We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
The Rainbow Body Options

d-T-r
#1 Posted : 4/13/2013 8:44:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

"In Sufism it is called "the most sacred body" and the "supracelestial body." Taoist call it "the diamond body," and those who have attained it are called "the immortals" and "the cloudwalkers." Yogic schools and Tantrics call it "the divine body." In Kriya yoga it is called "the body of bliss." In Vadanta it is called "the superconductive body." The ancient Egyptions called it "the luminous body or being" (akh) or the karast. This conception evolved into Gnosticism, where it is "the perfect body.". . . In the Hermetic Corpus, it is called "the immortal body." In the alchemical tradition, the Emerald Tablet calls it "the golden body."

Tibetan Buddhism has ongoing reports of the "Rainbow Body" to this very day - in which people transform their physical bodies into a new, rainbow-colored energetic form after many years of practice. In many cases, they would complete this process of transformation by meditating in a cave. When they come out, and are ready to graduate to this next level of there own eveloution, they will often push their hand or foot directly into the stone. They can now easily flip the stone molecules into time-space, and leave an impression behind - and some of these handprints and footprints
have been photographed and published online. There are fully 160,000 documented cases of the Rainbow Body in Tibet and India alone.

Body of Light: Tibetan, ja-lus. Also known as the "rainbow body." Certain realized beings . . . achieved the transformation of their ordinary bodies into a Body of Light. . . . In this process the physical body dissolves into its natural state, which is that of Clear Light. As the elements of the body are purified, they transform from their gross manifestation (body,flesh, bone, etc.) Into their pure essence as the five colors: blue, green, white, red and golden yellow. As the body dissolves into these five colors a rainbow is formed, and all that remains of the physical body are fingernails and hair. Twentieth-centry practioners of Dzogchen who have attained the Body of Light include teachers and family members of Namkhai Norbu Rinpoche - for example, his uncle Urgyen Danzin (Togden), his two teachers Changchub Dorje and Ayu Khandro, and Changchub Dorje's master, Nyala Pema Dendul".

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

embracethevoid
#2 Posted : 4/13/2013 9:27:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Timely synchronistic thread!

I would like to provide a perspective on it.

The Rainbow body is one you already abide in, but you use this vehicle of flesh to execute your will. When it learns enough, you move the seat of awareness from the physical, to the actual wavelengths of light/musical tones that resonate and animate the body.

So that is to say, at first these light-tones and sound-tones are crudely simulating a life, but then when they establish a fine locus of control and self-resonance, they become self-aware in a sense, and you are that. The crude simulation is experienced as a form of trial & error statistical simulation ("Life has its ups and downs", "life is suffering", etc) very much like Monte Carlo simulation which is used in engineering/physics.

What animates the body after all, are these very fundamental colours (EM waves) and tones (phonons)! So you can abide in the atomic mass, or you could abide as the fields themselves, if you will to understand.

I was actually planning today to make this very thread, admittedly nowhere near as colourful or excellent Razz

d-T-r
#3 Posted : 4/14/2013 12:18:14 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I do like a bit of syncroncity Very happy

All is light. or at least all that is perceived , is perceived because of and through light.

and a Mckenna quote;

"The alternative physics is a physics of light. Light is composed of photons, which have no antiparticle. This means that there is no dualism in the world of light. The conventions of relativity say that time slows down as one approaches the speed of light, but if one tries to imagine the point of view of a thing made of light, one must realize that what is never mentioned is that if one moves at the speed of light there is no time whatsoever. There is an experience of time zero. ... The only experience of time that one can have is of a subjective time that is created by one's own mental processes, but in relationship to the Newtonian universe there is no time whatsoever. One exists in eternity, one has become eternal, the universe is aging at a staggering rate all around one in this situation, but that is perceived as a fact of this universe — the way we perceive Newtonian physics as a fact of this universe. One has transited into the eternal mode. One is then apart from the moving image; one exists in the completion of eternity."

jamie
#4 Posted : 4/14/2013 4:33:30 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

I used to think I was turning into that guy after a year of microdosing harmalas and DMT together daily with meditations lol. Alas..I had to integrate.

But hey a LOT of cool things happened along the way! I went through solid rock once and entered into the earth into a city that is inside of this planet on another frequency. I spent a few hours there. I know how that sounds but it is what I experienced..except I did not go with my physical body. I didnt even take harmalas that time either..it just happened. Thing like this tend to happen to me but this time was a whole other level..so who knows maybe there are people out there who can push their hands into solid rock.

..maybe someday.
Long live the unwoke.

moniker
#5 Posted : 4/14/2013 5:06:11 AM

लीला

a picture that is definitely worth a thousand words.

thank you for posting this.
“Music is the voice of God traveling through ten-dimensional hyperspace.”
― Michio Kaku

d-T-r
#6 Posted : 4/14/2013 11:47:22 AM

DMT-Nexus member

jamie wrote:
I used to think I was turning into that guy after a year of microdosing harmalas and DMT together daily with meditations lol. Alas..I had to integrate.

