We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Are we even real? Options

Platypus1
#1 Posted : 4/17/2013 2:05:29 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Few hours ago I had a successful trip to hyperspace. This was my first trip where I was able to truly look around and study what I was seeing and feeling without any type of panic. The trip prior to this one I felt like I was going very very fast on a freeway and things were going by too fast for me to actually see them.

The first thing I saw was a tunnel or a hallway with blue wall on the left and blue floor. The right side had multicolored vertical tubes filled with some kind of glowing fluid slowly moving from top to bottom. The top of this place had like a lightning going off from time to time. In the middle there was a thing rotating slowly and changing shapes and colors, around it there were little eyeballs. I could see through this object and there was another pair of eyes far away. Everything was so beautiful and I was really enjoying it but I kelp feeling like I must look straight ahead at the pair of eyes for some reason. Every time I looked at them I felt sad, alone, like I just found out that I was lied to by someone very close and special to me. I tried not to look at the eyes but it was like I was forced to only look straight. Very strange feeling.

I knew that I had to be going back soon, and I was absolutely sure that where I was going was not real, but I had to go. I started seeing flashes of my family, and experiences from my life. I saw my self on a bus with my mother. She looked young and I looked like I was around four years old. I saw this as a third person. It made me cry because I don't remember it, I wanted to know where we were going. I saw my wife smiling at me. I saw a group of people crying and then I noticed that two of them are my kids, but they looked much older than I can remember them as. I didn't understand how could I forget so many years. I felt such sadness that I didn't have any memories of my kids growing up. And then I was back, covered in cold sweat and tears.

This trip left me thinking that maybe I am nothing but a computer generated being, just a line of script in a program.

DMT is something very special, it made me feel emotions that I forgot I had.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Kash
#2 Posted : 4/17/2013 2:39:01 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: Chemistry and Programming

Reality is merely a matter of perspective, for once you cease to be in the current universe of reality, your new state of being becomes the real reality. Dmt seems to bridge that gap letting you see alternate realities. So asking whether we are real in our current universe of reality.. the answer is yes, while it is the place your current state of being dwells.
--------------------------------------------------*Kash's LSA Extraction* * Kash's Mescaline Extraction*------------------------------------------------------
All things I say are complete and utter ramblings of nonsense. Do not consider taking anything iterated from the depths of my subconsciousness rationally and/or seriously.

Platypus1
#3 Posted : 4/17/2013 2:44:38 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Kash wrote:
Reality is merely a matter of perspective, for once you cease to be in the current universe of reality, your new state of being becomes the real reality. Dmt seems to bridge that gap letting you see alternate realities. So asking whether we are real in our current universe of reality.. the answer is yes, while it is the place your current state of being dwells.

Wow! This makes so much sense now. Thanks for replying.

a1pha
#4 Posted : 4/17/2013 4:24:58 AM

Moderator | Skills: Master hacker!

Platypus1 wrote:

Yup.

I suggest you take a look at the following, if you haven't already:

A pragmatic approach: What is "real", and when is it actually useful to ask this?
The Improbability of Hyperspace
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored." -A.Huxley

Guyomech
#5 Posted : 4/17/2013 5:17:16 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Oil painting, Acrylic painting, Digital and multimedia art, Trip integration

Kash, very well put.

A lot of people really get stuck on the real/not real question, which I think misses the point. That's like a fish wondering if the real world is above or below the surface of the water. They are both real, but are still different realities... While at the same time, both being part of a larger reality.

A more useful question is: what does this moment have to teach me?

Agave
#6 Posted : 4/17/2013 5:53:37 AM

DMT-Nexus member

What if it's not real. What are you going to do differently?
As Within, So Without.

Michal_R
#7 Posted : 4/17/2013 6:22:14 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Agave wrote:
What if it's not real. What are you going to do differently?

...perhaps not to take it that seriously anymore...? Wink

Vallencio
#8 Posted : 4/17/2013 9:58:14 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Very well said ^ I believe that would be the only difference. I have of course naturally wondered/pondered these same thoughts. Many-a-time.. Good Stuff Smile
-Aware since 2005.

#9 Posted : 4/17/2013 10:30:44 AM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

This reality is as real as you want it to be. The reality DMT shows is as real as you want it to be.

Waves build, waves crash, and so the story goes.

If there's one thing DMT has shown me directly, it's not to take things so seriosuly in the sense of not getting hung up on nagging thoughts/emotions/ideas etc. They just drag you down, literally. Enjoy life.

But this life, it's a delicate balance. Do what truly makes you happy and puts you in the moment, where time stops and thoughts cease; only then will you be free.

We're like an infinite doppelganger of sorts.

