We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
123NEXT
ACRB A/b Extraction First attempt Options

Krusr
#1 Posted : 4/3/2013 2:56:21 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Hello Dmt Nexus this is my first ever post on this over overwhelmingly awesome site, I would just like to say this will be my first go at trying to extract the spice and i have a few questions i must ask but i could not post within the right section so i do apologize.

First and far most i will be using Leks tek version 1.0 (if there is a updated version that would be awesome to snag from someone)
http://www.scribd.com/do...LexTek-DMT-Extraction-v1

I would just like a second opinion really,

Quote:

Section 1: Extraction of DMT
Materials needed:
(Quantities can be scaled accordingly to work with smaller or larger amounts of material)

2 kilograms of DMT containing plant material (Acacia Obtusifolia bark will be used here)

250 grams of Sodium Hydroxide (Caustic Soda / Lye) – Bunnings / Safeway

1 Litre of white vinegar (dilute Acetic Acid) – Safeway

2 Litres of Shellite (non-polar solvent) – Bunnings

12 Litres of distilled water (polar solvent) – Bunnings

So i was wondering if i could half everything since ill only be using a kilo of bark ?

Now we get to part 1, The acid cook it says to drain the liquid off and repeat 3 times? well what if im only using a kilo how many acid cooks do i do? It says 4 litres was used every time? so would i make it 2 litres? And what if i have a powdered bark? Wouldn't that just dissolve it first acid cook ? like i dont see how i can cook a powder more then once ... Anyway onto my next questions. Can i replace Shellite with Naphtha? I feel like during the acid cook and the boiling down parts of this tek sorta waste Dmt resulting in a less yeild? I just dont understand why it says to cook it down past a litre?

Sorry for The bombing of questions i just want to nail my first dmt extract and its better to be informed then to waste my hard earned money ..

Thanks for youre time and im looking forward to contributing to this forum page.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Bigsuccabusta
#2 Posted : 4/3/2013 6:55:28 AM

DMT-Nexus member

EDIT- I am super sorry about this Cyb, I posted after reading a whole bunch of teks thinking I knew everything without having any actual experience.
**In Cyb's Salt Tek, you DO NOT boil anything, in step 3 you heat up water & vinegar to just boiling, then remove from heat.

I also said that some teks are made specifically for powder while others are for bark. This was a generalization I made that is not correct, I was thinking this after reading through 15 pages of Thick-Lights tek where it appeared that everyone using powder got really low yields compared to those using bark.

Borg
#3 Posted : 4/3/2013 7:15:11 AM
DMT-Nexus member

To answers your question, it's only the quantities of the ingredients you have to reduce accordingly. The steps remains the same. So you still do the acid cook 3 times, with 2l instead of 4l.

If this tek works with powder I can't really tell. Could be a pain to strain of? But else I don't see why it shouldn't work.
Cybs tek could easily be scaled up. If it works with Acacia root powder I can't say but some have done it with acacia seeds if I recall it correctly.

cyb
#4 Posted : 4/3/2013 7:35:14 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Digi-Art, DTP, Optical tester, Mechanic, CarpenterSenior Member | Skills: Digi-Art, DTP, Optical tester, Mechanic, Carpenter

Bigsuccabusta wrote:
in Cyb's tek you boil the acidic solution separately

There is absolutely NO mention of boiling 'anything' in my tek other than water for a heat bath...
Please do not spread mis-information and re-read it...
You are mistaken.
Confused
Please do not PM tek related questions
Reserve the right to change your mind at any given moment.

Krusr
#5 Posted : 4/3/2013 4:37:23 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Word ill look over cybs tek thanks for the imput . i was wondering if i have powder instead of boiling the acid cook maybe could i have 3 Seperate containers each with a ph of 4 and break a kilo into equal 3's and let them soak just at room temperature for 24 hours would that be the same as the "acid cooks" or does there need to be that hot bath

SnozzleBerry
#6 Posted : 4/3/2013 4:43:56 PM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

Bigsuccabusta wrote:
From what I've read, the teks that involve boiling the bark in an acidic solution do not work very well with root bark powder.