But hey a LOT of cool things happened along the way! I went through solid rock once and entered into the earth into a city that is inside of this planet on another frequency. I spent a few hours there. I know how that sounds but it is what I experienced..except I did not go with my physical body. I didnt even take harmalas that time either..it just happened. Thing like this tend to happen to me but this time was a whole other level..so who knows maybe there are people out there who can push their hands into solid rock.

..maybe someday.

funny you mention the rock thing , because that's what i was trying to find a link to as well. a guy who 'got' enlightened and left his physical body and left a hand imprint in to the rock. Can't remember the name though but i'll be sure to post it when i can.

Your inner earth journey sounds like it must have pretty interesting Jamie. Truth is stranger than fiction!

#7 Posted : 4/14/2013 11:53:13 AM

Game Master

jamie wrote:
I went through solid rock once and entered into the earth into a city that is inside of this planet on another frequency. I spent a few hours there.

Do you refer to Aghartha?
Fear, belief, love phenomena that determined the course of our lives. These forces begin long before we are born and continue after we perish. We cross and recross our old paths like figure skaters; our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime and every kindness, we birth our future.
---David Mitchell, Cloud Atlas

Hiyo Quicksilver
#8 Posted : 6/2/2013 2:50:33 AM

just some guy

Haha, if only the flip side were anything like we imagine once the veil gives way and the illusions are shaken down (2012, anyone?). Sometimes I wonder if those who claim these states and fantastic feats are embarrassed at or confused by prior misconceptions and fumble at ways to describe the ecstatic and unexplained experiences had at the edge of space and time. It doesn't help that no measurements are taken and there's no data to show for it, and accounts of these people and events are merely eyewitness testimony... and eyewitness testimony is notoriously poor, the prover proves what the thinker thinks. Add to that the common case that when sharing a space and interaction with a person who may have a more broad scope of understanding can quickly turn into a psychedelic experience in its own right... I'm sure we're all familiar with the human tendancy to forget reason when confronted with ecstasy... and it strongly seems to me that this stuff is simply confabulation in the face of the poorly understood.

I'm not saying this as a pure skeptic, but rather as somebody who is routinely and involuntarily thrust into the midst of the fantastic and unexplained, who has no choice but to face it with reason and determination. I am not one to live in denial of the tremendum of my own experience, nor am I one to take it to the head and jump on the "I'm a lightworker/shaman/ET/mystic/indigo/inter-dimensional personality complex!" boat... Either of these extremes result in immediate catastrophe. I am sure that many have experiences that reinforce their fantastic beliefs and lead them the way of the ridiculous... and more power to them; The infinite opportunity and beauty of life is our to see and do with as we individually please. Perhaps they're on the path more suited to discovery and what we may call truth, it's not my place to say.

What I can say, though, is that nothing in my treacherous experience has indicated to me that these fantastic and far-out extremes are anything like they seem, not even my own experience of these extremes. For a time, perhaps... but alas, the world does not care what I believe, and does a great job of putting these theories to the test in the cold light of day. What I have seen though, is that while the magic may be fleeting and absurd at the yonder edges, it is infinite and immediately accessible in the simple beauty of the present moment.

So at the end of all that, I'll throw myself back into the speculative world of the discussion by tossing in my own two cents:

In the context of this "gross body/light body" framework, there is often a trend toward the dissolution of the physical state leading to the primacy of the essential, non-physical state. A compelling idea indeed, especially when considered by the philosophe, seeker or those seeking healing. It seems to resonate perfectly with what we seek, an end to the pains, confusion and limitations of our current state and a transcendence toward an uninhibited state, unified in gnosos with the whole of the universe.

While it is indeed a nice idea, and may even shed light on some crucial points that our more conventional, "terrestrial" models may ignore, It betrays a necessary duality that nags at me unceasingly. That each state, the physical and vibrational, are not implicitly joined and dependent on each other to exist at all. Embracethevoid plays at it deliciously:
embracethevoid wrote:
The Rainbow body is one you already abide in, but you use this vehicle of flesh to execute your will. When it learns enough, you move the seat of awareness from the physical, to the actual wavelengths of light/musical tones that resonate and animate the body.

I would like to propose the real meat and potatoes of the matter might perfectly between both worlds; That in the complete recognition that the material and energetic are in their manifestations of the same indivisible and undefinable ground of existence, that a harmony may be reached that not only allows each part to operate more freely, but allows each part to cooperate with each other part to act as a unified whole: Mind, Body, Spirit, Matter, Energy, Light and everything else, all together and in harmony.

The result, as considered from this hypothetical standpoint, may not be so incredible as it is described as in myth... Maybe to the uninitiated mind it may be fantastical (as we see the recently-awakened are prone to messianic delusions and a mad urge to correlate ideas), but it seems more likely to me that it is just all a whole lot simpler than it seems at first.

