We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV23456NEXT
Bye-Bye Choreboy Options

gibran2
#61 Posted : 3/27/2014 1:47:21 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expertSenior Member

Entheogenerator wrote:
I've been using ceramic filters for the classic VG. The holes are smaller and more densely distributed, and it seems to fit in my GVG better than the ceramic flavor discs.

Yes – the Vapor Genie discs are made of a much higher quality ceramic foam. I’m guessing it’s not possible to buy a VG ceramic disc unless you’ve already purchased a VG? If I remember correctly, the VG people don’t sell the ceramic discs unless you have proof of a VG purchase?
gibran2 is a fictional character. Any resemblance to anyone living or dead is purely coincidental.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Entheogenerator
#62 Posted : 3/27/2014 9:12:31 AM

Homo discens

gibran2 wrote:
Yes – the Vapor Genie discs are made of a much higher quality ceramic foam. I’m guessing it’s not possible to buy a VG ceramic disc unless you’ve already purchased a VG? If I remember correctly, the VG people don’t sell the ceramic discs unless you have proof of a VG purchase?

Well... I guess that would be determined by one's own moral code. I bought my first GVG second-hand. I emailed VaporGenie a few months ago asking them if I could purchase a ceramic filter if I had bought my GVG from somewhere other than the VG website, and they sent me the link to the hidden "replacement tops and filters" page.

So technically it's not possible to purchase a replacement filter unless one has purchased a GVG previously, or they are comfortable being dishonest in order to get what they want... Confused I certainly wouldn't be comfortable lying in order to purchase an object that allows me to venture into hyperspace more efficiently. Dishonesty and guilt are two things that I definitely do not want on my conscience, especially during the moments leading up to such a journey.
"It's all fun and games until someone loses an I" - Ringworm
Attitude PageHealth & SafetyFAQKnown Substance InteractionsExtraction TeksThe Machine

No Knowing
#63 Posted : 3/27/2014 9:23:02 PM

fool adept

I have a green-label GVG. The smaller size flavor disk has worked well for me, BUT only up to 35-40mgs. Past this it gets pretty hard to get it all in there.

I have gotten up to single 45mg hits in the GVG as I don't smoke breakthroughs often. When I do I want to go far.

I have ordered the larger flavor disk and will report back how they fared with my GVG.
In the province of the mind what one believes to be true, either is true or becomes true within certain limits. These limits are to be found experimentally and experientially. When so found these limits turn out to be further beliefs to be transcended. In the province of the mind there are no limits. However, in the province of the body there are definite limits not to be transcended.-J.C. Lilly
The Spice must flow
Zat was Zen and dis is Dao.

No Knowing
#64 Posted : 4/1/2014 1:19:45 AM

fool adept

The larger ones do not fit the green label GVG. I also ordered black this time and it is significantly softer and easier to break than the white disks. So it seems like I'll stick with my original smaller, white disks.

I may possibly shave one of the large black disks to fit, but all attempts so far have led to them crumbling in large pieces.

So, for owners of the newer GVG with the lip, the larger ones are not the way to go. The white disks also seem to be the better choice to avoid breakage.

My next attempt will be to get a new GVG silicon foam piece which seems to be higher quality than the lifesaber flavor disks, while also, being the perfect size for the GVG.

I shall report back when I get one of those.
In the province of the mind what one believes to be true, either is true or becomes true within certain limits. These limits are to be found experimentally and experientially. When so found these limits turn out to be further beliefs to be transcended. In the province of the mind there are no limits. However, in the province of the body there are definite limits not to be transcended.-J.C. Lilly
The Spice must flow
Zat was Zen and dis is Dao.

Para
#65 Posted : 4/1/2014 1:10:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I have the green labeled GVG.
I took the ceramic foam from a classic vg and tried to put it inside GVG chamber. It doesn't go all the way down to the screen, it cannot pass the lip designed to keep the screen inside GVG chamber.
The ceramic foam from a classic VG is straight compared with the one from GVG which is slightly conical.

starway6
#66 Posted : 4/1/2014 5:19:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Ive tryed the ceramic flavor disks..they work fine if your bowl is large enough alowing enough air flow around the disk ..[you cant blow through the disks..
But you may want to try forming a peice of a volcano wet pad to fit into your pipe bowl..
They work great especialy when i use dmt tincher in them...
Photo below of volcano wet pad..its basicly corse steel whool formed to fit a volcano..but you can just tear off a peice and form it by hand to fit your pipe bowl...
starway6 attached the following image(s):
DSC08576.JPG (3,299kb) downloaded 642 time(s).

Entheogenerator
#67 Posted : 4/1/2014 9:53:15 PM

Homo discens

Para wrote:
I have the green labeled GVG.
I took the ceramic foam from a classic vg and tried to put it inside GVG chamber. It doesn't go all the way down to the screen, it cannot pass the lip designed to keep the screen inside GVG chamber.
The ceramic foam from a classic VG is straight compared with the one from GVG which is slightly conical.

