We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
123NEXT
New to Cacti Options

Psyckoz
#1 Posted : 3/31/2009 6:51:01 PM
DMT-Nexus member

SWIM has been reading about cacti recently and it got him quite interested.
However, he's completely new to the cacti world and needs a little bit of advice first.
First of, the site SWIM is gonna purchase it from has 3 types of cacti : Peyote, San Pedro and Peruvian Torch.
Is one of those best suited for a first timer or are they quite the same ?
Second, those are cacti cuttings to "place in soil to grow". Is it really only for growing or can you eat it ?
Third, there are various sizes of cuttings. What would be a cutting that can produce a decent amount for SWIM and 1 or 2 friends to experiment with ?
( more "standard" cuttings on the site are 4-5cm for Peyote, 6-8cm for San Pedro and Peruvian Torch only comes with the mention "one piece" ).
Finally, SWIM is planning to make cacti tea and would like to know what would be a good dose for a first time.
Thanks.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

'Coatl
#2 Posted : 4/1/2009 7:14:59 PM

Teotzlcoatl

Quote:
Is one of those best suited for a first timer or are they quite the same ?

Lophophora = Peyote and Trichocerus = San Pedro/Peruvian Torch

For a first timer... go with Trichocereus = San Pedro/Peruvian Torch

Quote:
Second, those are cacti cuttings to "place in soil to grow". Is it really only for growing or can you eat it ?

Yes you can eat it, but I'd recommend growing for awhile first. All vendors sale plants "not for human consumption" to stay out of trouble with the law.

Quote:
Third, there are various sizes of cuttings. What would be a cutting that can produce a decent amount for SWIM and 1 or 2 friends to experiment with ?

10-12 inchs per person of Trichocereus bridgesii.

Quote:
Finally, SWIM is planning to make cacti tea and would like to know what would be a good dose for a first time.

Don't make tea, you'll just puke.... follow the method in "Teotzlcoatl's Cactus Thread".
WARNING: DO NOT INGEST ANY BOTANICAL WHICH YOU HAVE NOT FULLY RESEARCHED AND CORRECTLY IDENTIFIED!!!

I am Teotzlcoatl, older cousin of Quetzalcoatl. My most famous physical incarnation was Nezahualcoyotl, but I have taken many forms since the dawn of the cosmos. In this realm I manifest as multiple entities at a single time. I am many, I am numbered. I am few, but more than one. I am a multifaceted being, a winged serpent with many heads. We are Teotzlcoatl.

"We Are The One's We've Been Waiting For" - Hopi Proverb

psychosisdoses
#3 Posted : 4/1/2009 9:22:00 PM

Derek

or you can try 69rons amazing food safe mescaline extraction using d-limonene and calcium hydroxide found here

i have had fantastic results with that tek Laughing
"once youve locked yourself into a serious drug collection the tendency is to push it as far as you can..." - hunter s. thompson

~~~~~~~~...You are me and i am you, i will always be with you...~~~~~~~~IAmUsWeYouMe~~~~~~~~
‹maxzar100› YOU are like acid
‹mattimus› dosesdosingdoses

'Coatl
#4 Posted : 4/1/2009 10:22:43 PM

Teotzlcoatl

I'd say for the beginner regular cactus would be much better. It's really easy to prepare and it's completely organic in the purest sense of the word. I prefer cactus to extract mescaline by far.
WARNING: DO NOT INGEST ANY BOTANICAL WHICH YOU HAVE NOT FULLY RESEARCHED AND CORRECTLY IDENTIFIED!!!

I am Teotzlcoatl, older cousin of Quetzalcoatl. My most famous physical incarnation was Nezahualcoyotl, but I have taken many forms since the dawn of the cosmos. In this realm I manifest as multiple entities at a single time. I am many, I am numbered. I am few, but more than one. I am a multifaceted being, a winged serpent with many heads. We are Teotzlcoatl.

psychosisdoses
#5 Posted : 4/1/2009 10:33:19 PM

Derek

'Coatl wrote:
I'd say for the beginner regular cactus would be much better. It's really easy to prepare and it's completely organic in the purest sense of the word. I prefer cactus to extract mescaline by far.

not so fast aforementioned extraction tech is all natural and the product is full range as far alkaloid content.. it gets all of them not to mention the tech is very easy and once you have the extract dosing is simple reliable and repeatable... i experience next to no nausea with this extract and from what i heard thats not the case with cactus.... so the extract is just like eating the cactus except its measurable/less nausea/one small gel cap as opposed to a nasty snoty brew

i was a beginner i had never tried mescaline untill i did this tech i had never tried another tech but this one sounded SIMPLE and it was. its worth checking out if your interested in cacti.
"once youve locked yourself into a serious drug collection the tendency is to push it as far as you can..." - hunter s. thompson

~~~~~~~~...You are me and i am you, i will always be with you...~~~~~~~~IAmUsWeYouMe~~~~~~~~

VisualDistortion
#6 Posted : 4/1/2009 10:34:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

'Coatl wrote:
I prefer cactus to extract mescaline by far.

Can you explain to me the principles and moralities involved in that statement? For surely it must only be a moral issue since I don't believe SWIY has consumed a mescaline extract before. Maybe I'm wrong. Mescaline can be extracted with 100% natural chemicals. There is nothing unnatural used in this mescaline extraction.
You lock the door, and throw away the key

There's someone in my head but it's not me

'Coatl
#7 Posted : 4/1/2009 11:10:06 PM

Teotzlcoatl

I never said it wasn't natural... notice my wording-

Quote:
It's really easy to prepare and it's completely organic in the purest sense of the word.

Quote:
i was a beginner i had never tried mescaline until i did this tech i had never tried another tech but this one sounded SIMPLE and it was. its worth checking out if your interested in cacti.

