We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
growing grasses in full sun, full shade or partial shade? Options

jamie
#1 Posted : 3/29/2013 5:42:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

I have both brachys and aquatica going now and they are going to go right into the ground out back this week..most of my backyard gets full sun for much of the day. Part of the garden wraps around the side of my deck where it gets shade most of the day and so that is where I put my salvias in the ground..I dont really know what is the best for the grasses. I had brachys last year in shade most of the day becasue I had the feeling it would burn in the sun..

Can brachys and aquatica take full sun durring the hottest times of the day if I keep them well watered or should I put them in a shady spot? I know arundiancea grows in full sun and shade and I have some out there in the sun now from a wild strain I work with and its doing fine.
Long live the unwoke.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Vodsel
#2 Posted : 3/29/2013 8:29:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: Filmmaking and Storytelling, Video and Audio Technology, Teaching, Gardening, Languages (Proficient Spanish, Catalan and English, and some french, italian and russian), Seafood cuisine

I'd say full sun. Give them as much light as you have... It's certainly the way P.Canariensis is grown commercially, I've grown grass and the best results happened with the maximum sunlight. They are quite drought tolerant actually... if you water them daily in summer they will grow better, but don't worry too much.

jamie
#3 Posted : 3/29/2013 8:33:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

okay great thanks!
Long live the unwoke.

Parshvik Chintan
#4 Posted : 3/29/2013 8:55:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

yea, during the summer here, we get 21 hours of sun, and the wild phalaris loves it.
My wind instrument is the bong
CHANGA IN THE BONGA!