cannabis, there is a great article on pubmed about the terpines in the plant. I have personally made an essential oil booster for cannabis consisting of lemongrass, lime, and basil that will KNOCK ME ON MY ASS everytime, and I smoke often. Changing the mixes often helps to not develop tolerance. I actually want to combine elemi or Indonesian nutmeg oils with cannabis and see if I trip my balls off. Thumbs up

steppa
#10 Posted : 10/14/2013 8:14:54 AM

DMT-Nexus member

oilman wrote:

I have personally made an essential oil booster for cannabis consisting of lemongrass, lime, and basil that will KNOCK ME ON MY ASS everytime

That sounds really interesting! Would you mind writing down the steps you took to archive this effect? Maybe we can have an "enhancing cannabis"-thread or something like this?
Everything is always okay in the end, if it's not, then it's not the end.

oilman
#11 Posted : 10/14/2013 3:17:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Toxsin - don't drink it; it almost never works that way. A user that doesn't post here anymore got on a kick about how everyone should buy elemi oil and drink it to get high - surprise surprise a lot of people bought it and drank it and nothing happened, or they felt sick. What makes matters worse is people were ingesting something like 30 drops at a time, that's usually about 1.5mL and that's a ton of the stuff! Most aroma compounds achieve effects at blood plasma concentrations in the ng/kg range. This shows us that the oral route is not effective. Aromatherapists usually discourage drinking essential oils for this very reason, unless there is a specific purpose (whether clinical or spiritual).

Much better methods are what I described above. I actually experimented with more essential oils in a tea light (about 15 drops, which from my 1mL dropper comes out around 0.5mL) since yesterday - this thread got me back into aromatherapy, believe it or not, after a long hiatus. I really like the candle method. It combines a lot of elements and senses: smell, heat from the flame, light, spiritual significance; in my spiritual tradition (Judaism), the flame represents the soul of man, bound to earth but striving to break free, and I found great meaning using the candle this morning.

Heat the wax first by letting the candle burn for a few minutes, and a pocket of wax will have become liquid. Safe method is to then blow out the candle, drop 15 drops of oil into the still liquid wax, and then either let the wax set and use it later, or relight the candle and enjoy now. I used the mix from above (lemongrass, lime, and sweet basil) and I actually got high. You should only leave the candle lit until you start to feel the effects of whatever oil(s) you are using. [EDIT: what I mean by this is when using new oils, you should be cautious, because people have different reactions to different compounds, and a lit candle will keep burning and filling the room with stuff even if you feel sick or uneasy.] Keep the candle close by for quickest effects, or across the room for slower effects. Either way make sure you can either leave the room or get fresh air if you start to feel something that you aren't in to.

steppa - You have inspired me. Post on using essential oils for various purposes to follow. Thumbs up

steppa
#12 Posted : 10/14/2013 4:04:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

oilman wrote:
steppa - You have inspired me. Post on using essential oils for various purposes to follow. Thumbs up

Awesome! I'm eagerly looking forward to it! Love
Everything is always okay in the end, if it's not, then it's not the end.