We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Evaporating used acetone - some pics Options

Luuk
#1 Posted : 4/19/2013 9:46:12 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hey all, after converting my freebase to fumarates for storage and purification I was left with over a litre of yellow acetone. I decided to evap it and see what was left.
This yielded a dark oil that smelled of dmt. I let it stand and over the following days this oil 'crystallized' into some fatty, lichen like formations.

It still smelled like dmt so I thought well maybe there is some dmt fumarate left and added some hot water to dissolve it. This caused the fatty formations to melt into an oil that floated on top of the water, nothing apparently dissolved into the water.

So I guess all dmt fumarate has been efficiently precipped by adding fumaric acid and these are just plant fats. Because dmt n-oxide fumarate should be soluble in water and color the water yellow, right? Maybe the leftover fumaric acid caused the weird formations, and is now dissolved in the plant fats.

Do you guys think this oil/fat is worth hanging on to? I might just try some to see if its active.
Well at least the FASA cleanup seems to have gotten a lot of gunk out of my spiceSmile

Taste test: the oil is bitter, sour, burns ánd numbs my tongue. I don't think I'm gonna consume this..

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Orion
#2 Posted : 9/1/2013 10:55:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

BUMP

I had some stuff left over from evaporated acetone which crystallized from oil exactly like this, from leftover acetone used to rinse out the gunk from re-x jars. It turned out to be full of DMT. This looks like essentially the same stuff.

Did you ever try to do a mini A/B on it ?
Art Van D'lay wrote:
Smoalk. It. And. See.