Your telling me it's easier than just peeling it?

Quote:
i experience next to no nausea with this extract and from what i heard thats not the case with cactus....

Nausea of correctly prep'ed cactus is about the same as mescaline.

amor_fati
#8 Posted : 4/1/2009 11:23:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expertSenior Member

SWIM's never gotten nausea from cactus, just internal pain from the brew, which he highly doubts was caused by water or anything to do with brewing. SWIM's also eaten dried cactus before and had similar effects. SWIM's only heard rumors of pure mescaline causing nausea, but hasn't seen any evidence of it as of late. SWIM would rather extract.

Jorkest
#9 Posted : 4/1/2009 11:39:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

SWIM has tried doing both..eating dried cacti chips that he cut up..and hes been testing this mescaline extract...the dried chips caused a lot of nausea for SWIM...it was not very pleasant and it almost turned him off from cactus for good...but then this EASY tek came along..and SWIM pulled it off on the first try...there is absolutely NO nausea from the extract..it doesnt taste disgusting and you can dose yourself much more reliably..which is important to SWIM..because hes tired of just jumping off a cliff and not knowing how high it is until he hits the bottom..if you know what i mean
it's a sound

Kannamate
#10 Posted : 4/1/2009 11:41:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

'Coatl wrote:

Why do you prefer eating the whole cactus do you think the effects are more fuller,or just easier/quicker to make?

'Coatl
#11 Posted : 4/2/2009 2:12:10 AM

Teotzlcoatl

Quote:
Why do you prefer eating the whole cactus do you think the effects are more fuller,or just easier/quicker to make?

Both.

psychosisdoses
#12 Posted : 4/2/2009 2:27:40 AM

Derek

'Coatl wrote:
Quote:

Both.

well FYI this extract gets all of alkaloids so it is identical to eating the whole cactus with out the "whole cactus" as far as easier eh maybe there are easier ways but if you can make cookies you can do this extract.... im not putting your way down i just want to spread the information i have had great wonderful results with this tech "And you can to!" *wacky waving smiling inflatable arm flailing tube man points to YOU!*

Laughing in fact i am on 300mgs of said extract and tripping my ass off in the best way possible and i probably will be for oh the next eh 10 hours hahahahaha

i urge you people! PEOPLE! this is simple and wonderful and beautiful...
69ron has given us a beautiful thing.... we must cherish it

'Coatl
#13 Posted : 4/2/2009 6:16:36 PM

Teotzlcoatl

Quote:
well FYI this extract gets all of alkaloids so it is identical to eating the whole cactus with out the "whole cactus" as far as easier eh maybe there are easier ways but if you can make cookies you can do this extract.... im not putting your way down i just want to spread the information i have had great wonderful results with this tech "And you can to!" *wacky waving smiling inflatable arm flailing tube man points to YOU!*

Haha ok. All I'm saying is it's easier to peel than to extract and it's just as good... and I highly doubt that extraction gets ALL the compounds in cactus. There's 100s.

For me its a respect thing... cactus isn't a party drug... but y'all's extracted pill sized trip could very well be... which yes, I think is bad.

psychosisdoses
#14 Posted : 4/2/2009 10:26:58 PM

Derek

'Coatl wrote:
Quote:

Haha ok. All I'm saying is it's easier to peel than to extract and it's just as good... and I highly doubt that extraction gets ALL the compounds in cactus. There's 100s.

For me its a respect thing... cactus isn't a party drug... but y'all's extracted pill sized trip could very well be... which yes, I think is bad.

this may be i dont use these "drugs" in that way however
im just goin on what i heard who knows if it gets all of it... your right it probably doesnt
to each his own of course i like reliability and knowing what and how much i am taking

i had no idea there where hundreds of alkaloids seems like i got some more readin to do i knew there were alot i didnt think there were that much

'Coatl
#15 Posted : 4/3/2009 12:07:41 AM

Teotzlcoatl

Quote:
i had no idea there where hundreds of alkaloids seems like i got some more readin to do i knew there were alot i didnt think there were that much

Maybe I shouldn't have said "100s"... I know there is AT LEAST 50+ in Peyote but I'm pretty sure there is a lot more than that...

Jorkest
#16 Posted : 4/3/2009 5:09:46 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

puking isnt fun
it's a sound

psychosisdoses
#17 Posted : 4/3/2009 5:47:30 AM

Derek

Jorkest wrote:
puking isnt fun

no it isnt.. i take back that the extract is nausea free
last night i experienced 2-3 hours of severe distress for lack of a better word
didnt puke but it sure felt like i had to

granted i was also taking demerol for pain and i have barely been eating past two weeks
oh and i think i over did it on the coffee be wary of that two cups of very strong coffee might just be too much *shrug* "heres your sign...."

had an amazing trip though simply amazing..... 30+ hours i dont feel baseline
having insane dreams and when i wake for 10 mins persisting visuals over full visual field

its not often i get the feeling i have been changed after a trip
but mescaline definitely gave me that feeling..

i wish there were more i could say about it but i simply cant find the words to relate the sheer vastness of it...

'Coatl
#18 Posted : 4/3/2009 6:02:46 AM

Teotzlcoatl

Like I said... theres a chance of nausea with both cactus and pure mescaline or cactus extract.

psychosisdoses
#19 Posted : 4/3/2009 6:06:23 AM

Derek

'Coatl wrote:
Like I said... theres a chance of nausea with both cactus and pure mescaline or cactus extract.

indeed as goes most things
i would think though an extract would be less just based on the fact that its less material in your belly sometimes that alone can make you sick or give you a bodyload

'Coatl
#20 Posted : 4/3/2009 6:22:31 AM

Teotzlcoatl

And I'd say your probably correct.

123NEXT