We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
Open-Mindedness Options

Pebble on the Beach
#21 Posted : 6/14/2009 7:47:03 PM

C r a c k B l i p T o o t T o o t ! ! !

Thing is, you got your shit together (maybe that's projecting on my part) and found your path at that moment in time. I have a feeling i've gone astray, far astray from what i wanted to do in life. I had a hell of a good time down there in the drain, and it makes me what I am today, and I'm sure that me ending up on a site like this has everything to do with it Smile, but after a lot of really shitty jobs, one realizes that one should never abandon the dreams one has, regardless of what your enviroment tells you. "choose life" if you know what I mean.

It's just nice to hear someone with a story that sounds like the future one dreams of, it gives those dreams "reality" value.

And don't worry, if the unlikely event occors that we should meet, I won't fall on my knees. I don't worship. Pleased
"I would never die for my beliefs because I might be wrong."
and
"Sanity calms, but madness is more interesting."
Bertrand Russell

All things are possible, everything is permissable

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

SWIMfriend
#22 Posted : 6/14/2009 8:17:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Pebble on the Beach wrote:
...Thing is, you got your shit together...

Yeah, I know what you mean about the "getting your shit together" part. I'll tell you, what helped me get my shit together was spending just TWO MONTHS utterly alone deep in the desert--no artificial lights, no means of transportation other than my feet, no house, no NOTHING. I basically had a sleeping bag and a fair amount of seed for sprouting, and a small amount of emergency food and suplies buried nearby. I was a good 50 miles from any roads (I got dropped off by jeep--and then walked FAR in beyond even jeeps).

It's the first (probably ONLY) time I just felt like a PERSON instead of a cog in society. Spending that 2 months trying to meditate intensely, with absolutely no societal distration, gave me TREMENDOUS energy and direction. As I said, I think I mostly squandered it but, as a process of "getting shit together" it was pretty effective. I recommend it to everyone to give it a try.

Pebble on the Beach
#23 Posted : 6/15/2009 12:02:29 AM

C r a c k B l i p T o o t T o o t ! ! !

Thanks for the talk man, but let's give back the thread to the OP and the people on topic

Peace, you seem like quite the person.
"I would never die for my beliefs because I might be wrong."
and
"Sanity calms, but madness is more interesting."
Bertrand Russell

All things are possible, everything is permissable

PREV12