We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
An online tool for locating and identifying North American plants Options

SnozzleBerry
#1 Posted : 4/3/2013 2:33:36 PM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

Brought to you by the Biota of North America Program (BONAP).

The Taxonomic Database Center's Query Page not only allows you to look up the phytogeographic ranges for the entire North American vascular flora, but also allows you to run queries on biological attributes in tandem with a family key.

There are also tons of photos from some of the top botanical photographers alive today.

See the last item in the Help Index for pictorial walkthroughs to better understand the unprecedented capabilities of this website.

Feel free to post any questions you have in this thread and I will do my best to answer them.

Happy hunting!
WikiAttitudeFAQ
The NexianNexus ResearchThe OHT
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
גם זה יעבור

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

ntwhtyouknw
#2 Posted : 4/3/2013 2:47:33 PM

You do not have to see alike, feel alike or even think alike in order spiritually to be alike

This is awesome, thanks so much
Toadfreak!

Travel like a king
Listen to the inner voice
A higher wisdom is at work for you
Conquering the stumbling blocks come easier
When the conqueror is in tune with the infinite
Every ending is a new beginning
Life is an endless unfoldment
Change your mind, and you change your relation to time
Free your mind and the rest will follow

sØrce
#3 Posted : 4/3/2013 3:03:19 PM

That was that and this is this.

^agreed... Thanks a ton.
"The world is his, who can see through it's pretension...see it to be a lie, and you have already dealt it its final blow..." -Ralph W. Emerson

cave paintings
#4 Posted : 4/4/2013 3:09:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Very cool. Thanks friend!
Living to Give

shanedudddy2
#5 Posted : 4/8/2013 8:18:11 AM

DMT-Nexus member

A similarly useful site for those of us in the land of Australia.
http://www.ala.org.au/
Even with this, South Australia is rubbish. Sad
If anyone knows of any reliable plants that I can test within a 100km radius of Adelaide, PLEASE let me know. Smile

Lichen
#6 Posted : 4/9/2013 2:48:02 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Shanedudddy2 - that link you provided appears to me to be the pay-dirt. Are you saying the site is unreliable, or just that South Australia is not very good for plant alkaloids?
I am a piece of knowledge-retaining computer code imitating an imaginary organic being.

shanedudddy2
#7 Posted : 4/9/2013 8:43:43 AM

DMT-Nexus member

The records listed are User contributed, there is usually additional information as to whom reported it, the accuracy of the GPS co-ordinates, and usually additional information describing briefly where the specimen may be.
For SA... besides burkitti, which is a 4 hour drive from Adelaide, each way! I don't know of any other reliable plant sources. I have tried Victoriae, Melanoxylon, Cyclops and Retinodes...some a number of times.
If I lived in a different state, I feel things would be very different as I could pursue Obtusifolia, Maidenii or the countless Accuminata in WA.
Next on my list is to try Acacia Mearnsii, but I am not going to hold my breath on positive results, given my luck in testing local sources :/.

DeDao
#8 Posted : 5/14/2013 2:29:22 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Oh man, what the collection. Thanks Snozz
"Think more than you speak"
"How do you get rid of the pain of having pain in the first place? You get rid of expectations"
"You are everything that is. Open yourself to the love and understanding that is available."
"To see God, you have to have met the Devil."
"When you know how to listen, everyone becomes a guru."
" One time, I didn't do anything, and it was so empty... Almost as if I wasn't doing anything. Then I wrote about it. It was fulfilling."

Nitegazer
#9 Posted : 5/14/2013 3:18:17 AM

DMT-Nexus member

^^^ What she said. Big grin

Cognitive Heart
#10 Posted : 3/18/2014 2:04:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Much appreciated information! I am wanting to mushroom hunt this year so this mapping of resources will come in handy for searching.
'What's going to happen?' 'Something wonderful.'

Skip the manual, now, where's the master switch?

We are interstellar stardust, the re-dox co-factors of existence. Serve the sacred laws of the universe before your time comes to an end. Oh yes, you shall be rewarded.

Cosmic Spore
#11 Posted : 3/18/2014 7:49:12 PM

☠ ⚡ ☣ ⚠ ☢

Entheogenerator
#12 Posted : 3/18/2014 9:23:59 PM

Homo discens

Snozz, thanks for sharing this! What a great resource!! Smile

I like how the map for Cannabis sativa is just completely blue, with the exception of Nevada (as if there's no cannabis in Nevada Laughing ).

Cognitive Heart wrote:
Much appreciated information! SWIM is wanting to mushroom hunt this year so this mapping of resources will come in handy for searching.

Smile

It doesn't look like this map includes fungi, as I couldn't find psilocybe or amanita on the genus list. Hopefully someone will create a similar resource for fungi soon!!
"It's all fun and games until someone loses an I" - Ringworm
Attitude PageHealth & SafetyFAQKnown Substance InteractionsExtraction TeksThe Machine

Cognitive Heart
#13 Posted : 8/5/2014 3:28:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Entheogenerator wrote:
It doesn't look like this map includes fungi, as I couldn't find psilocybe or amanita on the genus list. Hopefully someone will create a similar resource for fungi soon!!

It's a start anyways.. just thought fungi would have fallen under the same category at the time.. but clearly not, my mistake. I'll see what I can do if there hasn't been one made already.
'What's going to happen?' 'Something wonderful.'

Skip the manual, now, where's the master switch?

We are interstellar stardust, the re-dox co-factors of existence. Serve the sacred laws of the universe before your time comes to an end. Oh yes, you shall be rewarded.

Winemaker
#14 Posted : 8/5/2014 6:32:11 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I dislike how it says "North America" but doesn't list Canada Sad
Good share though!

PThree
#15 Posted : 8/13/2014 10:24:47 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I was just thinking earlier today how I need to study more plant taxonomy thanks alot for the links