This is the method I have been using recently, and it has shown to be much more effective for me.

starway6 wrote:
Ive tryed the ceramic flavor disks..they work fine if your bowl is large enough alowing enough air flow around the disk ..[you cant blow through the disks..
But you may want to try forming a peice of a volcano wet pad to fit into your pipe bowl..
They work great especialy when i use dmt tincher in them...
Photo below of volcano wet pad..its basicly corse steel whool formed to fit a volcano..but you can just tear off a peice and form it by hand to fit your pipe bowl...

They work much better if air cannot flow around the disc. Wink
Attitude PageHealth & SafetyFAQKnown Substance InteractionsExtraction TeksThe Machine

anrchy
#68 Posted : 6/2/2014 11:31:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

This is getting confusing. I wish you guys would be a little more precise in describing what you are using lol Smile

So if I order from vapor genie which one do I get? The ceramic for the classic or the ceramic for the glass vapor genie? One user said the classic has straight sides and doesn't fit, and the ceramic from the gvg is conical. I have the green label gvg btw.

I'm currently using a white (unsure of material) disc I found at a head shop. I tested it out this weekend and seems to work well. However it is VERY brittle and didn't fit properly. I had to shove it down into the gvg hard which cause some edges to crumble and it's in there there until I destroy it taking it out.

If there is a higher quality piece that fits in and is easily removable I would like to know which one to get. The smaller flavor disc or the vapor genie alternative?
Open your Mind () Please read my DMT vaping guide () Fear is the mind killer

"Energy flows where attention goes"

[Please review the forum Wiki and FAQ before posting questions]

Entheogenerator
#69 Posted : 6/3/2014 7:31:50 AM

Homo discens

anrchy wrote:
This is getting confusing. I wish you guys would be a little more precise in describing what you are using lol Smile

So if I order from vapor genie which one do I get? The ceramic for the classic or the ceramic for the glass vapor genie? One user said the classic has straight sides and doesn't fit, and the ceramic from the gvg is conical. I have the green label gvg btw.

I'm currently using a white (unsure of material) disc I found at a head shop. I tested it out this weekend and seems to work well. However it is VERY brittle and didn't fit properly. I had to shove it down into the gvg hard which cause some edges to crumble and it's in there there until I destroy it taking it out.

If there is a higher quality piece that fits in and is easily removable I would like to know which one to get. The smaller flavor disc or the vapor genie alternative?

I have not had good luck using the smaller flavor discs in the newer, green label GVG. They slide over to the side, exposing part of the hole that the disc should be covering. This was never a problem with my older (purple label) GVG, due to slight design differences between the two.

I have only used the ceramic filter intended for classic VG's (cylindrical), and it has worked wonderfully. The conical ones might still fit in there even better though. I have an extra GVG ceramic filter (conical) as well, so I will test it out some time in the next couple of days and report back. Smile

anrchy
#70 Posted : 6/3/2014 7:37:54 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Awesome thanks.

The current disc I use seems to work, and I personally like how it's jammed in there and won't move around. But it would be nice to be able to take it out.

Look forward to hearing your response. Thanks entheogenerator

TiHKAL
#71 Posted : 6/6/2014 12:06:46 PM

Nullius in verba.

After slightly grinding down the VG stone and the lip inside of the pipe to make it more like the purple labeled GVG (without the lip) I've had much success with the stone sitting at the bottom of the GVG. I've compared it to a normal copper mesh bed but the ceramic stone feels so much better.

I also use a small funnel to load up the spice on the stone and once it sits on top of the stone, I gently melt it in with the flame bobbing up and down. This seems to work better than preheating the stone and then pouring the spice on top of it.

anrchy
#72 Posted : 6/6/2014 6:49:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Ya that's pretty much how I do it. I have a piece of paper that is creased in the middle. Weigh my dose on that, then pour it in. With the ceramic top on I use a regular lighter to melt it in. Then it's ready!

Entheogenerator
#73 Posted : 6/11/2014 3:18:32 AM

Homo discens

Alright, after a little bit of experimenting I have an update for you folks. It seems that the conical (GVG) ceramic filters are a little bit smaller than the cylindrical (VG) filters. When I use the cylindrical filter, it sits on the little lip in the GVG, rather than at the very bottom of the bowl. The smaller size of the conical filters allows them to sit at the very bottom of the bowl, much like the small ceramic flavor discs. But because the conical ceramic filter is slightly larger than the small flavor discs, it will still cover the hole when it slides around in the GVG bowl.

