We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12345NEXT»
Bye-Bye Choreboy Options

Gianluca
#41 Posted : 11/29/2013 6:55:11 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I just got mine today , I ordered the small size like people suggested, but they seem to be way to small for the Vapor Genie..they just drop right on through for me Sad

I'm guessing the smaller size one is where the screens are usually placed and the bigger one might be meant for the top part of the genie?

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

starway6
#42 Posted : 11/30/2013 2:01:27 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Gianluca wrote:
I just got mine today , I ordered the small size like people suggested, but they seem to be way to small for the Vapor Genie..they just drop right on through for me Sad

I'm guessing the smaller size one is where the screens are usually placed and the bigger one might be meant for the top part of the genie?

If you are talking about the ceramic flavor discs..they come in two sizes...3/8 and 9/16..
You may have the 3/8 size disc..
The ones who sell silver surfer vaporizer...have the two sizes...
Or you may want to go to a local shop that sells vaporizers and asorted pipes they may have the size discs you want...

HumbleTraveler
#43 Posted : 11/30/2013 6:04:37 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Gianluca, you seem like youre missing a screen in your GVG. It shouldnt drop thru at all. The GVG comes with one screen installed. The 7/16th size (the smaller one, 11mm) works very well inside the GVG. I always put an extra screen inside (which sits in the upper portion of the chamber) so the disc sits on top of the screen, just below the glass plug that inserts into the vapor genie. The screen installed by vapor genie sits lower in the chamber between the two tapered sections.

The two sizes are actually 7/16 and 9/16ths, which is 11.1mm and 14.3mm respectively. The larger discs are too big.
"A troop of elves smashes down your front door and rotates and balances the wheels on the after death vehicle, present you with the bill and then depart. And it's completely paradigm shattering. I mean, ya know, union with the white light you could handle. An invasion of your apartment by jeweled self dribbling basketballs from hyperspace that are speaking in demonic Greek is NOT something that you anticipated and could handle!' -T.M.

The posts and stories by this member are simply for fictional entertainment purposes only and do not reflect any 'real life' occurrences.
Smile

Entheogenerator
#44 Posted : 12/26/2013 11:43:55 AM

Homo discens

Gianluca wrote:

HumbleTraveler wrote:
Gianluca, you seem like youre missing a screen in your GVG. It shouldnt drop thru at all. The GVG comes with one screen installed. The 7/16th size (the smaller one, 11mm) works very well inside the GVG. I always put an extra screen inside (which sits in the upper portion of the chamber) so the disc sits on top of the screen, just below the glass plug that inserts into the vapor genie. The screen installed by vapor genie sits lower in the chamber between the two tapered sections.

The two sizes are actually 7/16 and 9/16ths, which is 11.1mm and 14.3mm respectively. The larger discs are too big.

I was just re-reading this thread and I thought I would clear this up for anyone who reads it in the future, even though it has been dormant for a few weeks. If you read the whole thread, you will find that most people prefer the larger size, but either one will work. They both fit in the lower chamber (where the screen would usually go), and they both keep the hole covered. Now this only applies to the GVG. I don't know if the standard VaporGenie has a different design or not.

You don't need a screen in there, just melt your spice onto the flavor disc, drop it in the chamber over the hole (where the screen would usually go), replace the top glass/ceramic filter plug piece (the ceramic filter that comes with the GVG), and smoalk away. The screen will actually render this less efficient, because it will allow air to flow around the flavor disc, rather than through it.

The moral of the story: if you are confused, read the whole thread Smile
"It's all fun and games until someone loses an I" - Ringworm
Attitude Page โ‹ Health & Safety โ‹ FAQ โ‹ Known Substance Interactions โ‹ Extraction Teks โ‹ The Machine

HumbleTraveler
#45 Posted : 12/30/2013 7:11:50 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I use the smaller discs and always user the upper screen simply for ease of placing the disc in and removing it with tweezers. Ive never had an issue personally with heating the disc properly or any airflow issues. Maybe with the larger disc, a screen isnt necessary because the disc physically cant fit in past the taper in the glass. But with the smaller disc, with no screen at all, it would fall right thru. So in mine there is a lower screen that came installed from VG and then I place another screen in the upper bowl, which I lay my disc on, and then place the plug in the top.

