We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV678910NEXT»
What career do you have? Options

Archtypamine
#141 Posted : 5/13/2013 2:35:47 AM

...somebody help the man help the man!.... Capt. John Yossarian

Guyomech wrote:
There are salespeople, then there are salespeople. If the thing being sold isn't junk, there is no need for poor ethics to be selling that thing. I'd personally much rather talk to a psychonaut salesperson any day of the week.

Psychonaut salespersons by definition have solid ethics and will tell you their product is goo if it is.
…those who believe in science are as prone to addiction to imposed dogma and faith as are religious zealots. So one has to be very careful to really step back and want to know the truth.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

MusicTurtle
#142 Posted : 5/20/2013 1:22:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I do Private Security, dig wholes, play intruments, and in my spare time for my own entertaient, I make up my social experiments on strangers, friends, and family. Nothing that will hurt people, but in school I enjoyed psychology. I only took basic courses, but it always interested me. Not so much what we know or "think" we know, but what we do not know or "think" we do not know.
Its a small amount of what I do.
Good luck and as always Happy Travels
Education is what remains after one has forgotten what one has learned in school.
Albert Einstein

WantSpice
#143 Posted : 5/21/2013 2:42:44 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I play guitar and spend my time thinking
Looking to continue the journey

5 Dimensional Nick
#144 Posted : 5/23/2013 10:34:00 AM

"Full of multiversal flow!"

DoingKermit wrote:
Infinite I wrote:
I teach foreign children English and its the most amazing job ever, sometimes I catch myself thinking Im getting paid for being an idiot with these glorious children its the best job ive ever had. Before I worked with people with mental health issues so kinda similar but this is so much better. I teach adults too but they're nervous and reserved unlike the kids and I can get away with being a complete idiot and im getting paid to have fun its unbeleivable so hilarious just laughing most of the time.

Im sure the novelty will wear off but as it stands I work 20-25 hours a week and the rest of the time I can make music, my real work in life Thumbs up

My friend is doing a course to do just that, but he wants to go out to Brazil to teach kids English. Awesome job, man.

I do post production for music videos. Mainly unheard of artists who are amazingly talented and up-and-coming in the industry. It's not loads of money, but it pays the rent/bills and I LOVE doing it. I also just started my own graphic design firm (logo's, title sequences, idents). I am also a freelance illustrator.

I got sick of having to work for people who treated me like crap, so now I'm my own boss Smile It's a lot of work, as the company is still in it's early days... but it is definitely picking up. I feel extremely fortunate to do what I love and actually get paid for it!

Feel like Rogers my fucking boss Kermit!!!!! Pleased But your not 9-5ing it which is a bonus.
"Anonymous around the mouse, hyperspace black ops in my house,
A technical itch you can't ignore, viral like that magic spore,
Laced in life like a blockchain, special characters around my name,
They got game like Nintendo flow, it's always the same you will know,
I can't be pinned down like a Q-Bit, my architecture all neuromorphic,
On the roof if the internet had one, fire escape's fibre optic dragon." Onepacman

LeoPsychonaut
#145 Posted : 5/27/2013 3:41:57 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Working on getting my degree in Nursing. I'm hoping later down the line to go abroad and help tribes while I learn their religious systems. I'm really hoping to go to the amazon or Mexico and learn from their spiritual leaders Smile
Give me liberty, or give me death!

Moondance
#146 Posted : 5/28/2013 5:51:03 AM

DMT-Nexus member

my dream is to start skydiving and become a proffesional base jumper. Doing such things as teaching, stunt man and wingsuit flying!! Currently soon to start my second year at college as a Forestry major Glassblowing minor... but thinking about taking the jump and chasing the dreamsBig grin
*Look for a while at the China Cat Sunflower, proud-walking jingle in the midnight sun, Copper-dome bodhi drip a silver kimono like a crazy-quilt star gown, through a dream night wind*

olympus mon
#147 Posted : 5/28/2013 9:20:31 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Tattooist specialized in indigenous art, Fine art, medium ink and pen.

