We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV3456NEXT
Bye-Bye Choreboy Options

anrchy
#81 Posted : 6/12/2014 8:04:43 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I only use a bic to melt the crystals with it loaded. Once they are melted I use a small soldering torch.
Open your Mind () Please read my DMT vaping guide () Fear is the mind killer

"Energy flows where attention goes"

[Please review the forum Wiki and FAQ before posting questions]

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

TiHKAL
#82 Posted : 6/17/2014 1:32:11 PM

Nullius in verba.

Today I decided to use the ceramic disc with my handcarved VaporGenie.

First I had to remove the screen as well as the screen support coil or otherwise there wouldn't have been enough space for the ceramic disc. However after removing the screen support coil the ceramic disc fit in there perfectly. There is slight side to side movement but according to gibran this is a good thing.

With the top screwed back on the disc sits really close to the diffusor (comparable to "the lip technique" with the GVG).

Went for a 15mg test run and all I have to say that I'd like to rename my pipe to "shotgun" because that's how it felt like. The vapor came almost immediately and catapulted me deep inside hyperspace.

I'm very satisfied with the VG and will have to experiment which of the VGs is more suitable for my technique.

The main complain from Nexus members about the VG compared to the GVG is that you can't see the vapor because it's made out of wood. When people were still using copper mesh it was rather easy to melt the DMT through the screens but with this ceramic disc it's close to impossible even when using the torch very agressively making the VG super easy to use.

I'd be curious to hear from other members who have a chance to try my technique out and compare it to their GVG experience.

yamma1
#83 Posted : 6/19/2014 12:54:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

TiHKAL wrote:
Today I decided to use the ceramic disc with my handcarved VaporGenie.

First I had to remove the screen as well as the screen support coil or otherwise there wouldn't have been enough space for the ceramic disc. However after removing the screen support coil the ceramic disc fit in there perfectly. There is slight side to side movement but according to gibran this is a good thing.

With the top screwed back on the disc sits really close to the diffusor (comparable to "the lip technique" with the GVG).

Went for a 15mg test run and all I have to say that I'd like to rename my pipe to "shotgun" because that's how it felt like. The vapor came almost immediately and catapulted me deep inside hyperspace.

I'm very satisfied with the VG and will have to experiment which of the VGs is more suitable for my technique.

The main complain from Nexus members about the VG compared to the GVG is that you can't see the vapor because it's made out of wood. When people were still using copper mesh it was rather easy to melt the DMT through the screens but with this ceramic disc it's close to impossible even when using the torch very agressively making the VG super easy to use.

I'd be curious to hear from other members who have a chance to try my technique out and compare it to their GVG experience.

I made this from my standard vg mate.HERE maybe you could do something similer. I have now removed the " tape" and fitted a rubber style gromit over the pipe. I can then just push on the glass baster. It makes a real real difference as I can see as soon as vapour starts and can hold flame accordingly. hope this helps

“Psychedelics are illegal not because a loving government is concerned that you may jump out of a third story window. Psychedelics are illegal because they dissolve opinion structures and culturally laid down models of behaviour and information processing. They open you up to the possibility that everything you know is wrong.”

Terrence Mckenna

TiHKAL
#84 Posted : 6/19/2014 1:27:29 PM

Nullius in verba.

yamma1 wrote:

I made this from my standard vg mate.HERE maybe you could do something similer. I have now removed the " tape" and fitted a rubber style gromit over the pipe. I can then just push on the glass baster. It makes a real real difference as I can see as soon as vapour starts and can hold flame accordingly. hope this helps

Hey yamma1, thank you for your advice and that's quite a neat trick you have there but fortunately I own both: The VG as well as the GVG.
Just thought I'd share my experience with my slightly modified VG that uses a ceramic disc instead of a copper mesh.

yamma1
#85 Posted : 6/19/2014 1:35:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

cool mate, thanks

I will be purchasing a GVG hopefully next month. Hopefully can use the ceramic disc from my standard in the GVG.

soon I will have both Very happy then comes my comparing

cheers Very happy
“Psychedelics are illegal not because a loving government is concerned that you may jump out of a third story window. Psychedelics are illegal because they dissolve opinion structures and culturally laid down models of behaviour and information processing. They open you up to the possibility that everything you know is wrong.”

Terrence Mckenna

yamma1
#86 Posted : 7/17/2014 8:26:24 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Para wrote:
I have the green labeled GVG.
I took the ceramic foam from a classic vg and tried to put it inside GVG chamber. It doesn't go all the way down to the screen, it cannot pass the lip designed to keep the screen inside GVG chamber.
The ceramic foam from a classic VG is straight compared with the one from GVG which is slightly conical.

I have received my GVG, I have taken the ceramic disk from the classic VG and it fits my GVG perfectly. It passes the lip with no problems and fits right on the hole. To remove I just tip the GVG over and it falls out.

Maybe the ceramic disk from my classic is a different size or the GVG when moulded has a slightly wider "lip"

and also, WOW, what a device to vapourize spice. Big grin

Terrence Mckenna

starway6
#87 Posted : 7/18/2014 1:39:54 AM

DMT-Nexus member

After trying most everything...
I dont have the expensive volcano machine but...I find the Volcano wet pad works best for vaping crystals and waxes..
You get two pads for 5 bucks ..just tear off a chunk and shape it with your fingers to fit your pipe bowl..
I even use liquid DMT tincher but putting drops on the crushed stainless steel wool and it dryes compleatly leaving only the spice to be vaped..
It can be cleaned with alcohol and re used...
I buy mine at a local head shop...
photo below...
starway6 attached the following image(s):
DSC08589.JPG (3,091kb) downloaded 627 time(s).
DSC08576.JPG (3,299kb) downloaded 623 time(s).

yamma1
#88 Posted : 7/18/2014 1:11:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I found that I was getting some spice was not getting vapourized and collecting at the bottom section of my GVG.