I know Gibran commented on trying to avoid the disc touching the glass because DMT will want to migrate to a cooler surface when it begins to melt, so a larger disc will transfer it to the glass. The smaller disc doesnt get near the glass at all when placed in the center of the screen. I dunno if that comment was for people who dont premelt their spice before placing their disc in or what really haha.
"A troop of elves smashes down your front door and rotates and balances the wheels on the after death vehicle, present you with the bill and then depart. And it's completely paradigm shattering. I mean, ya know, union with the white light you could handle. An invasion of your apartment by jeweled self dribbling basketballs from hyperspace that are speaking in demonic Greek is NOT something that you anticipated and could handle!' -T.M.

The posts and stories by this member are simply for fictional entertainment purposes only and do not reflect any 'real life' occurrences.
Smile

Entheogenerator
#46 Posted : 12/30/2013 12:00:48 PM

Homo discens

HumbleTraveler wrote:
I use the smaller discs and always user the upper screen simply for ease of placing the disc in and removing it with tweezers. Ive never had an issue personally with heating the disc properly or any airflow issues. Maybe with the larger disc, a screen isnt necessary because the disc physically cant fit in past the taper in the glass. But with the smaller disc, with no screen at all, it would fall right thru. So in mine there is a lower screen that came installed from VG and then I place another screen in the upper bowl, which I lay my disc on, and then place the plug in the top.

I know Gibran commented on trying to avoid the disc touching the glass because DMT will want to migrate to a cooler surface when it begins to melt, so a larger disc will transfer it to the glass. The smaller disc doesnt get near the glass at all when placed in the center of the screen. I dunno if that comment was for people who dont premelt their spice before placing their disc in or what really haha.

I don't understand what you mean when you say "it would fall right through"? The hole in the chamber is significantly smaller than the small ceramic vapor discs.

When the DMT migrates to a cooler surface, why would it migrate to glass but not a metal screen?
Attitude Page โ‹ Health & Safety โ‹ FAQ โ‹ Known Substance Interactions โ‹ Extraction Teks โ‹ The Machine

HumbleTraveler
#47 Posted : 12/31/2013 1:51:17 AM

DMT-Nexus member

It was mentioned earlier in the thread by Gibran and he also touched on it elsewhere about cold glass drawing DMT, so avoiding having the disc touch the glass is important.

I see now he mentioned he doesnt use a screen at all. My GVG came with one in it though. Ive never had an issue though with vaping with a screen there lol. Confused

Smile

Entheogenerator
#48 Posted : 12/31/2013 11:08:34 AM

Homo discens

HumbleTraveler wrote:
It was mentioned earlier in the thread by Gibran and he also touched on it elsewhere about cold glass drawing DMT, so avoiding having the disc touch the glass is important.

I see now he mentioned he doesnt use a screen at all. My GVG came with one in it though. Ive never had an issue though with vaping with a screen there lol. Confused

Why would the DMT migrate to the colder glass but not to a colder metal screen?

HumbleTraveler
#49 Posted : 12/31/2013 8:31:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Good question. Ive seen DMT crystallize onto the walls of the glass further downstream in the GVG, there never seems to be any build up or re-formation or residual of any kind on the screen.

Smile

Entheogenerator
#50 Posted : 1/1/2014 10:32:34 AM

Homo discens

HumbleTraveler wrote:
Good question. Ive seen DMT crystallize onto the walls of the glass further downstream in the GVG, there never seems to be any build up or re-formation or residual of any kind on the screen.

Interesting... I haven't noticed any significant buildup in the chamber with either size of the ceramic vapor discs. The small ones sit over the hole in the bottom of the chamber and have minimal contact with the glass, and the larger ones sit on the little lip right above the chamber, also having only minimal contact with the glass.