Moondance wrote:
my dream is to start skydiving and become a proffesional base jumper. Doing such things as teaching, stunt man and wingsuit flying!! Currently soon to start my second year at college as a Forestry major Glassblowing minor... but thinking about taking the jump and chasing the dreamsBig grin

Like this,Wink
olympus mon attached the following image(s):
base.jpg (37kb) downloaded 235 time(s).
208667_1019852411616_798_n.jpg (45kb) downloaded 231 time(s).
I am not gonna lie, shits gonna get weird!
Troubles Breaking Through? Click here.
The Art of Changa. making the perfect blend.

cosmic butterfly
#148 Posted : 5/28/2013 10:57:59 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moondance wrote:

the only thing stopping u from going after your dreams is u. follow ur heart n u cant go wrong, take the jump!!! Smile

adam
#149 Posted : 5/28/2013 3:58:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Currently about to complete my biology degree, and then I plan on attending Bastyr University and get my Naturopathic Degree. I want to focus on giving natural care to people with cerebral palsy.

Also by the time I graduate I will be an expert in botany, herbalism, and organic chemistry. Cool

mikz0r
#150 Posted : 5/30/2013 2:49:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Cool topic mate :-)

Information Communication Technology, and a few other handy computer stuff Pleased
After finishing as a scholar, I'll move on to Biology, and archeology
Although the brain denies access to most drugs and chemicals, it takes a particular and remarkable fancy to DMT. It is not stretching the truth to suggest that the brain "hungers" for it.
— Rick Strassman

rudraksha
#151 Posted : 5/30/2013 9:57:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moondance wrote:

awesome... as an avid rock/alpine climber sometimes i wish i had the balls to do it to quicken my descent. but it's one thing holding onto a wall attached to a rope and another thing to fling yourself off of it Razz

i work as a character animator for animated films, generally i love it, but sometimes the long hours get to me, but those are rewarded with being able to take months off between projects to travel Smile

Psychelexium528Hz*
#152 Posted : 5/30/2013 10:48:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Unemployed Army Veteran. Going to school for for Game design.
~We have been to the moon, we have charted the depths of the ocean and the heart of the atom, but we have a fear of looking inward to ourselves because we sense that is where all the contradictions flow together.~
Terence McKenna *Psychonaut*

Skeemer
#153 Posted : 5/30/2013 11:17:09 PM

remeeks

Carpenter here, although my back is giving out on me faster than I can fix it so I'm hoping I can turn my hobby into a money maker. I've been DJing for 15 years, never for the money because I've been in a skilled profession. It would be nice to play 3-4 nights a week for 5-6 hundred dollars a week, cash only and tax free...If not, I need to find something else

skylarkey
#154 Posted : 6/11/2013 9:17:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Two more years of school before I achieve a bachelors in Geology. Making money on the side as an electrician "helper" when theres work and delivering pizza on the side X)

Anarkid
#155 Posted : 4/21/2014 11:46:32 PM

Student of the Universe

So my fellow Nexians, I have to ask, do most of you work? I am not interested in specifically what you do for a living as it is none of my business, just whether or not you work manual labor, office setting, lab setting, what hours you work, etc. I am interested to see how many different walks of life we have here. I realize that drug use knows no social classes and it interests me to see what all different types of people DMT has attracted. From what I have gathered thus far, most everyone on this forum is intelligent. Maybe not professionally and traditionally educated but, for the most part, everyone seems to be intelligent. I am on a few other forums centered around mind altering substances and usually the threads are littered with plenty of imbeciles and half wits.

So let me just ask straight forward. If you don't mind disclosing, what type of work do you do? Not specifically. Do you do manual labor and bust ass all day? Do you sit in a comfortable office chair and make calls all day? Do you work from home? Do you work at all? Do you work during the day or at night or both? If you don't mind me asking (and since we're all mostly strangers here) how are your finances? Do you struggle check to check? Live lavishly? Or somewhere in between?

I guess I'll start it off since I asked the questions. I work in a mix of manual labor and office settings. My job requires intelligence and physically exhausting labor at times. I work at nights and I prefer it this way. I would consider myself somewhere in the middle financially. Not rich, not struggling. However, I have struggled in the past. Faced homeless a time ago. Joblessness. Hunger. I've been everything but rich.

