We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
1st try BLAB / 1st and 2nd pull appear milky, 3+4th orange but seethrough Options

Hupecat
#1 Posted : 4/7/2013 4:40:49 AM
DMT-Nexus member

hi. SWIM is trying the BLAB for the first time now using only 225 gr of bark,,
didnt divide exactly amounts of vinegar and water given... hab to add little more vinegar, soaking 3 days, and filled ca. 1 liter of water..solution didnt separate with d-limone till a little more basified water was put in as it seemed pretty muddy before..
next morning, perfect black solution mhrb on the bottom and top layer was very good seperated...
he did his 2nd pull and all appeared good., as SWIM always does a double decant.. (fills the top layer with little bark containing from pulls, let it settle and decanted again.

but with 3rd and 4th pull he noticed the color haschanged to a clear visible through orange, which he assumed looked good.

But the first 2 pulls still appeared kind of milky, so he put in hot water bathnto settle all impurities there might be in the d.limonene,
now running the 5th pull, still having 1st and 2nd pull in hot waterbath...
SWIM thinks now if he should precipate with Fasi later, it will behard to see when it gets cloudy..??

so SWIMS question is: is it normal that 1st 2 pulls are kind of cloudy, maybe due to heavy saturation..
theres also some dark orange kind of goo in #1 and #2.., so he thought better to keep the following clear pulls seperated first in another jar...

is that normal??

pix will explain.....

just niticed Pull 1+2 became much clearer, but contain some "presumbly barkrests and some other sludge on the bottom now..

This should probably decanted first????? right???

Hupecat attached the following image(s):
pull1+2-cleared but strange bottom.jpg (345kb) downloaded 155 time(s).
pull1+2-cleared but strange bo2.jpg (2,509kb) downloaded 152 time(s).
pull13+4.jpg (523kb) downloaded 155 time(s).
pull1+2.jpg (462kb) downloaded 152 time(s).

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

oldsoul
#2 Posted : 7/16/2013 9:19:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

What ended up happening? I'm following BLAB also, and my first pull of d-limo today was dark brownish yellow (like in your pics), and I also see something milky floating around...

Thanks!!!

One epiphany short of a paradigm shift

Jaigurudevaom42
#3 Posted : 12/2/2013 4:26:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

oldsoul wrote:
What ended up happening? I'm following BLAB also, and my first pull of d-limo today was dark brownish yellow (like in your pics), and I also see something milky floating around...

Thanks!!!

too bad nobody answered your question :\ i'm at the same situation haha wbat happened to you?
Far away across the field, the tolling of the iron bell
calls the faithful to their knees, to hear the softly spoken magic spells

Jorkest
#4 Posted : 12/2/2013 7:11:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

a good thing to do is to take that cloudy dlimo and adding some slightly basified water to it..and let it settle out..

the dlimo should be clear when doing FASI...that stuff you have on the bottom looks like some sort of water contamination
it's a sound

Jorkest
#5 Posted : 12/2/2013 8:12:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

also filtering the dlimo through paper towel or cotton a few times can really help collect any residual contams..even liquids
it's a sound