We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV456
Extraction of shrooms Options

The_Silent_Nothing_Ness
#101 Posted : 6/16/2009 8:53:37 AM

Dee

Couldn't you technically Brew it in a tea?

Of course just find a way to preserve it.
But if your trying to get like a free-base substance then yeah i have no clue on that but the alcohol technique seems like it would work.
As far as smoking it.. I've always heard that it just kills the pscylociben and won't work, but now Amanita Muscaria on the other hand is muscimol and i heard good things from smoking it.
Datura
Eat a little, and go to sleep.
Eat some more, and have a dream.

Eat some more, and don't wake up!!
Old Navajo Proverb

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Phlux-
#102 Posted : 6/16/2009 9:00:07 AM

The Root

Chemical expertSenior Member

swim forgot about this - the bottle containing the whole extraction is still in the cupboard - should he just throw it out - is everything dead ?
if everything is still dead - can swim still extract some of those inactive xtals that get created when methanol is used ?
like just to keep as artifacts until someone figures out what it is really and how to convert it back to something active.
antrocles wrote:
...purity of intent....purity of execution....purity of experience...

...unlike the "blind leading the blind". we are more akin to a group of blind-from-birth people who have all simultaneously been given the gift of sight but have no words or mental processing capabilites to work with this new "gift".

IT IS ONLY TO THE EXTENT THAT WE ARE WILLING TO EXPOSE OURSELVES OVER AND OVER AGAIN TO ANNIHILATION THAT WE DISCOVER THAT PART OF OURSELVES THAT IS INDESTRUCTIBLE.

Quote:
‹Jorkest› the wall is impenetrable as far as i can tell

Quote:
‹xtechre› cheese is great

He who packs ur capsules - controls your destiny.

narmz
#103 Posted : 7/5/2009 5:47:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

This caught SWIM's eye. Not really sure how complicated the process of acetylation is, but SWIM is pretty sure that this form is more stable, and can be salted as a fumarate. SWIM would be interested to know if anyone has had any experience with this molecule.
Everything I post is made up fiction. SWIM represents a character who is not based in or on reality.

benzyme
#104 Posted : 10/24/2009 6:50:45 AM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

some dude's macac is going to do an A/B extraction on some dried myc, acetic/ammonia/DCM , then sublimation. b.p. of psilocin is 220-228C; at 100mm Hg, it will boil at around 148C.
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

benzyme
#105 Posted : 10/25/2009 12:02:53 AM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

ok, so the sick lil monkey did the a/b and extracted with methylene chloride, which has a light green tint.
he doesn't know what all this emulsion talk (regarding the use of chloroform or dcm) at the shroomery is about, he encountered no such thing.

with 6.6g dried myc
(done 3X)
200mL dilute GAA, pH ~2.7 (gently heated to 38C for 15mins) --> pH 8.0 w/ dilute ammonia. quickly extracted with 50mL dcm.
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

damiana
#106 Posted : 2/16/2010 4:40:14 AM

Cosmic Dragon

Would this work?

A/B with vinegar and sodium carbonate. Pull with d-limo and salt with FASW or Ascorbic acid saturated water and evap.

SWIM will be trying this in a few weeks hopefully.

damiana
PEACE

benzyme
#107 Posted : 2/16/2010 5:07:39 AM

analytical chemist

swim wouldn't use sodium carbonate.
swim uses household ammonia instead

he's gonna also try nitrogen purge in his extractions sometime in the future

damiana
#108 Posted : 6/4/2010 8:31:27 PM

Cosmic Dragon

SWIM is gonna do a honey recipe instead. SWIM decided he didn't need pure psilocin.
PEACE

fraterS.O.L.
#109 Posted : 9/13/2010 4:18:36 AM

Bill Nye

benzyme wrote:
ok, so the sick lil monkey did the a/b and extracted with methylene chloride, which has a light green tint.
he doesn't know what all this emulsion talk (regarding the use of chloroform or dcm) at the shroomery is about, he encountered no such thing.

with 6.6g dried myc
(done 3X)
200mL dilute GAA, pH ~2.7 (gently heated to 38C for 15mins) --> pH 8.0 w/ dilute ammonia. quickly extracted with 50mL dcm.

So what was the yield like for that monkey you spoke of? What would be the difference if someone were to use whole caps?
"Then he looked right through me
With somniferous almond eyes
Don't even know what that means
Must remember to write it down,
This is so real
Like the time Dave floated away
See my heart is pounding
'Cause this **** never happens to me!"
Tool - Rosetta Stoned

ANYTHING I POST ONLY TOOK PLACE IN REALMS OF PURE IDEA AND THOUGHT, ANY PICTURES I POST ARE STRAIGHT FROM GOOGLE IMAGES. ANY AND ALL PROCESSES I CLAIM TO CARRY OUT HAVE NOT ACTUALLY OCCURRED IN PHYSICAL REALITY, AND THEREFORE VIOLATE NO PHYSICAL LAW. WHEN SUCH THINGS ARE BANNED FROM THOUGHT I WILL CEASE TO CARRY THEM OUT EVEN IN THE ETHER.

fraterS.O.L.
#110 Posted : 9/13/2010 4:25:48 AM

Bill Nye

^^
Also do you freeze precip the psilocin from the dcm? I think I read that somewhere but wasn't sure so I had to ask.
"Then he looked right through me
With somniferous almond eyes
Don't even know what that means
Must remember to write it down,
This is so real
Like the time Dave floated away
See my heart is pounding
'Cause this **** never happens to me!"
Tool - Rosetta Stoned

ANYTHING I POST ONLY TOOK PLACE IN REALMS OF PURE IDEA AND THOUGHT, ANY PICTURES I POST ARE STRAIGHT FROM GOOGLE IMAGES. ANY AND ALL PROCESSES I CLAIM TO CARRY OUT HAVE NOT ACTUALLY OCCURRED IN PHYSICAL REALITY, AND THEREFORE VIOLATE NO PHYSICAL LAW. WHEN SUCH THINGS ARE BANNED FROM THOUGHT I WILL CEASE TO CARRY THEM OUT EVEN IN THE ETHER.

«PREV456