Dreams are real as long as they last, can we say much more of life? -Havelock Ellis

tat

ZenSpice
#10 Posted : 4/17/2013 12:21:03 PM

Mostly Ignored

Global
#11 Posted : 4/17/2013 1:11:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Music, LSDMT, Egyptian Visions, DMT: Energetic/Holographic Phenomena, Integration, Trip Reports

Tattvamasi wrote:

Dreams are real as long as they last, can we say much more of life? -Havelock Ellis

Great quote Thumbs up
"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind" - Albert Einstein

"The Mighty One appears, the horizon shines. Atum appears on the smell of his censing, the Sunshine- god has risen in the sky, the Mansion of the pyramidion is in joy and all its inmates are assembled, a voice calls out within the shrine, shouting reverberates around the Netherworld." - Egyptian Book of the Dead

"Man fears time, but time fears the Pyramids" - 9th century Arab proverb

gusss
#12 Posted : 4/17/2013 3:13:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Platypus1 wrote:

This trip left me thinking that maybe I am nothing but a computer generated being, just a line of script in a program.

do you often watch tv?

Hyperspace Fool
#13 Posted : 4/17/2013 4:53:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I find it more useful to think of the concept "REAL" as a graded spectrum that loops around like a torus. Things can be more or less real than something else. One must have something to compare the experience to.

If you are only aware of one reality. It is as real as anything could be.

When you become aware of other realities and can hold them in your mind long enough to analyse them in a compare and contrast way... you can judge one reality more real than another. However, this is not even close to accurate, as the reality you are currently in nearly ALWAYS seems more real than a reality you are remembering.

Thus, as was quoted above "Dreams are real as long as they last."

Including this one.

However... and this is a big one... I do believe that there exists a truly supernal, eternal and infinite realm which transcends all the lesser dreams, regardless of their "reality quotient." This is, arguably, the only reality that deserves to be called REAL.

In the end, though, it is up to you in any given moment to decide how real something should be considered to be. My credo is... when in doubt, go with the assumption that whatever it is is an illusion. The odds are hugely in your favor that way.

;-)

HF
"Curiouser and curiouser..." ~ Alice

"Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it. Do not believe in anything simply because it is spoken and rumored by many. Do not believe in anything simply because it is found written in your religious books. Do not believe in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders. Do not believe in traditions because they have been handed down for many generations. But after observation and analysis, when you find that anything agrees with reason and is conducive to the good and benefit of one and all, then accept it and live up to it." ~ Buddha

Platypus1
#14 Posted : 4/17/2013 6:43:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

gusss wrote:
Platypus1 wrote:

do you often watch tv?

No I do not.

Platypus1
#15 Posted : 4/17/2013 6:44:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

a1pha wrote:
Platypus1 wrote:

Yup.

I suggest you take a look at the following, if you haven't already:

A pragmatic approach: What is "real", and when is it actually useful to ask this?
The Improbability of Hyperspace

Very interesting. Thank you!

Platypus1
#16 Posted : 4/17/2013 6:53:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hyperspace Fool wrote:

In the end, though, it is up to you in any given moment to decide how real something should be considered to be. My credo is... when in doubt, go with the assumption that whatever it is is an illusion. The odds are hugely in your favor that way.

;-)

HF

Can you really just decide what is real and what is an illusion though? I mean if you find yourself in a unpleasant situation, can you just dismiss it as an illusion and move on? I don't think it's that simple.

Hyperspace Fool
#17 Posted : 4/17/2013 7:04:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Platypus1 wrote:
Hyperspace Fool wrote:

;-)

HF

Can you really just decide what is real and what is an illusion though? I mean if you find yourself in a unpleasant situation, can you just dismiss it as an illusion and move on? I don't think it's that simple.

What I'm saying is even simpler than that... Nearly everything that exists is an illusion. You can decide to see this, or you can decide to believe that things are real.

If there is any doubt... you can be basically 100% sure that whatever it is is NOT real. This is because when you touch the true reality, you will KNOW it.

This has nothing to do with dismissing. Your entire existence is an illusion. How than are you to dismiss? It is more of a consciousness shift. Like with dreaming.

You may be having a bad dream (an unpleasant situation) and, as long as you are choosing to see it as real, it will have power over you. In the very moment you realize you are dreaming (go lucid) it will not only have no power over you... but will never have had any.
"Curiouser and curiouser..." ~ Alice

"Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it. Do not believe in anything simply because it is spoken and rumored by many. Do not believe in anything simply because it is found written in your religious books. Do not believe in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders. Do not believe in traditions because they have been handed down for many generations. But after observation and analysis, when you find that anything agrees with reason and is conducive to the good and benefit of one and all, then accept it and live up to it." ~ Buddha

Parshvik Chintan
#18 Posted : 4/17/2013 10:40:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Michal_R wrote:
...perhaps not to take it that seriously anymore...? Wink

who says i was ever taking it seriously to begin with?
My wind instrument is the bong
CHANGA IN THE BONGA!