Now, if you don't mind, do share.
“Anarchism is not a romantic fable but the hardheaded realization, based on five thousand years of experience, that we cannot entrust the management of our lives to kings, priests, politicians, generals, and county commissioners."

The glass is not half full or half empty. The glass is just too big.

#156 Posted : 4/22/2014 12:44:28 AM

Game Master

I do manual labor outdoors. I was a bicycle messenger for six years, then I grew and ran a weed house for two years. Now I work outdoors doing basic peasant labor, maybe three or four hours a week. That's not a typo. 3 or 4 hours a week.

I make very little money, 70 bucks a week or so. But I also have little in the way of bills: no rent, no phone, no car (I have a moped, three dollars fills the tank), pretty much all I pay for is food for me and my dog. I am in an unusual situation where I get paid if I work or not; I am using this time to write a novel, of which the first half I completed today, and I already have a small time publisher for; hopefully it'll sell while I shop it around to major publishers, get an agent and all that.

Fear, belief, love phenomena that determined the course of our lives. These forces begin long before we are born and continue after we perish. We cross and recross our old paths like figure skaters; our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime and every kindness, we birth our future.
---David Mitchell, Cloud Atlas

Atlas_
#157 Posted : 4/22/2014 1:03:08 AM

DMT-Nexus member

there's already a very similar thread to this: https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=42839

please do a thorough search before posting a new thread, so we can save room on the server.

Anarkid
#158 Posted : 4/22/2014 1:06:49 AM

Student of the Universe

Atlas_ wrote:
there's already a very similar thread to this: https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=42839

please do a thorough search before posting a new thread, so we can save room on the server.

That thread has been dead for 3 days shy of a year.... Not trying to be a dick. I just want a more current view of the subject. Nothing wrong with re-exploring an old topic. I understand searching for questions that have been answered previously but sometimes it is nice just to have a conversation with like minded individuals on a topic that interests me. Thanks for showing me that thread. I will read it in depth but I would still like to discuss it with currently active Nexians.
“Anarchism is not a romantic fable but the hardheaded realization, based on five thousand years of experience, that we cannot entrust the management of our lives to kings, priests, politicians, generals, and county commissioners."

The glass is not half full or half empty. The glass is just too big.

Entheogenerator
#159 Posted : 4/22/2014 1:16:23 AM

Homo discens

Anarkid wrote:
Atlas_ wrote:

That thread has been dead for 3 days shy of a year....

That doesn't mean it can't be revived! Wink

I work in foodservice. I am very grateful to be employed, and I pride myself on my hard work. But frankly, I hate making people's food. I can tolerate it enough to do it as long as I have to, but I really do not see myself doing this for the rest of my life. I work two cooking jobs, totaling about 60-70 hours per week, splitting my time between a locally owned pizza shop and a locally owned breakfast burrito shack. Because of this I live comfortably, but I am far from wealthy.

I have been fortunate enough to find a very low-rent living situation, and I can afford to pursue my hobbies and interests to some extent, so I am content for the time being. I intend to go back to school this fall with the ultimate goal of pursuing a career which I find more fulfilling.

EDIT: I felt inclined to add that at one job I start at 5 PM and finish anywhere from 3-6 AM, and at the other I start at 6 AM and finish between 2-4 PM. The irregularity of my schedule makes it impossible for me to maintain a healthy sleep schedule.
"It's all fun and games until someone loses an I" - Ringworm
Attitude PageHealth & SafetyFAQKnown Substance InteractionsExtraction TeksThe Machine

Continuum
#160 Posted : 4/22/2014 2:33:38 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I work a white collar professional job. I have an employer (though most in my field are self-employed) whose corporate offices are halfway across the country. I typically work 40- 50 hours a week where about 30% of my time is on-site appointments and the other 70% is in front of the computer at home. I make a comfortable living but get paid by the job so it can be feast or famine. Its certainly not my passion, but it beats the hell out of the 15 years or so of jobs I had where I was always sweating keeping a roof over my kids ' heads.
Forge a Path with Heart <3

«PREV678910NEXT»