So in conclusion, it really comes down to personal preference. The cylindrical (VG) ceramic filters sit closer to the heat source, and the conical (GVG) ceramic filters sit further away from the heat source. I encourage people to try both, and determine which one makes it easier for them to vaporize a dose in one hit. I personally still prefer the cylindrical discs because they sit a little bit closer to the heat source. Thumbs up

EDIT: Anrchy, both the VG and the GVG ceramic filters fit in there nicely, but they are also both easily removable. Smile

anrchy
#74 Posted : 6/11/2014 3:34:38 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Entheogenerator wrote:
EDIT: Anrchy, both the VG and the GVG ceramic filters fit in there nicely, but they are also both easily removable. Smile

Awesome thanks. Why do you prefer it to be closer to the heat source? Were you having issues with larger doses?

Entheogenerator
#75 Posted : 6/11/2014 6:33:24 AM

Homo discens

anrchy wrote:
Entheogenerator wrote:

Awesome thanks. Why do you prefer it to be closer to the heat source? Were you having issues with larger doses?

To me it just seems like the dose vaporizes faster, but that is merely a subjective observation. It may very well be inaccurate.

Either way, both seem to work well for vaporizing a dose in one toke.

TiHKAL
#76 Posted : 6/11/2014 3:59:14 PM

Nullius in verba.

One thing to consider is that you can actually apply too much heat with a ceramic disc.
I have a friend with an identical setup as me (GVG+VG disc) and he has been complaining that he isn't feeling anything lately.

When I came over I decided to clean his instruments: Rinsed the GVG with Acetone and burned the VG disc with his Arc.

After 2-3 seconds of applying direct flame to the VG disc it started smoking as well as smelling very intensly of DMT and literally caught fire for 10 seconds.

The only explanation I have for this phenomenon is that he applied too much heat in the vaping process so the spice melted down into the disc without vaporating.

I think that this can be very dangerous as more and more DMT collects inside the disc until it's saturated and at some point when you'll vape correctly you'll end up with taking a very strong hit (>50mg), at least that's what I think will happen.

Any opinions?

anrchy
#77 Posted : 6/11/2014 5:43:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

TiHKAL, if you apply too much heat the dmt would burn, it is suppose to melt down into the disc. Beings that you found dmt in the disc means he didn't use enough heat.

I have applied enough heat to make the top ceramic glow bright while inhaling and never burnt anything. I'm not entirely sure how anyone has accomplished this in a gvg as I use a soldering torch that has a larger flame than the arc.

Also, I would not use a torch to clean the discs. There's the possibility of creating a taste by burning it. Using iso works just fine if you soak it for an hour.

I always take a hit from my gvg before loading EVERYTIME to make sure there is nothing left from a previous dose. When doing this make sure you apply plenty of heat.

TiHKAL
#78 Posted : 6/11/2014 5:57:10 PM

Nullius in verba.

anrchy wrote:
TiHKAL, if you apply too much heat the dmt would burn, it is suppose to melt down into the disc. Beings that you found dmt in the disc means he didn't use enough heat.

That sounds very reasonable anrchy, once again you've helped me, thanks a lot! I'll tell my friend to blast his GVG the next time he vapes. As I said he was having problems lately but hopefully things will get better for him.
The reason why I thought that he applied too much heat is that I made him use a copper mesh to see how the DMT behaves using his technique and it immediately melted through.

Also the advice with iso is a good one, I've been torching my discs without noticing a taste but I might try your way out.

anrchy
#79 Posted : 6/11/2014 6:18:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

TiHKAL wrote:
anrchy wrote:

That sounds very reasonable anrchy, once again you've helped me, thanks a lot! I'll tell my friend to blast his GVG the next time he vapes. As I said he was having problems lately but hopefully things will get better for him.
The reason why I thought that he applied too much heat is that I made him use a copper mesh to see how the DMT behaves using his technique and it immediately melted through.

Also the advice with iso is a good one, I've been torching my discs without noticing a taste but I might try your way out.

Inhalation speed is important. If your blasting that ceramic piece and barely inhaling at all i could see the possibility of burning the DMT. Soaking the whole GVG (submersed) in ISO works really well. I slosh it around a little here and there.

When I load my gvg, i use a bic lighter to melt the crystals into the disc. With the top on I just inhale slowly not letting the flame touch the filter. When the crystals are all melted into the chore boy/flavor disc its ready to go.

TiHKAL
#80 Posted : 6/12/2014 7:17:29 AM

Nullius in verba.

anrchy wrote:
TiHKAL wrote:
anrchy wrote:

Inhalation speed is important. If your blasting that ceramic piece and barely inhaling at all i could see the possibility of burning the DMT. Soaking the whole GVG (submersed) in ISO works really well. I slosh it around a little here and there.

When I load my gvg, i use a bic lighter to melt the crystals into the disc. With the top on I just inhale slowly not letting the flame touch the filter. When the crystals are all melted into the chore boy/flavor disc its ready to go.

I watched him do it the other night and he was taking long slow inhalations of 20 seconds but I'll forward him your advice of inhaling slightly faster as well as using more heat.
It's interesting to hear that you are using a BIC lighter for your GVG, personally I don't like it but it sounds like you are being very efficient with it, that's great!

«PREV23456NEXT