I haven't tried using a screen, but Gibran mentioned that it would allow some air to flow around the flavor disc rather than through it because the disc would be suspended instead of forming a sort of seal around the hole. I feel like this would make it more difficult to vaporize a full dose in one toke, because one would be inhaling more air with their vapor.

I'm certainly not trying to debate over which method is "better" or anything like that, I'm just sharing my experience and what I've read on the forum.

HumbleTraveler
#51 Posted : 1/2/2014 6:34:58 AM

DMT-Nexus member

That is a VERY good point about the airflow, which never clicked properly until you just said it in your last post despite me having read it like 3 times in prior posts haha. Particularly the part about vaporizing the entire dose being difficult with air flowing thru AND around the disc, as opposed to air being forced to go thru the disc. The pores are not too swift tho, compared to the quality of the VG disc in the top plug.

Im going to try removing the screen and placing just the disc in next go around. While I said Ive never had a problem using a screen, perhaps no screen and just the disc will be a little more effective.

Smile

Entheogenerator
#52 Posted : 1/2/2014 10:11:05 AM

Homo discens

HumbleTraveler wrote:
That is a VERY good point about the airflow, which never clicked properly until you just said it in your last post despite me having read it like 3 times in prior posts haha. Particularly the part about vaporizing the entire dose being difficult with air flowing thru AND around the disc, as opposed to air being forced to go thru the disc. The pores are not too swift tho, compared to the quality of the VG disc in the top plug.

Im going to try removing the screen and placing just the disc in next go around. While I said Ive never had a problem using a screen, perhaps no screen and just the disc will be a little more effective.

It certainly wouldn't hurt to give it a shot. I am actually about to order a replacement ceramic filter from VaporGenie (the VG classic which is cylindrical rather than the one for the GVG which is conical) to determine if there would be any advantage to using one of those instead of the ceramic flavor discs. It seems like the VG ceramic filter would be a nice middle point between the two sizes of vapor discs, and it might fit in there a little bit better than either one. The pores are also much smaller, so it might absorb more DMT; and it also seems like it is a little bit sturdier. I will post in this thread and share my findings once it arrives. Smile

endlessness
#53 Posted : 3/12/2014 7:52:02 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Sorry if I missed the answer to this in the thread but:

What color of ceramic should one get, the white or black? Does it make any difference? Im wondering if the color itself would leave any taste or release anything or if both are completely innert and it doesn't matter

gibran2
#54 Posted : 3/12/2014 12:26:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expertSenior Member

endlessness wrote:
Sorry if I missed the answer to this in the thread but:

What color of ceramic should one get, the white or black? Does it make any difference? Im wondering if the color itself would leave any taste or release anything or if both are completely innert and it doesn't matter

If I remember correctly, the grey disc is silicon carbide and the white is aluminum oxide. They are both inert even at very high temperatures.
gibran2 is a fictional character. Any resemblance to anyone living or dead is purely coincidental.

wide-eyed
#55 Posted : 3/16/2014 3:58:58 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Has anyone tried to vape using this disk in a regular pipe? I don't have a GVG and I'm more curious about using this in a regular glass pipe, with careful vaping technique.

primordium
#56 Posted : 3/24/2014 2:35:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Just to confirm the consensus: From here (http://lifesabervaporizer.com/index.php/ceramic-flavor-disc.html), I should order the small size (7/16"Pleased, right?

I have seen differing takes on this (https://www.dmt-nexus.me/forum/default.aspx?g=posts&t=42867&p=3), but more people than not seem to be suggesting the smaller one.

Any updates?
"The infinite vibratory levels, the dimensions of interconnectedness are without end." -- Alex Grey

primordium
#57 Posted : 3/25/2014 4:00:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I am collecting all the comments in this thread to determine what consensus has been created on the size. Why? Because Entheogenerator's summary confused me:

Entheogenerator wrote:
I was just re-reading this thread and I thought I would clear this up for anyone who reads it in the future, even though it has been dormant for a few weeks. If you read the whole thread, you will find that most people prefer the larger size, but either one will work. They both fit in the lower chamber (where the screen would usually go), and they both keep the hole covered. Now this only applies to the GVG. I don't know if the standard VaporGenie has a different design or not.

