We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
HBWR and Dramamine Options

coolerf
#1 Posted : 4/7/2009 1:24:28 AM
DMT-Nexus member

After many experiences with HBWR with and without Dramamine, I have noticed that when Dramamine(either the original or the non-drowsy) is ingested 10-15 min before the HBWR seeds are taken, not only does it stave off the nausea(or even eliminate it) it also strengthens the trip making it more visual in my experience, does anyone have any chemistry or logic to support this observation?

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

40oztofreedom
#2 Posted : 4/9/2009 5:32:52 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I don't have any chemistry knowledge to back it up, but I do know first hand that 50mg's of diphenhydramine hcl completely got rid on any nausea for my LSH tea mixture.

Everytime I make this tea, LSA, LSH, whenever I make into a tea form my stomach can never handle it. Each and every time I hold it longer and longer than the previous, but I ALWAYS throw everything up, and the trip pretty much just aborts from there.

But, 50 mg's about a half hour before I drank the tea got rid of all the nausea. As for the visuals, I wouldn't know much of a difference because I only succesfully did it with DPH. But yeah, it was pretty visual.
So glad to see you have overcome them.
Completely silent now
With heaven's help
You cast your demons out

--------------------
I lie compulsively, and I am subjected to mental disorders as to where I have trouble even considering my own existance.

polytrip
#3 Posted : 6/19/2009 9:59:39 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
Could it be the same mechanism as with the enhancing effect of datura seeds? Where i live dramamine is not available over the counter (i believe only with medical prescriptions)but i know that tropanes and their chemical derivates are used for the same purposes as dramamine so there might be some mechanism they have in common.

69ron
#4 Posted : 6/19/2009 10:12:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yes. Hyoscyamine (the main alkaloid in Datura stramonium seeds) and Dramamine (dimenhydrinate) are very similar in how they affect the brain and body. Both are anticholinergics.

Hyoscyamine is more stimulating and dimenhydrinate is more sedating (more like scopolamine).

Hyoscyamine will enhance the effects of LSA better than dimenhydrinate will.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

Thanatananda23
#5 Posted : 6/22/2009 2:06:05 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Have read in different arena's of datura's noxious effects, and or harmful chemicals. Does anyone care to expound on possible inimical qualities to datura, or any other seemingly benign entheogen?

Information appears as surprise, like a lion in sheeps clothing.

Uncloak yours. Here.
Horus Eye milky way galaxy glissading, swaying hag's hair neath arch de morir, a mirror reflecting everything, holding nothing near, Here.

69ron
#6 Posted : 6/22/2009 2:26:39 AM

DMT-Nexus member

3 seeds of Datura stramonium are COMPLETELY SAFE. They contain up to 0.7% alkaloids, 80% of that being hyoscyamine, and the remaining being mostly scopolamine and traces of atropine.

Each seed weighs up to 10 mg. So that’s a maximum of 70 micrograms of hyoscyamine per seed, The maximum safe pharmaceutical dose of hyoscyamine is 1500 micrograms. The lowest dose used pharmaceutically is normally 400 micrograms taken 3 times a day, so 210 (70x3) micrograms of hyoscyamine is EXTREMELY SAFE.

When 3 seeds are used with HBWR, they very effectively block the nausea, as well as increase the visual effects, increase the euphoria, help block the sedative effects, and make the trip more LSD like. It’s a 4 star combination.

Datura stramonium got a bad reputation from idiots taking massive overdoses of 50 or more seeds to produce a toxic state of delirium. That’s extremely dangerous, can kill you, put you in a coma, etc. The maximum safe dosage of seeds is set at 20 seeds. One should never take more than 10 seeds to be extra safe. 3 seeds are absolutely completely safe.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

endlessness
#7 Posted : 6/22/2009 10:40:34 AM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM also had his nausea eliminated by taking dramamine before HBWR once... nowadays he is a bit picky and doesnt like taking any medication from Big Pharma (unless its emergency), but for those who dont have a problem with it and do suffer from a lot of nausea with HBWR, it can be a good help