Not true.
WikiAttitudeFAQ
The NexianNexus ResearchThe OHT
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
גם זה יעבור

MagicGing
#7 Posted : 4/3/2013 6:00:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The heat works to get the alks and oils/whatnot into the acidic solution. It helps drastically improve yeilds, but is not required. And imo, the acid cook would work fine with powder, as long as you have sufficiently filtered the solution to where theres no sludge at the bottom. Actually, i dont see any difference as to using heat with the acidic solution with powder, or no heat. Either way you would have the same filtering problems; if that is the problem you speak of

Edit: basically water can dissolve much more water-soluble things while hot, generally

Imo i would do as many acid cooks as possible, until the water just barely changes color; that means theres not much left to dissolve
“The swans go on the path of the sun, they go through the ether by means of their miraculous power; the wise are led out of this world, when they have conquered Mara (desire) and his train" Dhammapada

"But is it probable," asked Pascal, "that probability gives assurance? Nothing gives certainty but truth; nothing gives rest but for the sincere search for truth"

Krusr
#8 Posted : 4/3/2013 8:12:39 PM
DMT-Nexus member

So the hot water will no dissolve my powder when I do the cook and filter should I have powder in there still ? And again just re in the acid cook ?

MagicGing
#9 Posted : 4/3/2013 8:15:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The hot acidic polar water will dissolve most water solubles and a bit of nonpolars. It will not dissolve the plant. The point of the filter is to remove the solids ( the undissolved stuff) from the liquid.
“The swans go on the path of the sun, they go through the ether by means of their miraculous power; the wise are led out of this world, when they have conquered Mara (desire) and his train" Dhammapada

"But is it probable," asked Pascal, "that probability gives assurance? Nothing gives certainty but truth; nothing gives rest but for the sincere search for truth"

MagicGing
#10 Posted : 4/3/2013 9:43:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Did that help?

Krusr
#11 Posted : 4/3/2013 10:50:49 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I'm using a powder not shredded bark ? I'm wondering after my first acid cook will I dissolve the powder

MagicGing
#12 Posted : 4/4/2013 12:43:35 AM

DMT-Nexus member

You will dissolve the water soluble parts of the powder, not the powder.

I hope that will help the previous posts make sense

MagicGing
#13 Posted : 4/4/2013 3:00:56 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Its kind of like an acidic coffee brewer machine

Krusr
#14 Posted : 4/10/2013 1:06:16 PM
DMT-Nexus member

So I decided to go try cybs but I've come up to steps 6 an seven where it says wash nathpha (50ml) through four times then it says repeat this a total of 5 times ... So I am using 10x the original 50 grams so I I did my math right I need roughly 8 liters ?

cyb
#15 Posted : 4/10/2013 1:14:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Digi-Art, DTP, Optical tester, Mechanic, CarpenterSenior Member | Skills: Digi-Art, DTP, Optical tester, Mechanic, Carpenter

Krusr wrote:
So I decided to go try cybs but I've come up to steps 6 an seven where it says wash nathpha (50ml) through four times then it says repeat this a total of 5 times ... So I am using 10x the original 50 grams so I I did my math right I need roughly 8 liters ?

No 50ml PER PULL...
If you are extracting 500g bark...use around 150ml nap per pull
you can reuse the nap if you wish and keep pulling till nothing comes out
Wink

BobbyBrazil
#16 Posted : 4/10/2013 1:23:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Krusr wrote:

I don't believe that your math is correct. If you multiply 50ML by ten you get half a liter. 50ml X 10 = .5L

Krusr
#17 Posted : 4/10/2013 10:13:07 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Cyb says use 150 ml per pull for 500grams and in the tek it says repeat that 4 times

4 x 150 ml = 600 ml

In step seven it says repeat step six for a total of 5 times ...

5 * 600ml = 3l

cyb
#18 Posted : 4/10/2013 10:41:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

It appears that you are not quite getting it.

You place naphtha into the mix to draw the product into the naphtha when mixed together.
500g of bark will require a fair bit of water to make the mix watery not sludgy.
150ml of nap is a rough guide of the amount needed to mix with that amount of water and saturate the nap with product. You can even use less if you are confident you can separate it OK.

This is then drawn off and frozen to crash out the crystal.
You can repeat this process as many times as you wish...even re using the nap after the freeze.
Or if you have enough nap available...continue doing pulls, at least 4 times, until no crystals form in the freezing stage.
I only use a 120ml can for each extraction (of 50g bark) and save all the nap in jam jars for the next time.

You don't need litres of the stuff.

Krusr
#19 Posted : 4/11/2013 4:20:56 AM
DMT-Nexus member

So every time I add nathpha it's consider a pull ? Sorry I miss understood when it said do this 4x so you do four pulls of 150ml and since it's my first time I'll do a
5th pull .
As for sodium hydroxide should I just get to a ph of 12 ? Or in this case use equal amount to bark?

Krusr
#20 Posted : 4/11/2013 4:23:40 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Would using 600ml of vinegar to 2 liters water be a strong enough acid or is there a certain ph ? I thought it be best to ask everything ii don't fully understand

123NEXT