I think its due to pre melting into the ceramic disk, so once starting to use, the spice has already possibly travelled too far into the disk.

So, I thought it would be better have the spice sitting on top of disk, This proved a little difficult especially once trying to insert the disk into pipe.

So now I place the disk into the GVG to start, and using a screen, I bend into a sort of dish, This I find can hold more than enough spice and easier to set down into the pipe (onto the already fitted disk) with tweezers.

Doing this I found that the spice should vapourize completely BEFORE it reaches and melts all the way through.

See pics, describes it better.

and how it sits once inside the GVG.

Also, I don't have to worry about burning the spice while melting it.

Terrence Mckenna

TiHKAL
#89 Posted : 8/9/2014 10:59:52 AM

Nullius in verba.

Spiritofspice wrote:
Check these out http://www.magicglass.de/produc...omed-vapoizer.html&= I ordered one for my GVG this should work a treat.

The diameter is too big for the GVG without modifications. My ceramic stone has a 13mm diameter compared to your 23mm foam pellet.

starway6
#90 Posted : 8/10/2014 12:34:29 AM

DMT-Nexus member

The best thing i have ever used is a volcano wet pad..try it.!

Intezam
#91 Posted : 9/8/2014 4:24:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Europeans, this site from Australia has the 11,1mm flavour discs, both eggshell and charcoal, they charge AU$ 7,00 plus AU$ 7,68 for shipping to Europe (roughly € 10,00 alltogether) Can be payed using paypal.
http://www.australianvap...eramic-flavour-disc.html
They also have it on ebay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/281225633630 (minus int. shippingSad )

steppa
#92 Posted : 9/8/2014 4:54:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Intezam wrote:
Europeans, this site from Australia has the 11,1mm flavour discs, both eggshell and charcoal, they charge AU$ 7,00 plus AU$ 7,68 for shipping to Europe (roughly € 10,00 alltogether) Can be payed using paypal.
http://www.australianvap...eramic-flavour-disc.html
They also have it on ebay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/281225633630 (minus int. shippingSad )

Thanks for the info. Much appreciated! Thumbs up
Everything is always okay in the end, if it's not, then it's not the end.

concombres
#93 Posted : 10/17/2014 12:01:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Anyone tried suggesting directly to vapor genie that they make their own flavor disks that fit different models perfectly?Big grin
Could make things alot simpler.

oversoul1919
#94 Posted : 10/17/2014 4:39:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Has it clogged yet? Very happy

Seriously, it's gonna get clogged with unvaporized DMT over time. I hope it can get cleaned with non-polar solvents?

ManicMongrel
#95 Posted : 10/18/2014 12:20:52 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Are these ceramic foam disks made from the same type of ceramic foams used to filter molten metals like steel and aluminum?

ceramic foams, molten metal filtration

There is one type available on ebay, could be a decent alternative for DIY vaporizers

TiHKAL
#96 Posted : 10/18/2014 10:12:59 AM

Nullius in verba.

Tryptamine420 wrote:
Anyone tried suggesting directly to vapor genie that they make their own flavor disks that fit different models perfectly?Big grin
Could make things alot simpler.

They are experimenting with it. Should be for sale within a year.

boogerz
#97 Posted : 11/14/2014 5:27:11 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Is shipping unusually high for these disks?
The quote I got from their website for a couple of disks seem kinda steep.

enthdimension
#98 Posted : 11/19/2014 5:21:00 AM

DMT-Nexus member

oversoul1919 wrote:
Has it clogged yet? Very happy

Seriously, it's gonna get clogged with unvaporized DMT over time. I hope it can get cleaned with non-polar solvents?

I've been using ceramic pads for a while now (about 25 30mg trips total) and have no issues at all with clogging. Perhaps I have very pure Spice.

To clear off any remaining Spice or residue I heat it red hot directly with a torch for several seconds.

enthdimension
#99 Posted : 11/19/2014 5:33:15 AM

DMT-Nexus member

anrchy wrote:
I only use a bic to melt the crystals with it loaded. Once they are melted I use a small soldering torch.

I used to load the Spice onto the disc, then use a lighter to warm it without touching it with the flame til it melted. However, I realized no matter how careful I was, the Spice would slightly turn golden as I warmed it, indicated "caramelizing" or breaking down had probably occured. I also noticed the vapor had a burnt Spice taste to it and was quite a bit more harsh.
Now what I do is first warm the disc itself (warm, not too hot!) then load the Spice from a folded piece of paper onto it. The Spice melts right on. If any Spice happens not to melt, I just press it into the pad ligtly with the handle of my tweezers(it usually sticks just fine without spilling off). Then I load it into the GVG with the tweezers.

humblebee
#100 Posted : 11/24/2014 6:35:43 AM

DMT-Nexus member

boogerz wrote:
Is shipping unusually high for these disks?
The quote I got from their website for a couple of disks seem kinda steep.

I thought so too, so emailed them and they offered cheaper shipping, $12.57 at the website, so they offered $7.75 but have to call or email to order. I mean, $12.50~ for CO to CA? Why?Confused
Upon return from hyperspace-"Wow I have a body with arms and legs and everything!"

btw-It's all true!

«PREV3456NEXT