Indeed, if this weren't the case, either precious few of us humans have made it to the other side with any proof for the pudding, or those who do have good reason to leave absurd myth to the seekers, shut their mouths when it counts, and go their own way with their hard-won boon rather than waste time (and risk misunderstanding) in convincing the masses to recognize their achievement. Discipline in determining what remains unsaid is quite a common theme in (especially eastern) spiritual practices... this seems like no stretch to me.

Jin
#9 Posted : 6/2/2013 2:40:56 PM

yes

Hiyo Quicksilver wrote:
those who do have good reason to leave absurd myth to the seekers, shut their mouths when it counts, and go their own way with their hard-won boon rather than waste time (and risk misunderstanding) in convincing the masses to recognize their achievement

this is exactly how i feel
illusions !, there are no illusions
there is only that which is the truth

cubeananda
#10 Posted : 6/3/2013 2:07:42 AM

jai

Rainbows exist because this is possible. No more words now.

Hiyo Quicksilver
#11 Posted : 6/3/2013 6:24:56 PM

just some guy

And blueberries exist because James Finn Garner wears sock suspenders?

cubeananda wrote:
No more words now.

How very convenient for you.

cubeananda
#12 Posted : 6/5/2013 7:40:10 AM

jai

I beg your pardon, for I do know what you mean. The reasoning behind what you've said, howsoever contrived for petty purposes, is sound enough. You've highlighted my point, that words fail in the arena of truth.

Finally, my two cents about the rock thing is that the rock is a symbol. It gets misinterpreted over time and then eventually a hoax is produced that relates to a distorted idea.

Rocks typically are a symbol of dead consciousness. To create theories about how it might actually happen is abuse of the very sexual energies used to produce an astral body, and at the same time it is not well-known that a rock is a symbol for the lower-self.

My feelings are that it's just a symbol for transforming the lower-self into the higher-self.

The astral body can be made aware of itself, but it just comes down to meditating on the sexual energies, and moving step by step taking care to not having negative emotions and to be wise with your energies, learning to control the mind, and keep the heart pure.

Hiyo Quicksilver
#13 Posted : 6/6/2013 5:12:51 AM

just some guy

I'm curious, what petty purposes might these be? Wut? I must be so confused by my twisted motivations that I can't discern them.

I'm not phased by the esotericism and I'm well versed in the myths. I haven't read anything in the preceding post that is novel or outside of what one might hear in a high-flung yoga class... there's nothing there but a lovely dance around the point (and a lovely move to scapegoat the heart). No indication of insight nor compelling reason to find this more based in reality than any other seeker's fantasy.

cubeananda
#14 Posted : 6/6/2013 5:39:11 PM

jai

I assure you the heart is more than a phrase in A book.

Why change what works? I need not make an attempt to be original.
But you are probably intellectual, because everything you say it true. It's just a waste of energy.

Rainbows exist to inspire the inner child. Which is where you will find the heart.

Hiyo Quicksilver
#15 Posted : 6/8/2013 9:25:47 AM

just some guy

I love it... people see a skeptic and assume they have absolutely no experience with mystical reality. Have fun on your cloud, buddy. Let me know how far it takes you.

cubeananda
#16 Posted : 6/9/2013 2:58:49 AM

jai

Well yes, I am guilty of thatEmbarrased

I don't really intend to influence you one way or another.

It just that there are hundreds of anons who read this stuff. And I feel for them.

They are probably deep in to mysticism and are magnetically attracted to this .

What I see is skepticism that describes one point of view.

For some reason there was some imaginary situation between us. I don't know, but either way I'm pretty sure I agree with you.

I'm not arguing with you, I'm showing a different perspective while sourcing my pretty extensive knowledge of esoteric symbolism.
I'm not better than you just because I am well versed in the esoteric.

But I can concieve of a perspective which accepts that much of the theory about leaving an imprint in the rock (however novel and interesting it might be) is probably just a fabrication of a distortion of an esoteric meaning.

I am also a skeptic, and neither of us are skeptical of the astral body. Just have my own sense of discernment in these things.

My first post was meant to suggest that our ability to perceive such a phenomenon as a "rainbow" is very mystical. That it is wise to just appreciate rainbows before appreciating something as "a rainbow body".
That's simple isn't it?

Then second to suggest the silliness of the handprint idea mentioned while not altogether refuting the astral body. So clearly we 100% agree. But hey, our white dogs agree And our black dogs are trying to eat each others faces. Pretty common among people actually.

The "white dog" is basically the "rainbow body" maybe it's unaware of itself, but its still beautiful.
The "black dog" is the rock, the rainbow body can turn the rock into pure energy by simply being aware of it.
This is my two cents about all of this, that makes a total of 4 cents between us both Pleased

The idea of consciousness being aware of the energy waves is pretty much it, but trying to do anything with it other than be aware of it is silly to me.

Quote: