We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Mandela's, meditation and DMT. A funny story Options

sillysyban
#1 Posted : 6/17/2007 2:30:39 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey good peoples, I thought I would share a story that happened to me on the weekend last week. I have been trying to explain the closed eye fractal and geometric patterns one sees on DMT to my wife for a while. We were at the Mind, Body and Spirit expo and I saw a couple of round buddhist mandela's painted on the wall in a stall. I showed them to my wife and one of the assistants asked if I was interested in them. I told him I was, and asked where the artist got his images from. He replied that the inspiration comes from deep meditation. I told him that I had seen these before and he asked if I meditate. I told him that I didn't meditate but take psychedelic drugs and had seen them under the influence of DMT. He did not like this answer to much and said that he supposes that the brain can reach certain states by various methods. I then went on to tell him that DMT is released naturally by the brain and that it is theorized that deep meditation can flood the brain with DMT and so his visuals may be due to DMT as well. At this point he stopped wanting to talk to me at all and we moved on. So much for the buddhist open mind on this bloke.
THERE ARE 10 KINDS OF PEOPLE IN THE WORLD.
THOSE THAT KNOW THE BINARY SYSTEM AND THOSE THAT DONT.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

DMTripper
#2 Posted : 6/17/2007 4:24:22 AM

John Murdoch IV

I somewhere read about some Tibetan monk that said DMT takes you as far into the "Bardos" as one can go. For Tibetans the "Bardos" is a place you go after your bodily death. These guy's know how to meditate Smile
––––––

DMTripper is a fictional character therefore everything he says here must be fiction.
I mean, who really believes there is such a place as Hyperspace!!

blackclo
#3 Posted : 6/17/2007 8:24:23 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Sillysyban that's a funny story, it is similiar to how the Buddhist community frowned upon Strassman's DMT Research and was partly why he discontinued pursuing this area of study. Actually, ancient Dao masters used to use alcohol to numb their master souls and cultivate their subordinate souls. I think alcohol is worse for you than DMT. DMTripper I heard that too. Terence took it to a really old and well respected Tibetan Monk somewhere in Asia and the little old guy toked it hard! Laughing After he came back he said that he had indeed been 'there' before, and that 'this was as far as you can go' without being dead. He admitted that DMT took him 'there' the same as exalted states of meditation did.

drunken_mexican
#4 Posted : 7/13/2007 10:01:31 PM
DMT-Nexus member

heheh... I wonder how long it would take to be able to meditate like that... and I wonder if the elves cheer you on when you do finally get there... if there are in fact elves in meditation...