[...]

The moral of the story: if you are confused, read the whole thread Smile

Here's what I've compiled, which strongly suggests we buy the smaller [7/16"] size. (At the start, keep in mind that gibran2 purchased the smaller size.)

gibran2 wrote:
The discs are silicon carbide foam, about 11mm in diameter and about 6mm thick.

Dreamwalker wrote:
Received five disks in the mail today. My first thought was "Wow, these are a lot smaller than I expected."

Dropped one into the GVG and had a second thought.
"Wow, Gibran was right!"

These are the perfect size!! Haven't had the time to test it out yet but will update when I do.

Thanks Gibran!!
Thumbs up

No Knowing wrote:
The disk was VERY effective at helping one get the whole dose in one hit of the GVG. Something that usually took me 2-3 hits with my old choreboy setup. Taste was divine, PURE SPICE. Air flow was phenomenal.

[...]

I gave disks to all my friends who have GVG's.

Highly recommended!

gibran2 wrote:
I use the smaller size and they work great. Just as you said, they cover the hole in the bowl completely, and their smaller size means thereโ€™s less contact with the glass sidewalls. I havenโ€™t tried the larger size, but the smaller size seems to work very well.

dmt_spider wrote:
After receiving both the "Spherical Ground Glass" model @ 9/16", and the "Standard Glass/Ground Glass" @ 7/16" and testing them for fit in my GVG, it seems the SMALLER size might actually be the best one. The larger size seems to sit on the lip above the port into GVG vapor chamber, whereas the smaller disc fits inside and covers the port completely no matter where it is positioned (hope this makes sense).

HumbleTraveler wrote:
The 7/16th size (the smaller one, 11mm) works very well inside the GVG. I always put an extra screen inside (which sits in the upper portion of the chamber) so the disc sits on top of the screen, just below the glass plug that inserts into the vapor genie. The screen installed by vapor genie sits lower in the chamber between the two tapered sections.

"The infinite vibratory levels, the dimensions of interconnectedness are without end." -- Alex Grey

Entheogenerator
#58 Posted : 3/26/2014 4:12:35 AM

Homo discens

Yes, go with the smaller size. When I was using the larger ones I still had the older model of the GVG, and they fit perfectly. When my GVG broke and I replaced it, I received a newer model which has a couple of very subtle differences. The new model has a lip above the chamber, right at the base of the ground glass section, which will prevent the larger ceramic vapor discs from fitting into the bowl.

I do not use the ceramic vapor discs for DMT anymore, but I still use the smaller size for other substances. If your GVG was made within the last few years, the larger size will not fit very well. Unfortunately the small flavor discs do not fit quite as perfectly in the newer models as they did in the older ones, but they will still work very well.

gibran2
#59 Posted : 3/26/2014 12:43:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expertSenior Member

Entheogenerator wrote:
I do not use the ceramic vapor discs for DMT anymore, but I still use the smaller size for other substances...

Just out of curiosity, what do you use? (If you still vape DMT.)
gibran2 is a fictional character. Any resemblance to anyone living or dead is purely coincidental.

Entheogenerator
#60 Posted : 3/26/2014 7:54:20 PM

Homo discens

I've been using ceramic filters for the classic VG. The holes are smaller and more densely distributed, and it seems to fit in my GVG better than the ceramic flavor discs.

Though I preferred the larger ones, the smaller flavor discs were perfect when I had the older model of the GVG (with the purple logo rather than the green logo). The bottom of the bowl in the older models is conical, so the small flavor discs fit in there perfectly and continue to cover the hole even when they move around. But it seems that the bottom of the bowl in the newer GVG is flat, so when the flavor disc slides to one side it no longer covers the hole Sad

PREV12345NEXT»